View Full Version : long hair guys

floorlonghair
June 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I am a floor length haired young woman

I only date guys with knee l or longer hair

Who else does this

AmyBeth
June 10th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I like long hair on men. I persuaded DH to stop cutting his (which wasn't hard to do- he's a hippie at heart), and now it's almost APL. In my single days, I was more attracted to longer hair on men, but would never have ruled anyone out because of his hair (or lack thereof). Good thing too, because DH kept his hair short for a more professional look. Even though I like long hair on other people, hair is dead after all. You are seriously narrowing down the dating pool, but to each their own.

Scarlet_Heart
June 10th, 2014, 05:37 PM
I was going to say something similar to AmyBeth. It seems like a superficial reason for dating someone. And being so uncommon, you're really excluding a lot of men.

FWIW, I prefer the clean-cut look on men (most of the time). There are exceptions. ;)

trolleypup
June 10th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Heh! Even at TLHC that is pretty limiting! Only two active male members meet that criteria.

Mod hat on:
TLHC is not a dating site
Mod hat off.

slynr
June 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
For me personally I can't rule out people just based on hair alone. I have enough problems finding people that don't bug me:)

LauraLongLocks
June 10th, 2014, 07:07 PM
What a superficial thing to base a relationship off of. Good thing my husband didn't have such a requirement of any future wife of his, because when we dated and married, I had very short hair. He loves my hair long, but it's not the most important thing in our relationship. Good luck finding anyone that meets your rigid standards, and I hope they have a nice personality to go along with their very long hair.

Aderyn
June 10th, 2014, 08:33 PM
I hope they have a nice personality to go along with their very long hair.

This is what I was thinking, too. It's already hard enough to find a partner, regardless of their choices regarding appearance, who is worthwhile to keep at your side (i.e. whose personality meshes with yours in a satisfactory manner), and when you won't date any man - let alone anyone, man or woman - with hair shorter than knee, that drastically decreases the chance of finding a keeper.

Alaska98
June 10th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Admittedly, I don't get out much, but I've never even encountered a guy with hair that long.

evb
June 10th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I get out quite a bit and I have never met a guy in real life with hair at knee or longer. Which is fine by me because I like clean cut guys myself although I have dated guys with longer hair because lots of other things are more important than hair length. I have lived all over the US and traveled overseas and I am surprised you can find anybody to date at all given my lack of seeing such a creature in person.

but yes I do know people who will only date people with long hair or facial hair or preferably a combination of the two. I find that limiting when they are talking longer than shoulder but if that is what does it for them that is what does it for them.

tho because it is late and I am a bit snarky... would you appreciate knowing a guy would only date you because you wore a certain dress size or bra size or something? It seems like you are objectifying men by being so very specific in what you want. I would be insulted if I were a man and oh male pattern baldness set in or I needed to cut my hair to say hip and my gal dumped me for not being long haired enough just as, being a woman, I would have been crushed if my husband decided I wasn't attractive anymore when I started going gray or gained some weight

EdG
June 10th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Heh! Even at TLHC that is pretty limiting! Only two active male members meet that criteria.Maybe three. :wink:

I only date guys with knee l or longer hairYou must be rather young. In another decade or two, you may have to settle for guys who have hair. :lol:
Ed

AcornMystic
June 10th, 2014, 09:27 PM
So, you're basically saying you date their hair. The big solid mass is just attached to the flowing bits that attract you and speaks for it. I would never do this and I wouldn't be missing anything special if I never connected with anyone who held these values. I value hair as much as the next person and respect those who show reverence of hair, but to date someone because of their hair is the equivelant of dating someone because they have big boobs or big muscles. Bigger isn't always better. Just because they have long hair and therefore may share a certain preference... does not mean they are the greatest in compatibility. I hope you pull the hair from your eyes and find your lifelong love.

I found my husband and although not a fan of long hair on himself worships my growing waterfall (which I do plan on resting on knee once I have discovered whether or not I have the genes to reach floor) and is a great fan of gloriously hefty beards. He has a viking build and is of Irish descent (like me!) so that makes me squee. When he gets out of the food industry and into his career of engineering he plans on growing it long enough so I can give him a viking braid. If you date a man for his hair he will date you for yours. Your accomplishment is all that will interest him unless that is what you want as having reached your length gives raise to a superiority complex to stick with likenesses. I have seen it happen where accomplishments cause others to seperate themselves. However that is terribly judgemental of me and unfair. I will simply say that if you date a man for what he already has you don't keep an open mind to what he could have... that is all.

darklyndsea
June 10th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Hmm...that would be a great thing to say to get rid of the creeps while avoiding explaining aromantic asexuality. I might try it next time I get hit on.

restless
June 10th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Woah, thats quite a criteria you´ve got there! For real?

I dont know where you live and what the men are like over there, but during my 25+ years in this world, I have only ever encountered two men IRL that had knee length hair or longer. Two! Both of them were probably twice my age as well. In other words; dating would be difficult if I were you...

Its probably an age thing because when I was young(er ;)), I also had a list of must-have´s for my potential partner. He had to be this, he had to be that. However, I´ve realised that none of that matter. I´ve met guys who were everything I ever wanted, but at the end of the day those things didnt matter if it didnt "click" with him. You too will realise this some day, and when it actually does click (which is truly a rare thing) with a person, you wont care whether or not his hair reaches to his knees. Believe me :)

Wildcat Diva
June 10th, 2014, 11:12 PM

Who else does this

I am old with a ball and chain. What is this dating thing you speak of?

MungoMania
June 11th, 2014, 01:22 AM
I prefer men with long hair too but wouldn't limit myself to dating only men with super long hair. Outside of LHC, I've never met a man with knee length hair. And what about his work or profession? He may need to groom his hair for his employment. If you were to fall in love with a man with knee length hair, and he with you, what could he do to support a family if he's not a frontman for a heavy metal band?

Try to be a bit realistic here and don't limit yourself like this.

LadyCelestina
June 11th, 2014, 02:04 AM
I feel for you OP,I only date trolls :o But there are so few good ones out there these days,I fear they might go extinct :(

ETA:
I prefer men with long hair too but wouldn't limit myself to dating only men with super long hair. Outside of LHC, I've never met a man with knee length hair. And what about his work or profession? He may need to groom his hair for his employment. If you were to fall in love with a man with knee length hair, and he with you, what could he do to support a family if he's not a frontman for a heavy metal band?

Try to be a bit realistic here and don't limit yourself like this.
This is kind of funny :D I don't know,work maybe,but that is just a guess :D ?
You make it sound like everyone with an inch over knee length hair must be automatically unemployed.Let's make this a slacker community instead,where we all aspire towards gradual unemployment.

Ok enough now,I think I do understand what you were saying,but it just occured to me as a funny thing,when out of context :) Don't be mad at me :flower:

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
June 11th, 2014, 02:17 AM
I can't say I've ever met a guy with knee length hair... I used to have a thing for mohawks (when I was young and silly, now I really couldn't care less) and dated a few guys with them, but certainly wouldn't have ruled out a great guy because of his hairstyle. But hey, whatever floats your boat. :)

DaveDecker
June 11th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Maybe three. :wink:

That's the count that first came to my mind, too. Maybe one of the three was overlooked... or considered not to qualify? :shrug:

Who else does this

Please tell us a little bit about your experiences dating knee-length+-haired guys.

Lyv
June 11th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I can't imagine having any strict requirements on the appearance of someone I date, especially not one that is so rare. I think you'd do better to care about a mans personality and values instead, you'll miss out on some really fantastic men out there if your only focus is their appearance. Looks fade, hair falls out, and money is spent or lost.

Earelia
June 11th, 2014, 05:21 AM
I definitely prefer long hair on men but I would never feel anything less for someone because their hair is short. My boyfriend is growing his own hair pretty long and I do admit I'd be a little sad if he cut it though.

Weewah
June 11th, 2014, 05:41 AM
I only date guys who have an abnormally long anagen phase on their body hair. :cool:

Kina
June 11th, 2014, 06:31 AM
I only date guys who have an abnormally long anagen phase on their body hair. :cool:

LOL!

Also:

I feel for you OP,I only date trolls But there are so few good ones out there these days,I fear they might go extinct

Yes, but do they have knee length hair? Of course it would be hard to measure since it would be standing straight up, but then that would meet someone's "tall" requirement in the the "tall, dark & handsome" :)

Also, what would be your preferred color? I'd go for hot pink, personally :rollin:

Simone_Fatale
June 11th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I find long hair very sexy on a guy, but there have been cases where I fell really hard for a short haired one.
That being said, if I had to choose between a guy with long hair and a guy with short hair - long haired dude takes the cake.

neko_kawaii
June 11th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I feel for you OP,I only date trolls :o But there are so few good ones out there these days,I fear they might go extinct :(

ETA:
This is kind of funny :D I don't know,work maybe,but that is just a guess :D ?
You make it sound like everyone with an inch over knee length hair must be automatically unemployed.Let's make this a slacker community instead,where we all aspire towards gradual unemployment.

Ok enough now,I think I do understand what you were saying,but it just occured to me as a funny thing,when out of context :) Don't be mad at me :flower:

That made me laugh too. My profession attracts long haired guys, I guess, because the idea that short=groomed=professional never entered my mind.

I do find long hair on males rather attractive, and all the ones I've dated have had ponytails at some point in their lives, mostly before I ever met them, LOL. Of course, bald is rather attractive too. Maybe it is just males that I find rather attractive and their hair is coincidental.

Reminds me I need to pin my spouse down and shave his head, he has been complaining it is silly looking for a month now and that is about the limit of my patience for such behavior. I swear, he just likes to terrify the good ladies that work at cheap salons by walking in with six months of growth and telling them to shave it off. I got tired of the horrified look on their faces when they ask if he has ever had it that short before as they contemplate a disappointed customer, so I bought an electric razor thingy and do it myself.

Mustang Suzy
June 11th, 2014, 11:16 AM
When I joined the military I had a thing for guys with a nicely waxed high and tight - picture Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV. However, now that I've been in the civilian sector for a few years I appreciate a guy with shoulder length (or longer) hair that is nicely kept.

Hubby is letting his hair grow. It's below collar length but not quite shoulder length. He has the sweetest curls in back when his hair is wet!

trolleypup
June 11th, 2014, 06:01 PM
That's the count that first came to my mind, too. Maybe one of the three was overlooked... or considered not to qualify? :shrug:
Overlooked, sorry.

...and... :misskim: