PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my hair look its best for my girlfriend when she comes to visit?

Leslieslsa
June 5th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I have hair like an inch past tailbone. My girlfriend is coming to see me from Kentucky in October. (Yes I am gay, lol) She is so beautiful with her long blond hair and blue eyes, LOL. So I want to look my best for her. I know it is kind of a long way off, but I would like to make my hair look as healthy and pretty as possible! I am using olive oil in it right now and will leave it in for a few days. I am constantly S&Ding so no split ends really. But I want to make it so she can easily run her fingers through it if she'd like. Does olive oil provide protein as well, btw? I also have coconut oil and a bunch of other products including panacea. What kind of products and such work on your hair? Also, tips to help it grow as fast as it can? Sorry about all the questions, but any that you can answer would be helpful. Thank you.

bunnylake
June 5th, 2014, 08:35 PM
How exciting! I'm sure she will think you look beautiful no matter what.
My advice would be to drink lots of water and eat lots of fresh food. Believe it or not that's what makes my hair grow the fastest and look super shiny. Maybe clarify and do some deep treatments so it's fresh and clean but moisturized.

bunnylake
June 5th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Oh she's coming in October! Well you have quite some time to prepare then!
If you use silicones, I find they provide a lot of slip and shine. Good for running fingers through. ;)
I don't think that olive oil provides protein but it's still great for hair.

Fericera
June 5th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Coconut oil would be great! It works well on almost everyone from what I hear, and I'm sure your girlfriend will love it either way. That's so exciting!

HintOfMint
June 5th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Ooh, how exciting!

Olive oil does not contain any protein, to answer your question.

What makes my coarse hair feel soft is a bit of leave-in (I use a Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme, which is coney) and damp bunning overnight. Quite touchable after that!

red-again
June 17th, 2014, 03:16 PM
My daughter has coarse hair. She loves lush's r&b. It's a leave in treatment. And smells absolutely DIVINE! I use it but it weighs my hair down a bit but a tiny amount, I can get away with. Purely for the softness and sniff ability. Seeing as you have an ulterior motive in the nicest possible way, it may be worth considering!

Khristopher
June 17th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I would say a SMT left for a few hours, I have coarse hair and it looks so shinny and it's so soft after. Sometimes I add some cinnamon for extra-softness :D Until October it's enough time to experiment what makes your hair look it's best, take your time and baby it! A pretty hairstyle would be a plus for a polished look. Hope you two have a great time together! <3

truepeacenik
June 17th, 2014, 09:21 PM
When I travel I have reasons to have stunning, touchable hair.
So I deep condition the day before the flight, right after a clarifying shampoo. I'll plan this timing.

Since you are not the one traveling, just have it all rinsed out at least 8 hours before arrival.

I do still use oils on my ends, but my ends are on my thighs and resemble the land near Moab, Utah.

jacqueline101
June 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I'd say cholesterol and deep condition your hair. Then I'd suggest a shine spray or cone spay for slip and shine. I'd say a simple but nice hair style something you've perfected. Use a nice hair toy.

missfaroe
June 17th, 2014, 11:54 PM
If you use cones, you could (deep?) condition twice? I apply conditioner twice after shampooing, and leave it for 5-10 minuttes each time and it really makes my hair smooth.:o

trolleypup
June 18th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I do still use oils on my ends, but my ends are on my thighs and resemble the land near Moab, Utah.
So evocative. <3

For those of us with fairytale ends, a thorough S&D is also a preparatory activity.

AmyBeth
June 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Try daily scalp massage to help your hair grow as fast as possible. Nothing like revving up the circulation to your follicles. No need to make a second career out of it, just hang your head over the edge of the bed and massage gently until you feel the tingle, about 2-3 minutes.

Sharysa
June 18th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Almond oil helps my coarse hair feel soft and avoid drying out.

I second the need to eat right and get some exercise for at least half an hour a day.

ErinLeigh
June 19th, 2014, 02:59 AM
I would clarify and do a deep condition a few days before she comes. That usually makes a hair look best, especially next day.