PDA

View Full Version : Fragile breaky dyed ends

W2
June 12th, 2014, 02:44 AM
I finally reached waist :yay: but it seems I'm gonna stay here forever! Had my DH cut my ends the other day, and he had to take of almost an inch in stead of half an inch :(

Have a feeling, that I might have to maintain the length while trimming of old damage.

Øv

LadyCelestina
June 12th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Great ! I clicked on this thread because my ends are similar :D

Don't give up,and if you really want to grow and not maintain,it can be done.They will feel icky and split and what not,but with monthly microtrimming,the hair will most likely still grow longer.
Waist and near waist seemed like forever! But I'm slowly going towards hip,and yes with those same over-dyed ends.Anyway whatever you do,good luck !:flower:

Ingrid
June 12th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Congratulations on growing to waist! I've also got the same problem with my ends (and most of the lengths, unfortunately)... I really didn't realise how damaging dye can be :( Microtrimming is the way for me too.

CremeTron
June 12th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Dye seems so innocuous doesn't it? Your hair even looks more healthy at first! I have the same on my ends. I very nearly dyed my hair again the other day as I prefer the brown to black but a quick look at my ends and yah.. no.

blue_eyes
June 12th, 2014, 10:52 AM
My ends used to be horribly breaky thanks to years of dye; I stopped dyeing almost a year ago and have been babying my hair ever since. The breaking has decreased substantially, but the ends are still really dry and damaged. Ideally I'd like to reach my goal (waist) and then micro-trim off the damage over time.

I totally agree with CremeTron, anytime I get the urge to dye, one look at my ends changes my mind.

Agnes Hannah
June 12th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Hi I have dyed ends too, from semipermanents, but I used to pull the colour through so the ends have damage. I'm currently midback, and baby my ends. Every night I put serum on the ends or coconut oil if I'm washing the next day. When I wash it, I don't rub the ends but let the shampoo run down. I also condition twice with extra for the ends. Good luck with your ends, you are not alone!

Bitstuff
June 13th, 2014, 03:28 AM
I have crappy ends as well from colouring and heat styling years ago. I could cut my hair from past TB to waist and get rid of most of the taper and damage but I really don't want to lose that much length. Last time I trimmed off a couple of inches was over a year ago and I S&D every now and again to get rid of white dots and splits to make the ends appear better. I find that henna (Henna Hut's brown dye, which starts dark fades to my natural colour) has made my hair stronger and I use cones to give the ends more slip to protect a bit from mechanical damage. I realise you couldn't use henna if you wanted to keep your natural shade but maybe cassia would help, in addition anything else you may try?

jacqueline101
June 13th, 2014, 06:07 AM
My ends aren't dyed but they are fragile and break easily. I had to maintain at bsl for a while.