PDA

View Full Version : One year update (shoulder to APL) & first living full time anniversary

Simone_Fatale
June 11th, 2014, 03:28 AM
First of all I'd like to say hello to all LHC members :)

I've been on and off but I visit frequently and I've grown to care about this community. You've given me inspiration and encouragement in these two years it took for me to grow out a pixie to APL. It's been a hard journey but with every inch of hair gained I opened up to my feminine side I kept silent for so long and when I reached shoulder length last summer I decided to come out as transgender and live full time as a woman, which some of you probably remember & I was really moved by the amazing support I got from you all.

In the past year I've pampered and nourished my hair, gave up all heat and found the perfect hair care routine for it. (alternating between CWC and CO). I'm proud to say that I've grown more confident, insecurity was replaced by confidence, and now I feel like a strong, attractive woman I was always meant to be. My hair is the symbol of that journey and I know that only people here on LHC will understand how much it means to me.
I'll be graduating from college in a month, after which I plan to finally start seeing a therapist & start hormone replacement therapy followed by SRS in the near future. I didn't want hormones and the related emotional swings and changes to affect my education, but now I feel ready for the next chapter of my life.

My next hair length goal is BSL, so I'm getting close to my final goal which is waist length.

And here are some pics, comparing last summer to this one.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/4d5f99c0ff3cbf4209a3bcf4a4880dd6/tumblr_n6zyviqQQU1tx8hb3o1_1280.jpg

Happy growing everybody! :)

KittyBird
June 11th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous, and so do you! I'm happy to hear that you're doing well. :) :blossom:

restless
June 11th, 2014, 03:44 AM
What a lovely update to read; its happy and inspiring. Your hair is very beautiful and so are you :)

Oh, and while Im at it (even though its still a little early on): congratulations to the graduation.

two_wheels
June 11th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Whoa, great progress and a lovely story. Nice to see you growing into yourself :blossom:
Good luck with the next steps!

diddiedaisy
June 11th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Congrats you have gorgeous hair. I'm having an envy moment :)

arielįgua
June 11th, 2014, 04:03 AM
So pretty! Congratulations! ^^

Drosmand7
June 11th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Congrats !! And happy growing..!!

Finnebon
June 11th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Congrats on your soon graduation, and best wishes during your journey and with your hair growth, you're awesome, and seriously gorgeous! Keep us updated :inlove:

kitcatsmeow
June 11th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Congrats on the great growth! Hair looks healthy and beautiful :)

BonnieU
June 11th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Congratulations! You look amazing :) Very inspirational story :)

Simone_Fatale
June 11th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Thank you all for your kind words :)

molljo
June 11th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Congratulations!! Everything about this makes me so, so happy for you. You and your hair are lovely.

Tota
June 11th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Wow, you and your hair are both amazing. Congrats on your progress - hair and personal wise! You're an inspirational, strong, confident and determined young lady and I'm so happy for you! :flower:

slynr
June 11th, 2014, 06:49 AM
You look absolutely stunning. Congratulations on your beautiful hair growth and outward manifestation of your inner self. Very lovely indeed. Thank you for sharing.

lapushka
June 11th, 2014, 07:03 AM
I have to say, what a(n amazing) transformation! I hope you continue to gain confidence (if there's more to gain). Happy growing, both literally and figuratively!

neko_kawaii
June 11th, 2014, 07:20 AM
So inspiring!

Quasiquixotic
June 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Awesome growth! Not just your hair :eyebrows: I think it's wonderful you are putting your life together to fit your needs. Congrats on your upcoming graduation. I'm so happy for you :joy:

stachelbeere
June 11th, 2014, 08:46 AM
wonderful progress :) you look absolutely stunning if you don't mind me saying this.

butter52
June 11th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Congratulations for your growth! And I mean theimportant growth, the personal one your hair symbolises.
And just for the record, you would be a hot feminine woman no matter how short your hair would be, hair doesnt make you more woman or more beautiful. You already are.

butter52
June 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Double post!

Pallas
June 11th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful, and it suits you so well. I'm so so happy for you :)

Also, good luck with the rest of collage, not to mention the rest of your journey :thumbsup:

KaleidoscopeEyz
June 11th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Congratulations! Both you and your hair are gorgeous! Having major hair envy right now! :)

Simone_Fatale
June 12th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Thank you for your compliments and words of encouragement, guys and gals :) I'm very flattered.

ErinLeigh
June 12th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Your photos are just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them.

Simone_Fatale
June 13th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Thank you, ErinLeigh :)

jacqueline101
June 13th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Thank you for sharing your story. Happy anniversary,

browneyedsusan
June 13th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Very good job!
Your hair is gorgeous, and so is your character. I'm glad you're taking steps to live your life to the fullest.

roseomalley
June 13th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Happy One Year Anniversary! I have told you once before how pretty I think you are. I am so happy you are continuing your journey.

Simone_Fatale
June 14th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I'm really lucky to get so much support and compliments from you, gals! Thank you. :)