PDA

View Full Version : Sudden changes in hair?!??!

LittlePrincess
June 5th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Hi all,

First of all, I'm a newbie on here, so helloo! And sorry if i's rude for my first post to be asking for help but I'm rather worried about the state of my hair just at the moment.

My hair is 1a, and pretty thin. It used to be bouncy, shiny and healthy. Over the last two weeks, I noticed the length of my hair was feeling a bit greasy/waxy and clumping together. I did a coconut oil treatment and then used clarifying shampoo (SLS free shampoo + baking soda then ACV rinse). But it was a lot worse, stayed greasy for the next 3 washes. Now, after using clarifying shampoo for the next 2 washes like my hairdresser suggested, my hair feels matted, really hard and "squeaky" when it's wet, but when it's dry it is brittle gets greasy SO quickly. Has anyone had similar to this before? Have I "unbalanced" the oils of my scalp or something and will it eventually go back to normal?

Any advice would be great I just want my old hair back!

ladylowtide
June 5th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I don't know what happened to your hair in the first place, probably a product didn't agree with it, but over oiling can leave hair looking wet and greasy indefinitely unless you remove it. Some people have luck removing oil with an SLS shampoo. I personally favor using a small amount of dish soap on the effected area as it is designed to remove grease. Be warned though dish soap is extremely drying.

anitacs9101
June 5th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Protein overload? Try an SMT!

Aderyn
June 5th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Did you make sure to moisturize your hair after you clarified? I think a deep condition might be in order.

Might want to look into trying out a nice chelating shampoo as well.

Don't know that I'd recommend baking soda as that can be very, very harsh.