PDA

View Full Version : FB page with stolen LHC photos

Kherome
June 11th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I came across a page today https://www.facebook.com/longsexyhair

I saw more than one LHC photo there. I am sorry I cannot remember your name, but you live in a warm environment and you have blonde ankle length hair with bangs and you do lots of complicated updos and seems to favor claw clips that look like butterflies? Your photo is on there and it shows your face too.

You all may want to check and report any of your stolen photos there.

hafattack
June 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
arc691 I think? or with a different number - I have also seen her pictures stolen on pinterest.

Dreams_in_Pink
June 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Heaven knows how many pictures were stolen for this page :(

Pallas
June 11th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Oh no :( I don't remember her name either (sorry!) but I do remember the thread about what I think was the gorgeous micronesian spiral braid. I also think she has her own site/blog, so it could be that the pictures were taken from that.

Sadly, Facebook seems to be pretty bad about respecting/crediting original art and photo's in general :(

eadwine
June 11th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Remember that many pages are public. If you post your picture on those pages and google comes by, google archives them already so they show up in an image search.

We need to learn that as soon as we post something online IN PUBLIC it basically becomes public domain. Not by law, mind you, but you have to be logical and realistic about it. If you can see it it can be stolen.

Do NOT post anything on an open to all part of any forum that you do not wish to see elsewhere.

There is nothing really that you can do against all this. We all know it should not be done, but enforcing all the rules everywhere where we see something that should not be there (like this facebook thing) is a mighty hard nut to chew.

jeanniet
June 11th, 2014, 01:13 PM
What's really a problem is that page is called "Long Hair Community." Mods need to know, especially if that's a you-know-what page. I'll report my post so they know.

Wosie
June 11th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I was wondering about something--if one only post pictures from one's photo album here at LHC (that only should be shown for members with 25+ posts [I believe it was 25])... Can people outside of the forum still somehow gain access to one's pictures?

eadwine
June 11th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Easy enough to test this one. Grab a direct link to one of your pictures you uploaded to your album.. log out.. load the link. When you are logged out you should not see the picture.

Wosie
June 11th, 2014, 01:22 PM
So it ought to be perfectly safe to post pictures from one's LHC album (unless some of the people who spread LHC pictures are members here with 25+ posts)? :hmm:

eadwine
June 11th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Nope it ought to not be perfectly safe ;)

ANYTHING can be stolen. So don't expect it is safe. If you do not want it seen by others, do not post it online, anywhere.

One oops in a secure server and all is public. I will never forget that one time that happened on facebook. It lasted only 10 minutes or so, but EVERYTHING was set to public. EVERYTHING, even the things shared with no-one. Not nice. But google should just happen to peep by in that time frame.

Wosie
June 11th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks, eadwine, and of course you are right. "Perfectly" was a silly word to use in the first place! :p
That's why I never upload pictures of my face anywhere... I really don't like the idea of my face being spread on the internet (then again, why would anybody do that? ...but still, the thought worries me)!

That facebook breach sounds awful. Luckily I never use facebook, otherwise I would've been horrified that day. I'm such a shy, private person. :S

lapushka
June 11th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Yes, of course you should happen to have the chance to stumble upon a member with 25+ posts who can't be trusted and who is here just to steal pictures - it could happen. Like eadwine already stated, if you don't want it stolen, don't post it. I keep my album here set to private, and have friends that I would hope I could trust, but still I don't post odd stuff to those private albums, just progress pictures.

Pictures of course should *never* be stolen, it's a crime, but it's hard to do something about this, knowing this, it's better to be safe rather than sorry. That's all I'm sayin'.

Weewah
June 11th, 2014, 02:02 PM
It sucks but that's how sharing pictures on the Internet is. Once you put it out there, it can be shared/multiplied/spread. If you tend to take especially awesome pictures, expect to see them floating around. That's why a lot of people who take and share quality photos will watermark their image with their LHC username or whatever other marking information.

I've had my glamour pictures pop up on these kinds of Facebook picture pages before. Honestly I don't mind it, it makes me feel famous for a little bit, lol. At least they're not taking an unflattering photo and making fun of it, that would feel horrible. Actually that reminds me of one time I was in a picture on thedirty.com, at least the subject in question wasn't me though. :coolblue:

But yeah, they're sharing awesome hair photos that they admire, I think it's harmless. They might be making money off these Facebook pages somehow, I see it as they're making money for time spent curating a collection of pics and creating a page that people like. It's fruitless to stress about it is what I'm saying.

cat11
June 11th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Wow. peoples pictures really shouldnt be taken off of a forum like this. Some of the pictures looked like models or people who wanted to be photographed in a sexual way. But others were clearly length pics and peoples personal photos. Anything can be taken on the internet and I dont think the people who take them even think of it as "stealing"... just making a collection of photos from the internet.

Im not gonna lie I enjoyed looking through the pictures because there were some awesome heads of hair and people that had my hair type but really long that were cool to see. But I don't think everyone was looking at it like that ... like this one creepy guy said "I AM Ready to place my Order. Her." on a picture of a girl at mcdonalds or something. Bleh. I would NOT want my picture taken and ogled at.

Fericera
June 11th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Wow. peoples pictures really shouldnt be taken off of a forum like this. Some of the pictures looked like models or people who wanted to be photographed in a sexual way. But others were clearly length pics and peoples personal photos. Anything can be taken on the internet and I dont think the people who take them even think of it as "stealing"... just making a collection of photos from the internet.

Im not gonna lie I enjoyed looking through the pictures because there were some awesome heads of hair and people that had my hair type but really long that were cool to see. But I don't think everyone was looking at it like that ... like this one creepy guy said "I AM Ready to place my Order. Her." on a picture of a girl at mcdonalds or something. Bleh. I would NOT want my picture taken and ogled at.

I saw that too. I get that long hair is attractive, but those kind of comments make me uncomfortable. I guess I'll just be really careful to only show the back of my head on here, and have bad lighting or something. Hopefully that will make them less likely to be stolen, and if they are it won't be anything personal.

HairFaerie
June 11th, 2014, 04:14 PM
People might still steal it, but one way to deter them is to put a rather large "watermark" with your name (can be your alias) with the copyright symbol beside it really big one the pic somewhere where it can't be cropped out. Like I said, not 100% foolproof, but at least people will know it is stolen and who it rightfully belongs to.
My hair is far from long but I have gotten in the habit of placing the date and my alias on my pics. As it gets longer, I will place that on the top part of my hair so it definitely can't be cropped out.
Just an idea....

spidermom
June 11th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Well boo hoo hoo, none of my extra long hair pictures were there; not steal-worthy, I guess.

cheetahfast
June 11th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Well boo hoo hoo, none of my extra long hair pictures were there; not steal-worthy, I guess.

:rollin: :lol:

I love you! :flowers:

Pallas
June 11th, 2014, 04:41 PM

:lol:

Were I the hair pic stealing kind, I'd steal yours in a heartbeat :eyebrows: ;)

Scarlet_Heart
June 11th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I little while back I was googling woods and hair sticks/forks. Pictures of me popped up. And when I search pinterest I see pictures from members here. I doubt they were all uploaded by the people who posted them here.

It doesn't really bother me though. I know when I post pictures on a public forum/internet site, there's a chance of that happening. That's why I never post pictures of my face.

MINAKO
June 11th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Threads like these amuse me everytime i come across them, it's sor of YES but NO. Anybody who feels comfortable uploading their images to show them here, whats the difference in having people seeing them somwhere else, the froum is anything but a well kept secret or a private place to begin with.

EdG
June 11th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I usually advise against posting photos on the Internet. The Internet makes it really, really easy to copy things. It's literally the world's greatest copying machine.

One should always assume that anything posted on the Internet will get copied.
Ed

Lyv
June 12th, 2014, 03:29 AM
I guess I've never really been all that bothered about other people possibly stealing my pictures. If you are uncomfortable with the possibility it may be best to avoid sharing them at all. Especially sharing them outside of your album, all you have to do is google image search long hair and you'll find a lot of LHC photos. I also noticed that when I first started using henna I googled pictures of different types and a lot of images linked back to LHC. I would assume that is wear pinteresters find them since you can pin any google image.

*ETA* I recognized a couple of pictures and I'm not sure of their names but I did see that they have one of Yoni.

embee
June 12th, 2014, 05:23 AM

Awww.... I don't want a picture of your hair, I want to *have hair like yours*! :) Serious Hair Envy.

HeavenlyTresses
June 12th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Always assume that once it's posted somewhere it's available for the whole world to see, no matter the watermarks or how safe the site is. I am not bothered too much by finding my pictures that I took on random websites but it gets weird when I find pictures that someone else has taken of me and posted. I take and post pictures of my hair with the intent of others seeing it and as others have said I am a little flattered that they want to share. I've seen my pics that other people have taken, some that have asked and some that haven't, on twitter, instragram, yahoo and someone is even using one of me for the avatar of a Flickr group.

Quasiquixotic
June 12th, 2014, 11:03 AM
OT: heavenlytresses, I love your siggy quote. That really spoke to me!

cathair
June 12th, 2014, 11:13 AM

If long hair dangling in a sewer pipe is sexy, I think you are better off!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/1175391_553448544721452_254464188_n.jpg

Wosie
June 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
cathair, :laugh: That's just... wow! How would you even come up with such an idea? :p

cathair
June 12th, 2014, 01:21 PM
cathair, :laugh: That's just... wow! How would you even come up with such an idea? :p

Beats me! Best I can come up with is some people must have really 'dirty minds', but not in the usual sense!

