PDA

View Full Version : thank you and hair type question

Radiant
June 7th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped me so much with my protein issue earlier today. Obviously I have a lot to learn when I thought I was being good to my hair by using that hair mask when it probably was the exact opposite of what my hair truly needed. After clarifying and leaving a deep conditioner on for one hour my hair feels a lot better already. Here's a photo I just took a few minutes ago of my current hair. There's some beautiful, and long, hair here and I hope to learn a lot from this community to hopefully see my full length potential.

Quick question: not that it's probably super important, but I've never been able to figure out the hair typing. This photo is of my hair air dried without any product, so it's probably a good indicator of my hair type. Would you call this 2b, 2c or what do you figure my hair type probably is?

Thanks again for everyone's input today.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m21/sendmesomeemail/redhair3b_zpsa6460bef.jpg

cat11
June 7th, 2014, 06:57 PM
you're hair is so shiny and such a wonderful shade of red! it looks like 2b to me. I consider myself 2c and your hair looks less curly than mine but not stretched out enough to be 2a, that's how I came to that conclusion. Hope that helps a little

Quasiquixotic
June 7th, 2014, 07:00 PM
It's difficult to type curly hair at length. Do you have any short face layers? If your hair will spiral when short it's 3a, strong S curves are 2c. If what you are showing is typical of your hair than I agree with 2b. :blossom:

Radiant
June 7th, 2014, 07:11 PM
It's difficult to type curly hair at length. Do you have any short face layers? If your hair will spiral when short it's 3a, strong S curves are 2c. If what you are showing is typical of your hair than I agree with 2b. :blossom:

No, my hair is all one length. Yes, this photo is what I'd call typical as far as just letting my hair air dry after washing without adding any product and letting it do it's own thing.

you're hair is so shiny and such a wonderful shade of red! it looks like 2b to me. I consider myself 2c and your hair looks less curly than mine but not stretched out enough to be 2a, that's how I came to that conclusion. Hope that helps a little

Thank you! Guess I'm a 2b then. :)

Charybdis
June 8th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Did you brush or comb your hair at all before taking that photo? And did you finger-comb conditioner through in the shower without scrunching to reform the waves afterwards? If so, you may have pulled some of the curl out.

The curly bits at the ends look like 2c to me, just IMO. :flower:

Radiant
June 8th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Did you brush or comb your hair at all before taking that photo? And did you finger-comb conditioner through in the shower without scrunching to reform the waves afterwards? If so, you may have pulled some of the curl out.

The curly bits at the ends look like 2c to me, just IMO. :flower:

I was having an issue with protein overload I believe, and so yesterday I did a clarifying wash following by leaving a deep conditioner sit on my hair for one hour. After rinsing out the conditioner I combed out my hair and allowed it to air dry without using any hair products. So no, in the photo there was no combing or brushing beyond the quick detangling I did when soaking wet.

I wonder if my ends could be more curly due to being dry/damaged? That's what lead to the protein overload problem. I'd been unhappy with what I felt were dry/brittle ends and bought a hair mask that was a reconstructor, which in actuality was probably the exact opposite of the moisture my hair needed. Or perhaps it's just because the ends have no wait pulling on them. But anyways, yes my ends are more curly while the top of my hair is closer to being straight, with the mid lengths being wavy. That's why I was never sure what my hair type was, since I sort of felt like I had 2-3 different types all at once.

lapushka
June 8th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I would say 2a/2b or even 2b.