PDA

View Full Version : Poofy hair problems

endlessly
June 7th, 2014, 10:29 AM
So, my hair is apparently having a massive temper tantrum because it has been an absolute nightmare over the course of the last few days: poofy, uncontrollable, dry, and frizzy. Seriously, what is going on?

I drenched it with almond oil yesterday and wrapped it in a towel to keep the heat in prior to washing with a diluted shampoo and while it seemed to work last night, my ends now look like a poofy mess. I'm going to try using a deep conditioner today and leaving it in for a few hours to help moisturize, but otherwise I don't know what else to do.

Part of me wants to blame the weather here: hot, muggy, and humid; but, my hair normally isn't like this and I haven't changed any other habits.

GetMeToWaist
June 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
You might need to clarify? After I clarify i usually get smoother less poofy hair.

Weewah
June 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Yep, clarifying usually solves any hair behavior problems that pop up for me.

Wildcat Diva
June 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I tweaked my routine and went from scraggly to nicer ends. Weather did play a part too, I even made a thread called show off you high humidity hair. You can see the difference between a week's time. I had better success with the WCC and LOC methods, including a homemade flaxseed gel at the end.

Also I used some Nightblooming's Panacea and that helped too. Good luck!

lapushka
June 7th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I agree with clarifying and applying some kind of deep conditioner afterwards. Or try WCC + the LOC method for styling (that adds moisture too, on top of the double conditioning).