Sagi1982
June 12th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Eeeew. :disgust:

HeavenlyTresses
June 13th, 2014, 09:55 AM
OT: heavenlytresses, I love your siggy quote. That really spoke to me!

Aw, thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

Robot Ninja
June 13th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Threads like these amuse me everytime i come across them, it's sor of YES but NO. Anybody who feels comfortable uploading their images to show them here, whats the difference in having people seeing them somwhere else, the froum is anything but a well kept secret or a private place to begin with. Because when you post to the forum you know where they are, you can delete them if you want to, and you know they're mostly being viewed for PG-rated purposes. Just because you can repost someone's photos, and just because a lot of people do it, doesn't mean it's okay to do it. Photographs are copyrighted material. Yes, when you post something on the internet you take the risk that it will be reposted elsewhere, but the people doing the reposting are still in the wrong.

browneyedsusan
June 13th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Awww.... I don't want a picture of your hair, I want to *have hair like yours*! :) Serious Hair Envy.

Me too!
I'll take Spidermom's WL hair, too. Just saying... :)

Chromis
June 13th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Because when you post to the forum you know where they are, you can delete them if you want to, and you know they're mostly being viewed for PG-rated purposes. Just because you can repost someone's photos, and just because a lot of people do it, doesn't mean it's okay to do it. Photographs are copyrighted material. Yes, when you post something on the internet you take the risk that it will be reposted elsewhere, but the people doing the reposting are still in the wrong.

Yes, this!

As you can tell, I am mostly offended by people who are using my pictures without permission to advertise their brand of morality. I'm not really a big fan of people "pinning" photos and such either though, especially if they do not credit the original picture.

shutterpillar
June 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
What bothers me is that some of them look like creepy creeper photos where someone took a picture of the person out in public without their knowledge. I realize that the public is public and if you happen to be walking into someone's photography, or you are knowingly getting your photo taken then it's one thing, but it bothers me when people sneak around taking photos of other people and share it on social media without consent. the People Of Walmart site is a great example of this. It's an entertaining site, I'll admit, but there's something that doesn't settle well about taking sneaky photos.

Robot Ninja
June 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
That too. It's even creepier when they're being posted next to photos of sexy glamor models. It's pretty obvious who the target audience for the page is.

meteor
June 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Ugh, I find this upsetting! :(
Fear of that kind of stuff happening is definitely keeping me from posting photos online, and I think ladies and gents who post photos are pretty courageous.
I think the more information will get used without permission/credit by some creeps, the less likely people will be to share.

Hopeful65
September 22nd, 2014, 07:54 PM
I came across a page today https://www.facebook.com/longsexyhair

I saw more than one LHC photo there. I am sorry I cannot remember your name, but you live in a warm environment and you have blonde ankle length hair with bangs and you do lots of complicated updos and seems to favor claw clips that look like butterflies? Your photo is on there and it shows your face too.

You all may want to check and report any of your stolen photos there.

I check this Facebook page frequently, and I think WaitingSoLong's picture was recently added to this site. There might be other LHC members, but her's is one I recognized. I would hate for any of my pictures to be used without consent. I just wanted to revive this thread after seeing a LCH member's picture so other's could be aware and check too.

Entangled
September 23rd, 2014, 10:08 AM
This freaked me out. I just deleted my private art album. More alarming, though, were the candid photos. Yikes...

cathair
September 23rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
I check this Facebook page frequently, and I think WaitingSoLong's picture was recently added to this site. There might be other LHC members, but her's is one I recognized. I would hate for any of my pictures to be used without consent. I just wanted to revive this thread after seeing a LCH member's picture so other's could be aware and check too.

Tried to report that as stolen. Couldn't. All I could do was say I didn't like it :/

StellaKatherine
September 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Luckily my hair isn't interesting or long enough for such a pages, but... I will be thinking more before posting the lenght photos when my hair goes longer...

browneyedsusan
September 24th, 2014, 05:50 AM

I contacted WaitingSoLong, and she asked them to take it down. They did. :)

I appreciate the updates on this thread. I'd hate my pics snatched and used with out asking!

Dreams_in_Pink
September 24th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I'd probably have mixed feelings if my photo was put there without my permission. On one side, i'd be furious. On the other side, i'd be glad to have amazing hair like those pics featured there.

Thankfully (or not?) my hair's nowhere as gorgeous as in those photos...

