PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle with oiled hair ?

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 03:49 AM
So i have a question. I have my hair all in cocos oil and intention is to keep the hair oiled for a few hours at least. I've read that some oils their hair over night. In what hairstyle is your hair for the time while your hair is oiled? How do you keep it from making all the clothes oiled?

I put my hair in a braid and around my head out of the way untill i will wash it off. So far feels very secured with two clips, one for a side. We will see how will it stay untill i can wash :) Looks like i will need to go to store in the middle of the oiling process, but I think i've seen worser looking hair than this in the local grocery store hehe

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/oiledhair.jpg

Hmmm... i need some flowers to that pot on the backgrownd... What should i get....

Ingrid
June 5th, 2014, 03:58 AM
I usually put my hair up in a cinnamon bun if it's oiled. Or a french twist/log roll - the oiling makes it look super-sleek :) I prefer quicker styles so that I don't get the oil all over my hands or clothes.

Your braid is lovely!

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Ingrid , You are too kind, thank you ! :blossom:

Hmmm i somehow didn't think about buns, that is a good idea!

lapushka
June 5th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I usually put my hair up in a cinnamon bun if it's oiled. Or a french twist/log roll - the oiling makes it look super-sleek :) I prefer quicker styles so that I don't get the oil all over my hands or clothes.

Your braid is lovely!

The braid *is* lovely!!! Seconding buns, a LWB or cinnamon bun. If only the lengths are oiled, then you can't see it very well in those buns.

clioariane
June 5th, 2014, 08:04 AM
A braid or a low chignon are good options.

ARG
June 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
That braid looks so pretty! And your hair doesn't look *too* heavily oiled.

I do twin dutch braids and bun them up in the middle.

Vinka's would look lovely in the pot =).

Anje
June 5th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I like it!

I tend to do braids when I have oiled hair -- they look sleekest then, and I have more luck braiding oily hair than twisting it into a bun. Of course, if you've managed to brush the oil up onto the scalp hair, you're pretty much stuck with looking oily until you can wash it again. (Can you tell I'm an over-oiler extraordinaire?)

Morganaa
June 5th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I do a very tight cinnabun bun on the top of my head, funny/cute looking and effective. Plus, very comfortable to sleep with ;)

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I was suprised how my hair managed to "drink" the oil, so it didn't look as oily in the end as i was expecting it to be. And i kinda liked how smooth the braid became, but unfortunantly seems like my husband doesn't like the smell of coconut . Isn't that crazy ??? But then again if i only do what he thinks smells good i would do NOTHING expect chocolate treat my skin/hair hehe.

ARG , Vinka sound's good, i shall see if i can find that flower as a sprout :)

SkyChild
June 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I like the style you have, it's pretty. Or a low bun or chignon.

For your pot try something trailing, like a vine of some kind. Or strawberries ^^

Morganaa
June 5th, 2014, 09:34 AM
And i kinda liked how smooth the braid became, but unfortunantly seems like my husband doesn't like the smell of coconut . Isn't that crazy ??? But then again if i only do what he thinks smells good i would do NOTHING

OMG My husband is the same he hates coconut oil scent, and nearly everything I put on my face/hair. He's SO unhappy with my homemade products but I do not care I love love coconut and I'm not poisoning my body :p

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 10:27 AM
OMG My husband is the same he hates coconut oil scent, and nearly everything I put on my face/hair. He's SO unhappy with my homemade products but I do not care I love love coconut and I'm not poisoning my body :p

Does your's shakes his head when ever sees you with millions of bottles. Mine was looking at me like i went compleately nuts when i came from grocery store with egs, honey, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and a castoir oli, mix them all together and put it in my head :D He was like " Hmmm.. you do know your hair looks greesy and smells awfull". Hahaha, and I enjoyed :D

Unfortunantly i can't put a bun on top of my head as my hair starts to hurt after some while :( I get lots of compliments when i have a bun so high that can be seen in the front, but then after takin it down all my hair which was pulled up would hurt madly!

spidermom
June 5th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I oil mine overnight by making a top of head braid and directing it over the top of my pillow for sleep. A bit of oil probably rubs off on the top of the pillowcase, but it's not noticeable (to me).

