PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with itchy scalp after bleaching hair!

StellaKatherine
June 11th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Hi all.

My younger sister needs some help and I thought I would write here and ask if maybe someone has an idea what to do. She has been colouring her hair from her natural dark blond to black, to red, to blond and back to black several times the past couple of years ( a true teenager so to say ). She just went from black to blond again and was forced to cut her hair short because ends literally fried the last time. I used a coconut oil on her hair and it really did magic to her hair even after the first oiled night. I kept on adding coconut oil and the hair was turning instantly dry, so i was adding and adding untill it finally started to feel oily. The hair got some nice softer feeling now. Her hair is still amazingly thick and she finally made a decision to grow her own natural hair back! Yeeeeeee!!! At least some good news here :)

But here is the new problem. She has a sensitive skin on her head. I think we noticed first times, that her scalp is sensitive when she first times coloured her hair and she felt her scalp itchy, but it wasn't then as bad as it is now. The last bleaching burned her scalp as well and now she has majour issues. Her scalp has lots of little red spots and she is forced to wash her hair every second day because her scalp starts to feel super itchy. So she scraches them and so she has some eschars on her scalp as well especially near her hair line.

The question is. Anyone can think of a way to help her scalp get better, to heal? Stop itching? She is my little sister, i want to help her so badly!!! I am so super happy she decided to grow her virgin hair, but right now we have no idea what to do....
:pray:

huckleberry
June 11th, 2014, 05:44 AM
I had the same thing happen to me about 3 months ago with bleach at the hairdresser. I was left with a sore, itchy scalp that lasted about a month plus afterwards. What I did that helped was, went to the doctor who gave me a cream to put on the burns. I used coconut oil treatment twice a week, changed my shampoo to a natural one that didn't have all the chemicals in it. I also stopped using my hairdryer and straightner :-(

I'm pretty new to LHC, but I hope this helps. I know exactly how she feels, its not nice. And try not to scratch, which is hard I know!!

lapushka
June 11th, 2014, 07:07 AM
If her scalp has been burnt, she needs a doctor and a lotion or cream to heal it properly!

ErinLeigh
June 11th, 2014, 10:27 AM
She may need something from a doctor asap. You can use emu, neem oil (or many other oils) honey or aloe to sooth dry itchy scalp but this description sounds beyond that and seems a dr is needed.
I would hesitate to put anything on a burn without checking with dr first just to prevent any interactions or further irritate the area. A scalp burn can cause the hair not to grow back normally in places if not treated, so if at all possible have it looked at.

spidermom
June 11th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I agree - if she's got chemical burn, she needs to see a doctor.

My scalp was irritated recently because of lice treatment. I did a thorough coconut oiling to my scalp and left it overnight, then washed out with a mild shampoo. The first wash didn't take all the oil out, but I didn't want to irritate my scalp by over-washing, so I wore it braided until my next wash day. The oil came out the second time, and my scalp has been back to normal ever since.

StellaKatherine
June 11th, 2014, 11:05 AM
She had her hair bleached couple of weeks ago and can see allready her hair starting to grow, so it is definitely growing. Yeah it is probably the best for her to go and see the doctor. The weirdest thing is, that she study to be hairdresser and her teacher saw how her bleaching was done and saw the skin and didn't say anything! The red spots are not as bad as they were just after bleaching happend, there are less of them and lighter, just that itching that starts on day two after washing so she need to wash again.

ravenreed
June 11th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Is it possible that she had an allergic reaction to the dye? PPD allergies are nothing to play around with. They can be fatal. She needs to see a doctor ASAP. If she does develop a PPD allergy, I HIGHLY recommend that she get out of that field immediately.

StellaKatherine
June 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Is it possible that she had an allergic reaction to the dye? PPD allergies are nothing to play around with. They can be fatal. She needs to see a doctor ASAP. If she does develop a PPD allergy, I HIGHLY recommend that she get out of that field immediately.

That actually could be possible or that her scalp dries out too much from the hair dye. But yeah I told her to see the doctor and see what could be done for it.