PDA

View Full Version : ~~How long did it take you to get where you are now?

Drosmand7
June 14th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a thread like this one, so forgive me if I overlooked..

Everyone's hair grows at different rates, but I thought it would be fun/encouraging to see how long it took everyone to get where they are right now..

I did a major chop to APL and now I'm at a little more than BSL ~ which took me exactly a year.. :cheer:

Your turn !;)

kouran
June 14th, 2014, 03:50 AM
I started growing my waist lenght hair in 2009, now it's nearly knee, it could be knee length already but I have mantained it at classic, and thigh length, for one year each. I'm unsure whether to keep it at mid thigh length or knee...

But it has taken me more or less 4/5 years I guess, for my hair to reach thigh length. :)

Nesoi
June 14th, 2014, 04:18 AM
I shaved my head two years ago and now it is collarbone :) I did have a few trims in that time.

Cania
June 14th, 2014, 04:20 AM
I cut to chin in 2009 and now I'm TBL, so it took about five years, but I maintained at waist for almost a year ^_^ My goals kept changing during that time.

flemeister
June 14th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Almost at MBL here. :)

Started growing from a bog standard crew cut a little over two years ago. I'll be at MBL by October, so that'll be 2.5 years to go from crew cut to MBL. :bounce:

Radiant
June 14th, 2014, 04:27 AM
I've never had hair shorter than shoulder length (at least since I was a very young child). Five years ago I had my hair cut to shoulder length. By last summer it was about hip length. I then (stupidly) had 10" cut taking me to mid back. I've probably grown back 5" since. So I was able to go from shoulder to hip in 4 years basically.

Tota
June 14th, 2014, 04:34 AM
It took me full four years to get from chin length to almost hip. During that time I microtrimmed regulary to thicken my hemline.

lazuliblue
June 14th, 2014, 04:51 AM
2 years to get from pixie to past APL, but not quite BSL.

HairFaerie
June 14th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Pixie to solid shoulder = 1 year.
I had a lot of trims in between to get rid of the mullet and most of the layers.

jacqueline101
June 14th, 2014, 05:21 AM
It took me from June when I started until now to get 6 inches above waist. I trimmed out layers and a broken damage patch.

Wosie
June 14th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I cut a very short pixie in March of 2012 and now my hair is 25" long (...stretched! unstretched I am about one inch past APL, but with some layers left, still).

ravenheather
June 14th, 2014, 05:26 AM
I grew from a couple inches above shoulder to middle of my back since August 2011. So 2 3/4 years. No trims.

Stray_mind
June 14th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I am aout an inch or two away from APL. I chopped my hair to a bit below chin lenght 10 months ago. I had two trims during those months, one in november and one in april. Next trim will be in november again.

Khristopher
June 14th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I started in 2009 with a short, angled bob. So it took 5 years to get to my goal, classic (I did some microtrimms from time to time, but mostly untouched). It helps that I'm short :whistle:

dwell_in_safety
June 14th, 2014, 07:45 AM
I started at shoulder length October 2011 and am now grazing TBL 32 months later.

browneyedsusan
June 14th, 2014, 08:15 AM
See siggy.
I need to update, but it's close. :)

cathair
June 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM
17 years to go from just above shoulder somewhere to somewhere between hip and tailbone. It's been a loooong journey. Has been a little quicker since I got here.

battles
June 14th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Three years from chin to almost waist with a dye mishap, and then 7 months from chin again to slightly past collarbone dye free. :p

Achlys
June 14th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I last cut my hair to chin almost exactly four years ago. I'm now halfway from hip to BCL. That's 21 inches of growth, plus another ~2 that I've trimmed.

coconutinsight
June 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Cut to APL in November and am now at MBL, so about 7 months.

KittyBird
June 14th, 2014, 08:49 AM
It has taken me 2 years to get from BSL/waist to tailbone, with only one tiny trim earlier this year.

momschicklets
June 14th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I started out at the nape of my neck and 6 months later I'm about an inch or two past collarbone...no trims and no plans to trim anytime soon.

PinkScarf
June 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM
I had an accidental pixie in April 2012 and after that decided I wanted long hair, if only to avoid another drastically different cut from the one I ask for! I changed my mind and maintained at chin-length for half a year, then decided to grow out long again. Since then, I've had a few trims and one 2-inch chop by a scissor-happy hairstylist who didn't seem to understand how big 1/2 inch is.

So it's basically taken me 2 years to go from pixie to where I am, which is somewhere between APL and BSL.

Sterlyn
June 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM
I am a more visual person, I like pics for progress, as the distance between markers can vary from person to person depending on height and body shape.

Feb 2013 a bit past chin
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/sterlyn1/Hair%20Growth%202013/P1000098_zpsba85f926.jpg (http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/sterlyn1/media/Hair%20Growth%202013/P1000098_zpsba85f926.jpg.html)

June 2014 a bit past APL in approx 16 months, with one trim in July of about 1"
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/sterlyn1/Hair%20Growth%202013/P1010904_zpsd4ba227d.jpg (http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/sterlyn1/media/Hair%20Growth%202013/P1010904_zpsd4ba227d.jpg.html)

DweamGoiL
June 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I had a shoulder length cut in 2005 or so from TBL and maintained my hair short to about 2008. Then, I got lazy and would let it grow 6-9 months at a time, and then would cut it back to somewhere between shoulder and BSL. At the end of 2012, I just put it in a ponytail most times and kind of forgot about it. Then, in October of 2013, I decided to start really caring for it since it was somewhere at MBL. Now, it's a few inches shy of WL since I had a 2 inch trim last month. I plan to maintain it somewhere between WL and TBL, but am still feeling it out. Right now, it is layered and makes it easier to maintain the length without the bulk, but as it gets longer, that might change. As far as growth, basically, it grows pretty consistently about a half inch a month.

Mellybee
June 14th, 2014, 09:38 AM
My hair is at 25"... I started with a buzzcut in Nov 2011, so it's been just over two and a half years, with a few trims inbetween.

AspenSong
June 14th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I started actively growing my hair out in 2008, starting at about collarbone or so. I'm now mid-thigh, and I've trimmed when needed. Anywhere from a tiny bit to cutting 6 " or so of bleach damage off.

kganihanova
June 14th, 2014, 09:41 AM
9 months from apl to waist (pre chop) and about 3 from almost apl to shoulder blade after a big chop. I have really great growth. :)

darklyndsea
June 14th, 2014, 10:02 AM
BSL to fingertip in 3 years.

kganihanova
June 14th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I trim a lot though. Without trimming I only went from bsl to waist+ in the same amount of time

kittykat86
June 14th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I started growing out my pixie cut in 2010. My hair is now 38" long and almost to TBL. Not bad for 4 years of growth. I had a few trims in there but now I just S&D when needed.

RainbowBowser
June 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Big chop to slightly above APL to slightly past BSL = 1 year (my big chop was 1 year exactly yesterday ^^)

Weewah
June 14th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I joined 6 months ago at around BSL, did one length trim and am at MBL about 1.5 inches from waist now.

PrincessBob
June 14th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I usually claim it has been 8.5 years (going from my last professional haircut), but the first five years were stalled at bsl or waist. My hair didn't really start growing until I joined LHC 4 years ago and made some much needed changes in my hair routine. The starting length in my profile was about how long it was when I got it cut for senior pictures all those many, many years ago.

molljo
June 14th, 2014, 03:05 PM
I started growing out a pixie in January of '13 and I hit shoulder about a month ago, but I've had a few trims/mullet maintenance in between.

sumidha
June 14th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Ten year ago I shaved my head, today my hair is about an inch past tailbone. There's definitely been dye and bleach and cuts along the way, and I'm also a slow grower. :)

AmberJewel
June 14th, 2014, 03:30 PM
It's been somewhere around two years since I started growing at APL, and I'm now at hip!

Alyse
June 14th, 2014, 03:45 PM
I joined the forum when my hair was waist length but I started growing it out a few years before that. I went from a few inches above APL to waist in around two years.

Anabell
June 14th, 2014, 03:57 PM
At 2004 I cut my hair to layered collar bone length. At 2011 I was at tailbone or a little bit longer. So I would say it was take me 7 years to grow out my hair from collar bone to tail bone, the non-LHC way with visits at the hairdresser every couple of month to refresh the layers in the first 3 years.

MrsGuther
June 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
It has taken me almost four years to go from shoulder length to 3 inches past classic.

Monkshood
June 14th, 2014, 04:56 PM
2 1/2 years from ~chin to almost TBL. No trim.

curlylocks85
July 15th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I cut from almost BSL, last November to SL. I have gained 4" since then with a 1" trim in February. I am 2" from APL. All together, 6" in 1 year from SL to APL.

trolleypup
July 15th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Decades. .

Arwenlily
July 15th, 2014, 08:06 PM
When I had my last rather large salon trim I was at around 18" which was in July of last year. It has been almost exactly a year and I'm now at 27" when my hair is wet which is below my bra strap and at bsl and sometimes a little past when my hair is dry and curly. I have done S&D and 1 small trim since July of last year, and for this year I plan to do one more probably at the beginning of fall.

restless
July 15th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I cut my hair into a shoulder length, very layered hairstyle 5 years ago. It kept breaking off the following year due to hair abuse, so 4 years ago I was still at shoulder length. Since then Ive reached the sooo-close-to- BCL-when-wet stage with several small trims inbetween.

woodswanderer
July 15th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I have no idea because I've never had short hair. It was BSL+ once about 16 years ago, but I never made a particular effort to reach a length goal and I often maintain a length for years so I have no clue. Usually my hair gets longer when I go too long without a trim and decide that I kinda like the new length and want to trim a little less so I can try out the new length. When people ask me, I usually say about 6 years just to give an answer of some kind. People seem let down if I say I don't know.:confused: It's the most common question I get...right before the question about donating to Locks of Love.

gus
July 15th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I got a very short pixie cut about five and a half years ago and have been growing it out, with multiple trims and bangs experiments, ever since.

AmyBeth
July 16th, 2014, 12:57 AM
I started in Dec 2011 with a very layered BSL cut, 24 inches long. Now I'm just about an inch shy of BCL at 37 inches. I've done alot of trimming to get rid of the layers. Thru 2012 I did not trim at all, but from Jan 2013 until now, I trim anywhere from 1/4 inch to 2 inches every 3 months. So I've realized a net gain of 13 inches of length in 2 1/2 years. It feels like very slow going, but it has actually done well.

TurtleWexler
July 16th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Started in April 2013 with a pixie cut. I'm now at just about shoulder length for the majority of my hair. Tiny bits of the front are at chin length, and I recently added fringe/bangs.

There were several trims along the way. Had to get rid of the dreaded mullet that emerges when growing out a pixie!

DancingQueen
July 16th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I have been growing it for 4,5 years now. It started as chin-length when straightened (due to an evil hairdresser), a cut that did NOT suit me. Now it is just barely at BSL when straightened, and. A few inches off when curly.

I think the main reason the progress is so little, is partly due to some heat damage at the beginning, and partly due to a lot of hairdressers, cutting off a lot more than needed (I asked for 1 cm, and got 5). Thus happened a lot, and I also cut off 5 cm more than needed in fall 2013, because I wanted to experiment with my curls. If I had cut it myself from thes tart, and not cut off more than I needed that obe time, it would be somewhat longer.

Johannah
July 16th, 2014, 04:50 AM
My hair was APL with heavy layers starting at ear length. My hair is almost at hip now without any layers. Took me 3 years, but I did trims to get rid of the layers off course.

RockabyeRed
July 16th, 2014, 05:23 AM
I had a very short bob 3 years ago. After cutting out most of the layers and chopping lots of damage off (bleached and straightened hair!) I'm nearly at APL :)

fiğrildi
July 16th, 2014, 05:55 AM
My roots have grown up to collarbone in one and a half year. I'm maintaining at BSL for the rest of my hair, in order to get rid of curly perm damage, before I start growing longer. I trimmed around 4 inches off in september, and by january my hair had already reached most of its previous length. So I guess my hair is growing quite fast :popcorn:

XcaliburGirl
July 16th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I chopped my hair to a pixie cut in early 2011. I had the stylists morph it into a very short bob over that summer/autumn. So, starting from jaw-length in November 2011 and assuming I'll be at waist by this November, I'd say three years from jaw- to waist-length. There was one self-layer cut in that time that didn't take off much overall length. Other than that, no trims.

PerkyCurlz
July 16th, 2014, 08:26 AM
I had my last real haircut in 2009, when my hair was chin length and layered. I maintained layers until I was mid-back length, in 2011, and started growing out my layers. I hit waist length and got rid of my last layer in November 2012. I ended up back at waist length in November 2013 because of damage done by the "Hot Buns" I got at Sally's. I guess I'm now close to or at hip (or BCL when wet and stretched).

Madora
July 16th, 2014, 08:50 AM
My hair was a little past shoulder, circa 2003 and now I'm scraping knee..so about 14 years.

katieing
July 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I was at about bsl three years ago and grew to waist length another year later. That year I also decided to get blunt bangs (which did not work with my widow's peak) and the second I got them I decided to grow them out. This spring I got three inches chopped off because my ends were so unhealthy and they were almost fuzzy feeling... I didn't really take care of my hair until a few months ago when I set a goal for hip length. Since then my hair has grown back to waist length and my bangs are now at bsl (I guess I can't really keep calling them bangs if they are that long haha)

RubyTuesday
July 16th, 2014, 09:35 AM
I had a very short pixie cut in March 2012. I have trimmed a couple of times to get rid of the mullet and to even up the wonky fringe but still have a lot of layers left in it that I am reluctant to cut out yet as I do not want to get rid of any length.

I am now an inch and a half off APL when streched (my hair is wavy/curly). I am 5ft 10" so growing is slow for me. My shortest layers are still somewhere up around my shoulders. I trimmed a tiny amound off myself last month. Goal is waist length!

dellad
July 16th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Shaved my head 10 years ago. My hair is now a few inches past classic length. I cut off 11 inches in 2009 to get a straight hemline and maintained at waist length in 2011.

Loviatar
July 16th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Lousy diet, minimal water intake, forget to take vitamins:

March 2013: 1" pixie.
Today: avatar, around 18". I've had some mini nape trims to even up the length a bit.

Hair from crown to ends is 9" root to tip (I find when measuring very short hair this way is helpful in addition to the LHC way). I've not trimmed my crown hair at all. So Ive had 8" of growth in 16 months. Call that half an inch a month and that seems fairly normal to me.

If I change my diet, add in water and vits, and use henna and oil, I can get up to 1" a month, but I'm in no rush and it feels stupidly expensive to eat healthily where I live.

ExpectoPatronum
July 16th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I got from APL to the top of BSL in 4 months. From BSL to MBL, it took another 4 months because I stalled big time at BSL and my growth rate also slowed down, which I think is because BSL is where my hair starts getting caught on everything. I wear my hair in a lot more updos now!

I'm only 3-4 inches from waist now. I'm hoping to be there by the end of this year!

Stray_mind
July 16th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I got from a bit over my shoulders to allmost APL in 11 months. Next month is the 12th and i'll be there solidly. I also had two trims in between those months. With each trim a little more than 1 inch was cut off...

schweedie
July 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
I started at shoulder length in February 2009, and am now at tailbone. For the first couple of years I think I trimmed every 10 weeks or so, though, and after that (until this year) I kept trimming every 12 weeks.

Agnes Hannah
July 16th, 2014, 03:11 PM
When I joined LHC last September, I was APL. I'm almost at waist now, right at the bottom of MBL, about 1" should do it. So 10 months to get to this point. My hair has never been this long!

mzlbcmami
April 23rd, 2015, 12:11 AM
I did a big chop in 2012. My hair was a short pixie cut to 3 in. Now my hair is 36 in (April 2015). It kind of grew in layers...but front front line to back it is 36 in. :)

rhosyn_du
April 23rd, 2015, 12:20 AM
I'm just starting over, but last time I grew out, it took almost exactly six years to grow from chin to fingertip. At first, I was trimming every other month to get rid of bleach damage, but after about a year I moved it to every three months. I really wish I'd kept my measurement chart so I'd know what to expect this time, but I didn't.

Hurven
April 23rd, 2015, 03:50 AM
I had a big chop from an inch or so below BSL to chin in January 2013. Now I'm at APL. I was BSL last month, but cut back to APL to get rid of hair dye. I've also had a lot of trims since the big chop.

Arctic
April 23rd, 2015, 04:23 AM
I joined in summer 2007 and had shoulder length hair. Now almost 8 years later, lets see... I have shoulder length hair. Pretty good, huh! :face::laugh:

Begemot
April 23rd, 2015, 06:03 AM
^ LOL :D

All in all it took four years. 2011 I decided that I wanted long virgin hair. Now my hair is all natural and long-ish but still not long enough...