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Oh my god! OH MY GOD!!!! I've been using olive oil for some time and thought it was good, this is first time i actually used only cocos oil on my hair. AND OH MY GOD!!! My hair feels like a PURE SILK!!! it felt so good that i didn't first even want to shampoo it at all :) In the end i decided to wash just with a such an amount that my scalp would be washed. I think I will next time not use shampoo at all and see what happends. But oh wow, i am so converted to cocos oil! I was wondering why everyone so praised it... But my hair never felt as smooth in shower! It is still wet, kinda curious to see how it will look dried :D

spidermom
June 5th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Indeed! Coconut oil makes my hair feel so strong and smooth. I really love it. I generally dilute-shampoo wash followed by conditioner soak to length while I do a body scrub-down, then I massage the conditioner through while I rinse it out. I can always tell there is a bit of coconut oil left, but it reveals itself as silkiness rather than greasiness most of the time.

two_wheels
June 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Yeah coconut oil is amazing! Glad you love it too.

I do a crown braid before oiling, then smoosh the coconut oil into the braided bits only. That way I can keep it off my scalp (makes me shed slightly more otherwise). When it gets longer, I will probably English braid it, smoosh the oil in and then pin the braid to my head like you... when it's that long... :crush: one day... :crush:

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Yeah coconut oil is amazing! Glad you love it too.

I do a crown braid before oiling, then smoosh the coconut oil into the braided bits only. That way I can keep it off my scalp (makes me shed slightly more otherwise). When it gets longer, I will probably English braid it, smoosh the oil in and then pin the braid to my head like you... when it's that long... :crush: one day... :crush:

I still have few inches to go untill the braid would go around the head and touch the begining on my braid , the full circle. Right now ends do touch the begining but only slightly and not compleately braided. My granny told me once how she was young and how her braid was so long, that she could make a full circle around her head with the braid. That is my dream.... i am so close, that almost have tears in my eyes :)

Anyway I did put some extra coconut oil on the braid and the ends in the middle of oiling process. Had my hair oiled for about 10 hours in total.

jacqueline101
June 5th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I oil mine and wear a bun with a snood to cover the oiliness. To keep oil off of my clothes I use a mister and mist it on. I found it less messy for me.

Morganaa
June 6th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Does your's shakes his head when ever sees you with millions of bottles. Mine was looking at me like i went compleately nuts when i came from grocery store with egs, honey, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and a castoir oli, mix them all together and put it in my head :D He was like " Hmmm.. you do know your hair looks greesy and smells awfull". Hahaha, and I enjoyed :D

Yes!! Sometimes he opens the fridge and I told him not to eat this or that and he's like "what are they here for then??" For my face/hair duh XD He's really not big on the HM trend, thinks I'm gonna poison myself with whale grease... yeah, that's not quite what HM is all about :shrug:

meteor
June 9th, 2014, 02:39 PM
StellaKatherine, the Coronet braid style you had is perfect for oiled hair! Other styles that work very well are milkmaid braids, Frida Kahlo braids, braided nautilus, Amish braided bun, Ellingwoman braided bun.
Personally, I like doing a braided cinnabun for hiding oiled hair. I think anything braided works better, because of the sleekness that oils impart. Parandas/ribbons/scarves/hair-taping help cover up the greasies a bit and create a nice contrast with shiny hair.

HaMalka
June 9th, 2014, 02:51 PM
When I oil my hair I usually braid my hair and either pin it around my head or do hair taping. I find that this lets some of the oil get to the hair closer to my head without getting it too oily. The hair taping lets me keep it up over night and the oils help keep it looking neat without my flyaways.

Dessi
June 9th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I put it in a bun with a hairstick. (That's only if I'm going out) If I'm staying home I just use a shower cap.
It was oiled here and my mother said that it looks like it's wet. :D
http://prikachi.com/images/1/7387001Z.png

eadwine
June 10th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I bun.. it is easiest for me :)