PDA

View Full Version : Damaged hair article

huckleberry
June 8th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Hi guys,

There was an article about growing out damaged hair by Nightshade (I think that was the name) I really want to read but am unable to. I have no access to it for some reason and even the link doesn't open for me.

Can anyone help? Or has anyone read it? I really need some help/tips

Wosie
June 8th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Is it this article you're looking for? http://web.archive.org/web/20120125071723/http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79

huckleberry
June 8th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Wosie thank you so so much!! That's the one ��
The other link I had wouldn't open. Thanks again xo

ErinLeigh
June 8th, 2014, 04:02 AM
I love that article. I still open and read from time to time.

jacqueline101
June 8th, 2014, 05:56 AM
I love that article. I've read it before. I love reading the articles.

diddiedaisy
June 8th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Wow I didn't realise hairspray did that kind of damage to your hair. I think I'll have to put it in the outbox with my beak clips. :(

huckleberry
June 8th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I wish I'd discovered LHC before my hair became so damaged!! I've been horrible to my hair, daily heat styling and colouring/bleach as well as ripping a brush through it... Ugh!

That articles is awesome, hopefully I'll be a me to slowly cut away the damage.

LadyDedlock
June 8th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Thanks Wosie and Huckleberry! I had been looking for information specifically on damage caused by hairspray and this article covers it well. Great information and pictures to show damage from a range of styling techniques. :)

merrow
June 21st, 2014, 05:53 PM
Ah! huckleberry, thank you so much for pointing out this article's existence, and Wosie thank you so much for linking to this article! I feel like this are the core basics to making hair healthier, more beautiful, and easier to manage right in one little post! I'll try and abide by the information it gives to help me grow out my newly-cut hair. Thanks!!! :D

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
June 21st, 2014, 11:12 PM
Great article. It makes me wish I had a microscope so I could be super hair nerdy and see what my strands look like up close and personal.

ravenreed
June 22nd, 2014, 12:19 AM
I occasionally use hairspray without problems. I make sure not to comb or brush my hair until I can shampoo out the hairspray and it is much less damaging to my hair than aloe vera gel. The pictures in the article are from a woman who repeatedly applied hairspray without washing it out.

Wow I didn't realise hairspray did that kind of damage to your hair. I think I'll have to put it in the outbox with my beak clips. :(