StellaKatherine
September 24th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Yeah in a way it is a compliment to be posted there... :)

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 09:14 AM
People might still steal it, but one way to deter them is to put a rather large "watermark" with your name (can be your alias) with the copyright symbol beside it really big one the pic somewhere where it can't be cropped out. Like I said, not 100% foolproof, but at least people will know it is stolen and who it rightfully belongs to.
My hair is far from long but I have gotten in the habit of placing the date and my alias on my pics. As it gets longer, I will place that on the top part of my hair so it definitely can't be cropped out.
Just an idea....

How do you do a watermark?

truepeacenik
September 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
There's a compilation shot of a curly. 2011 with Golden Gate Bridge in the background, hair slightly above knee. 2012 and 2013 hair at and below knee. Woman is wearing jeans.
When you click, the FBer is looking for site admins.

Anje
September 24th, 2014, 10:39 AM
How do you do a watermark?
You'll want to use a photo editing program (I like GIMP, which is free) to add a layer on your photo and write something on that layer. Center it over an important part of the photo (like the hair -- something that won't get cropped out), then reduce the layer's opacity so that it isn't terribly obtrusive. Then save your resulting image.

hypersensitive
September 24th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I saw Emi's length photo. It has a side view which included her face. I'll go through all 1,000+ pics and report the ones I recognize from LHC. I just got a fb message from the page owner asking me which photos to take down.

hypersensitive
September 24th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Tried to report that as stolen. Couldn't. All I could do was say I didn't like it :/

Click: I don't think it should be on Facebook > Something else > I think it's an unauthorized use of my intellectual property > Message Long Hair > Send

Knifegill
September 24th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I expect anything I post online to pop up anywhere and everywhere. I've seen my photos used as scam bait even!

hypersensitive
September 25th, 2014, 12:03 AM
I didn't really recognize anyone else. They already took down the one I reported and I didn't see arc's anymore. Most of these long hair pictures are popular ones floating around the web and Pinterest but some are people's prom photos, personal selfies and mixed in are photoshoot status shots, plus softcore porny ones. I really dislike this FB page.

veryhairyfairy
September 25th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Creepy! Especially the overly sexual ones... (thank goodness my hair isn't nice or long enough to be coveted! And it doesn't hurt that all of my hair pictures look bad and unprofessional)
I think I saw a compilation pic of gossamer from back and side (definitely a member here cause I recognize her face).

LadyLongLocks
September 25th, 2014, 08:25 AM
What bothers me is that some of them look like creepy creeper photos where someone took a picture of the person out in public without their knowledge. I realize that the public is public and if you happen to be walking into someone's photography, or you are knowingly getting your photo taken then it's one thing, but it bothers me when people sneak around taking photos of other people and share it on social media without consent. the People Of Walmart site is a great example of this. It's an entertaining site, I'll admit, but there's something that doesn't settle well about taking sneaky photos.
I totally agree! I am afraid to wear my hair down in public for many years and have kept it hidden. If I want to share a photo, it will be one I took, not some creepy person!
I have reported many photos on FB, but unless you are the owner they do nothing. At least a watermark shows who the subject is and its easier to claim it. I find it easier to simply contact the group owner and ask they remove the photo.

SkyChild
September 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM
What's really a problem is that page is called "Long Hair Community." Mods need to know, especially if that's a you-know-what page. I'll report my post so they know.

I've just joined that page thinking it was you guys.
What is it really? eek
I better come out if it's something dreadful

SkyChild
September 25th, 2014, 08:42 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/389020237837853/726719260734614/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Is this it?
I'm utterly terrified now.
What's a "you-know-what" page?

GetMeToWaist
September 25th, 2014, 10:04 AM
yep I recognised Gossamer. I am pretty sure JJJ was on there too. It's so creepy, i can't stand that they stole pictures from here.

Hopeful65
September 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/389020237837853/726719260734614/?ref=notif¬if_t=group_comment_reply

Is this it?
I'm utterly terrified now.
What's a "you-know-what" page?

This is the page people are upset about:
https://www.facebook.com/longsexyhair

eadwine
September 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Watermarking isn't preventing them from posting the image. Just saw a watermarked roll by there.

FireFromWithin
September 25th, 2014, 11:11 AM
What I don't understand is why they keep stealing photos when they've already had to take a load down! It seems like such an odd page, most of the posts seem to be asking for likes for pictures suggesting that the most liked pictures are the most attractive or asking which of two girls people prefer. I just can't see why they'd do it. And it has a lot of likes on it too.

veryhairyfairy
September 25th, 2014, 04:36 PM
You know I think I recognized rowie, too! I feel like this page is for fet*shists which is just gross and uncomfortable... because unless they are getting our member's pics from some other sites, they're looking at the forum! shudder: