Diamondbell
September 17th, 2008, 11:12 PM
This has been my growth rate so far:
April 2007 - 25"
(After that every month 1")
October 2007 - 30"
November 2007 - 31"
December 2007 - 32"
(After this I did a trim of may be 2½ " (because of uneven lengths) and then again a trim of ½" in July 2008 and again a trim of 1" in August 2008 (the last two trims according to Morocco Method))
---------------------------------------------------
Right now my hair length is at 31" and hasn't grown any further...
What could be the reason? Is it diet or any other reason? Has it slowed down because it has reached waist-length?

I think my hair growth has slowed now. According to my calculations it should have been 41" - and since I had those trims, at least 35".... any advice would be appreciated :) Thanks

Elenna
September 17th, 2008, 11:32 PM
There are lots of variables like diet, hair condition, stress, and growth patterns.

I get my hair trimmed 1/4 inch every three to four months. This evens out the ends. Spidermom has had good results with frequent small trims. Maybe, she'd have some advice for you.

Diamondbell
September 18th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks Elenna. I have a feeling that my hair growth slows down after waist-length.

Molster
September 18th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Lucky you for having had 1" per month growth. I reackon that if you were getting that rate of growth before, that is certainly above average. The average seems to be around half an inch per month for most people, but many experience seasonal growth spurts, and stalls which can last months, too.

Maybe you are simply having a stall - a bit of a rest after that massive growing effort, and it will probably pick up again soon. I've only ever recorded an inch of growth in a month once, you lucky devil - I'm so jealous!

Diamondbell
September 18th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks Molster! - I suppose the hair is resting now... :) and I think I am jealous of your length! :lol: