PDA

View Full Version : Success!

kganihanova
June 7th, 2014, 09:02 AM
So remember I was having trouble with buns? Well I think I found a way to wear them. Its not pretty but it works. As it turns out, pins don't work for me anymore (not even spin pins- they hurt after a while), elastics are a nightmare, but claw clips are fab. I don't know what it is but they balance the bun really well- and they're pretty :)

lapushka
June 7th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Don't worry about possible damage, or anything, or it looking awful, or whathaveyou. I wore claw clips exclusively 6 days out of 7, well 6,5 days out of 7 to be more precise, always a peacock twist, all the way from APL to almost TBL (then I had it cut back to waist, and grew back out from there).

endlessly
June 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Claw clips are the best! I have at least a dozen of them and they work fabulously! Plus, very minimal damage versus using pins and elastics, and I find they tend to hold better so I don't have to constantly re-do my hair throughout the day.

FallingDarkness
June 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I'm wearing my fave claw clip right now. It's huge so it can get all my hair in, but it makes me happy. I AM looking forward to the day where I can put my hair up using a hair fork, (idk if my hair is long enough yet so I have yet to purchase one) but claw clips are secure and comfortable. :D

kganihanova
June 7th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Thank you everyone!

kme81
June 7th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm past tailbone length and I still love my claw clips! They hold buns wonderfully, come in so many designs, and are relatively inexpensive---winners in my book!

I recommend looking at Arc691's blog for some claw clip inspiration: http://691superlonghair.blogspot.com/

kganihanova
June 7th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I'm past tailbone length and I still love my claw clips! They hold buns wonderfully, come in so many designs, and are relatively inexpensive---winners in my book!

I recommend looking at Arc691's blog for some claw clip inspiration: http://691superlonghair.blogspot.com/

ooh her hair is so fab!

ErinLeigh
June 8th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Pins of any kind rip my hair out no matter how gently i remove. I wear claw clips probably 80% of the time.
I am glad you found something that works!! I know buns were making you annoyed :)

Agnes Hannah
June 8th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Yep claw clips are my go-to. Every day I have some sort of claw clip in, I have quite a few now, different shapes and sizes. I have noticed that I can use the larger ones more now my hair is growing. I usually have a cinnamon bun held with a claw, very stable and secure for work and because I'm too lazy to do anything else at the minute. I used to use claws for fine hair, but now its longer, I have more scope.