PDA

View Full Version : Braid inspiration

Selkie-
June 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I love this braided style - does anyone know how to go about replicating it? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm still a braid newbie and have only learnt to do dutch, French and fishtail braids in the last couple of weeks. :o

Also, does anyone else have any braid inspiration type pictures? I thought it might be fun to share. :)

[url]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/braid-fashion-girl-Favim_com-322539_zps16bfae9c.jpg (http://)

Feathered
June 16th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I'm no expert on braids, but I agree with you. I'ts a really neat looking braid. I understand how the sides are done, but I do not get how they did the braiding on the bottom. I'm sure someone on here will be able to explain it very easily, though. Good luck with it. :)

Sagi1982
June 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM
The side braids are French lace braids, similar braided as TorrinPaige shows in her Swoop bun video, and pinned to the head.

Looks to me like the side braids are pinned with bobby pins together to one dangling braid. If you look close you see the dangling part is bound off with two separate elastics.

Hope that makes sense. :flower:

freesia
June 16th, 2014, 11:02 AM
It seems like a small section of hair is gathered as a half-up in the center, with the rest hair in two french lace braids using sections only from the sides, going into regular english braids at the nape of the neck.. The english braids must be kept together by something eg. bobby pins

ETA: Sagi1982 you beat me to it :)

spidermom
June 16th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I agree with above. I've seen people leave out one thin strand of hair between 2 braids like that, then weave it back and forth through the inner loops to bring the 2 braids together. However, these look like they are probably bobby pinned together at the underside.

Madora
June 16th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Maybe the braids at the bottom were sewn together instead of being held with bobby pins.

Selkie-
June 17th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Thanks everyone - that makes sense.

I will have to do a lot of practicing to try and get this style though as I've never tried french lace braids before. Not sure if I like the half-up blob in the middle so I might have to improvise. :p

lunalocks
June 17th, 2014, 03:05 AM
I think the half=up blob on the top might be growing out bangs.

Selkie-
June 17th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I love this braided style as well - am I right that it is two side fishtail braids that are then rope-braided?

Also - who else loves the purple hair - I love it!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/2c72e25b-cefe-442e-8732-30474b77ee67_zpsc6e792a9.jpg

Sagi1982
June 17th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Beautiful hairstyle!

Seems to me like two French herringbones, an leaved-out (correct English?) middle section, all braided in herringbone technique, then braided in a normal threestranded braid.

Stormynights
June 17th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Gumball could do those. He could braid my dog's hair and make it look beautiful. hehe

Selkie-
June 18th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Beautiful hairstyle!

Seems to me like two French herringbones, an leaved-out (correct English?) middle section, all braided in herringbone technique, then braided in a normal threestranded braid.

Ah, thanks Sagi1982. :flowers:

Sagi1982
June 21st, 2014, 08:40 AM
Glad to help, Selkie-.