Stangenlocke
April 23rd, 2015, 06:08 AM
I started in December 2013, so about 1,5 years ago. I had a pixie when I started and am at APL now. I hope to get to a decent start of waist length by the end of the year (while avoiding any trims as much as possible).

hinabelle
April 23rd, 2015, 08:14 AM
In 2007, I cut from APL-ish to chin length (a bad haircut done by a stylist, I didn't want it that short).
Between 2007 and 2009~ish, my hair was so damaged it wouldn't really grow. Then I found a stylist
who knew how to take care of my hair. I had to get all the damage trimmed out so I didn't really
get any length from 2009-early 2011. I finally started growing healthy hair, and now I'm at BSL.
So it took me 8 years, 2007-2015, to get from chin to BSL. :shrug:

Mammasaurusrex
April 23rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
I started at bald last year around this time. I am now at 15/16 inches from hair line to my ends. Its like between neck and shoulder length. I just need another inch or so for it to look 'normal' for me.

Eastbound&Down
April 23rd, 2015, 09:02 AM
I cut my hair into a chin length bob January 5, 2014, my hair is currently about 4-5 inches from BSL. So chin-apl+ in 15 months.

Auni
April 23rd, 2015, 09:08 AM
I maintained a bob for about 1 year, then decided to grow in 2012 starting from chin length. After a disasterous cut at BSL last year in October, I had to cut back to just past APL and now I'm almost at midback.

chen bao jun
April 23rd, 2015, 05:28 PM
Will be three years next month.

Curly : was ear length, now BSL.

Stretched, was below shoulder but not APL. Now I stretch to midback, about 3 1/2 inches from waist.

My siggy isn't up to date.

I have had several trims, sporadically.

butterflybutton
April 23rd, 2015, 05:45 PM
I started at a pixie in November 2013, and now I'm an inch past APL wavy after 18 months with a little dusting off the ends once.

Arete
April 23rd, 2015, 05:53 PM
I started actively deciding to grow my hair ~August of 2012 when it was APL and it's an inch or so past BCL now. so 2.5 years. Only 16 inches in 2.5 years... This is making me depressed :(

MINAKO
April 23rd, 2015, 06:01 PM
Four years ago around this time i was at collar bone, i was not really decided to grow all my hair back out, mainly my bangs and with the rest i justs stopped bothering for some time, but later there were a few generous trims. So i dont really know.

chen bao jun
April 23rd, 2015, 07:11 PM
I started actively deciding to grow my hair ~August of 2012 when it was APL and it's an inch or so past BCL now. so 2.5 years. Only 16 inches in 2.5 years... This is making me depressed :(

I haven't got anything like 16 inches in almost three years. 16 inches in 2.5 years would be right on track with 'normal' actually, which would give you 6 inches a year, a foot in 2 years, 18 inches in 3 years...

I've had like a foot in three years, so far as I can tell. I didn't trim THAT much off.

I'm just happy that there is visibly more now. When you deal with the shrinkage thing, you never know how much it will look as if it grew, even if it did grow.

gthlvrmx
April 23rd, 2015, 07:33 PM
It has been 1 year and 5 months since I went from bald till now. My is now 1/2 inch away from APL at the longest parts when stretched. No trims, just the very rare S&D on the front hairs, not the hairs on the back, straight through growing. I am 5 feet 8 inches so I think my hair is growing pretty well since I went bald.

RavennaNight
April 23rd, 2015, 07:34 PM
7 years. In 2008 I was just at APL. I'm now between TB & Classic. Don't know how much further I will grow, I think I just passed a stall. I'm also tall, 5'10", and I've trimmed on and off, and one year I cut back substantially from 37" to around 32". I'm awful at keeping accurate documentation of trims and cuts, but regret none of them, as I can't imagine flat iron damage being pretty. It had to go eventually so it's good it went.

endlessly
April 23rd, 2015, 07:55 PM
I'll have to take a guess since I'm awful at remembering to track my growth. I cut my hair to shoulder length back in 2007 and before my next cut it was hip length in 2009. Then, I had a terrible haircut in late 2009 with choppy, uneven layers, and had to grow and trim in stages to get it looking normal again. By 2012 after several trims of varying lengths, it was at hip length when I went in for a final haircut to even up the bad hack job and it sat somewhere between mid-back and waist. I didn't cut it again until recently (March 2015) and it was midway between classic and knee.

So, if I can follow everything correctly, I typically can grow very, very long hair in about 3 years starting at about BSL, but if I were to be growing it out from nothing, I would say that it would probably take me 6-7 years total. But, it varies. When I was younger, my hair seemed to grow more slowly than it does now - I think I average 1.5-2 inches of growth every month.

Like I said above, my hair was recently trimmed just shy of two months ago and I trimmed it back to just above tailbone to get rid of remaining layers and now it's already surpassed tailbone and I only need a few inches to reach classic.

*ReiKa*
April 23rd, 2015, 09:28 PM
5 years, more or less!
I got a very layered chin lenght haircut in 2009, and in 2010 it was grown just a little past my chin when I said to myself that I was going to grow my hair really long.
Now it's 2015 and my hair is TBL.

Frankenstein
April 23rd, 2015, 11:03 PM
6 years, when all the time is rounded up. I cut off to APL in 2009 and had a slight trim a year later, during which it hardly grew at all. It took another year and a half for growth to actually start rolling for me. I was underweight during that time and once I started to gain what I needed, my hair seemed to grow quite a bit faster. I hit waist in 2012 and TBL in 2014. After a recent trim I'm still at TBL.

Unicorn
April 24th, 2015, 08:54 AM
My siggy picture shows my hair at 7 years growth. They are in locs, so visual lengthening is a slow process.

(I mentioned on another thread that my sig shows my hair at 8 years. My error, on checking I found the pic was taken at the 7 year anniversary of my locs)

Unicorn

Kendrix
April 24th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Let's see... I was shoulder length at my high school graduation back in '09 and now I am hovering at BCL. I maintained at BSL/MBL for a most of this time though because my sis used to cut my hair every break [every 2 months or so]. So it took about 6 years to get to this point and now it's growing pretty slowly. Is it just me or does dyed hair just SEEM to grow faster? I remember when I was in high school years ago and dying, I was always worried about roots. Now I am considering getting a single highlight just to see how long it takes to grow out. Is that strange?

LaBeq
April 24th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I started improved hair care in late 2009, and choosing to see if my hair would grow past my shoulders (it had never been that long before) sometime in early 2010. My hair is 9" longer than when I started, so 9" in about 5 1/2 years. There was one trim of a couple inches in there somewhere, but my hair has always grown slowly. I'm hoping that improved healthy eating and exercise might be starting to help it grow a little faster.

FuzzyBlackWaves
April 24th, 2015, 02:21 PM
4.5 years or thereabouts from bald to just past waist (I kept my hair at BSL for most of my teenage and young adult life, so it's a guesstimate).

Swan Maiden
April 24th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I started from a shaved head in 2008. I kept it shaved for a few months until I just let it grow. I have had a few trims from then and am brushing classic length currently.

eva888
April 24th, 2015, 03:35 PM
SL to APL in one year with two trims!

Hairkay
April 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
I'm still new to the forums. I'll have to wait and see. I've always been around BSL/MBL and before now I'd never really actively cared for hair to promote hair growth.

hairconvictions
April 24th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I started with pixie in nov 2009 and no trims since then. I'm about an inch from classic now ��

ladylowtide
April 24th, 2015, 06:35 PM
I started shorter than APL in late 2011 I think? Now I'm at 38" BCL. Just measured recently.

Natalina
April 24th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I started at Waist (around 33 inches I think) in July 2013, now at April 2015 most of my hair is about 1-2 inches away from Classic, with the longest strands of my hair already about 1 inch past Classic (around 42 inches).

Panth
April 25th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Cut to TBL about Aug 2010. Currently an inch or two past knee. I had 2x ~5" trims and a moderate amount of S&D in that time, too, plus a massive shed.

cat11
April 25th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Ive been growing since late 2012/2013, when I started at chin length. Now, I'm about 2 inches from waist!!

ClassicAim
April 25th, 2015, 08:38 AM
approximately 11 months from above APL to bra strap with a 1.5-2 inch trim :). I'm quite short so it wasn't that far between the markers

harpgal
April 25th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I kept my hair a waist for many years. When I joined here 10 years ago, I was at tailbone (the real tailbone). It has taken me all these many long years to get to lower calf. I trim 4 times a year, so lengthening is a slow process. But the journey has been lots of fun. When I reach ankle that part of the journey will be over.

Silverbrumby
April 26th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Started at 25.5 inches 3 1/2 years ago or BSL.

It's 25 1/2 inches today with 4 trims to thicken hemline. Trims did not help. It appears I have a terminal just past BSL. Longest it's gotten to is 27 1/2.

Arciela
April 26th, 2015, 09:22 PM
I did a big chop nov. 2013 to just a bit longer than shoulder and its now waist :)