PDA

View Full Version : Hair emergency - could you help me out?

stachelbeere
June 8th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Hey guys,

so I just came back from a festival where everyone was throwing powdered colours collectively. It looked something like this (https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10402777_329095943906025_3573054981756775795_n.jpg ) and now I look something like this (https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10441388_328024910679795_7935545818610011182_n.jpg ) - check out the girls hair (to the mods: the pictures were posted on facebook on a public event - can I link them here?). Now I actually didn't expect this festival to be thaaaaat crazy or else I would have protected my hair but I only brought my fav silk scarf and I didn't want to get it dirty...

so my freshly washed, previously overnight-oiled amazingly-feeling hair is now matte, pouffy,stiff and crunchy. The only good thing is that it stays in a bun really easily ;)
I know that the ingredients of the powder that was used is corn starch, talcum powder and colour pigments (the same stuff that is used for Holi) because the packaging of the powder said so. So it's basically a very heavy dose of dry shampoo.

What shall I do? Brush it out? CO? S&C? oil it again? Clarify and put a hair mask on because of the pigments? I actually wouldn't mind brushing it out and having it like this for the next few days but it feels crunchy - crunchy is bad and could lead to breakage, right? What should I do?

cathair
June 8th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I would probably shampoo and condition it if I wanted it out, or just leave it completely alone if I wanted to keep the colour. I don't really have any good reason for that though, it's just my feeling about what I would probably do.

That looks like loads of fun, I hope you had a fantastic time :D

Mellybee
June 8th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I went on the color run! So much fun, but that powder gets e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e! I rinsed my hair out, gave it a wash and a deep condition and did an oil treatment, it was fine in no time. :)

stachelbeere
June 8th, 2014, 01:18 PM
cathair, unfortunately the powders weren't really pigmented, one could call them... "pastel" :p so my hair looks more like it's been too keenly dry shampooed :D but it WAS so much fun!!

Mellybee - oh wow, did you go on the colour run that was organised in the town I live in, Krakow or elsewhere? That sound like fun indeed :D I think I'll do another oil treatment then tonight and CSCC tomorrow...

divinedobbie
June 8th, 2014, 01:49 PM
It's such a small world, a few of my cousins went to that festival! They showed me pictures, it looked crazy but fun too. I went to one last year but in Germany and I just took a bath and soaked my hair and then just normal SC and my hair felt fine.

stachelbeere
June 8th, 2014, 02:17 PM
haha that's so cool divinedobbie :D did they also go to the Krakow one? there have been other ones in other towns in the last couple of weeks. It was so great! :)

I'm actually feeling a bit lazy... I think I might oil my hair, sleep on it and deal with it in the morning. I might do a cheeky SMT tomorrow morning if I'll feel like it.

divinedobbie
June 9th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Yes they were at the one Krakow, the one I was at was in Leverkusen. I talked to my aunt and she said she couldn't even shampoo the stuff out of her hair but she bleaches it so maybe it's just more porous and grabbed onto it more easily. She sent me pictures of her pink hair, hope you have better luck! ;p

Mellybee
June 9th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Mellybee - oh wow, did you go on the colour run that was organised in the town I live in, Krakow or elsewhere? That sound like fun indeed :D I think I'll do another oil treatment then tonight and CSCC tomorrow...

I went to the one in Cape Town... A little far from Krakow :p but I'm sure just as fun!

stachelbeere
June 9th, 2014, 12:18 PM
oh, Cape Town... it's just on the neighbouring continent across the sea, no biggie :P hehe

divinedobbie I managed to get it out today but my hair feels a tad dry - not like yesterday morning when it felt just perfect [grumpy-cat-face]. it's pretty awesome you have relatives around here, if you ever come over to visit we could do an LHC meet hehe :D

PiXiEmandy
June 9th, 2014, 12:26 PM
:magic:Just did a color run here ! So much Fun ! If any of you ever do one here is some advice do not wash your hair before( the oil will protect you from the drying corn starch) i wore a shower cap under a head scarf and no one noticed the co washed and oiled my hair out it was fantastic and it was worry free for me .:magic: