PDA

View Full Version : Back againnnnn

cupcake0619
June 7th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I used to be active on this forum a few yrs ago.. I was gone for a whole and I chopped my waist length hair to about chin length! I got it cut around the end of October 2013, I haven't had any trims since and I wanted y'all's opinions on whether I should just let it grow for a whole or get it trimmed bc it's very uneven! What do u guys think? http://flic.kr/p/nTwF4c

lapushka
June 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM
If you wear updos - it hardly matters and you could keep it that way. For wearing it loose and out and about, I'd have it evened up.

dmilton
June 7th, 2014, 10:15 AM
It's totally up to you and what you prefer. Personally I really like a blunt straight hemline (especially on the rare times my hair is down), but if the unevenness doesn't bother you, you can always leave it be and trim it a bit later (or not at all I suppose!)

cupcake0619
June 7th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I wear it down more often than not but I'm worried about losing length.. I just now feel like I can call it shoulder length

diddiedaisy
June 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
If you wear it down most of the time, I personally would straighten it up a bit. You would still be shoulder length by the look of it. You could always do it in a few steps so it doesn't feel you're losing too much in one go.

AcornMystic
June 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I myself broke down after no trims since November and took a whole inch and a half off. I just couldn't take the velcro ends and I was going on about how much my hair meant to me when in truth I didn't care about my hair if I was willing to let it be tattered. All I cared about was its length. Not fair to the hair... Too much damage that even the henna couldn't reverse and I dyed the under hair purple after bleaching it it about a month ago anyway.... It really needed some cleaning up. *shrug* I say if it's down most of the time, trim it. I think my hair is going to get to my goal when it gets to my goal. I'm going to have healthy ends on that journey and I want my layers gone. Only way to get rid of them is to trim so... eh. Do what you feel is right though. :)

DweamGoiL
June 7th, 2014, 11:53 AM
If it were me, I would get it straightened out. Let me also say your hair is beautiful and the 2 or 3 inches you are losing will be back in a few months. I think you are well on your way to a long luscious mane :)