PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Australia

Flourishing
June 4th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Hi, I'm excited to become a member!

I had MBL hair as a child, but it's been mostly shoulder length and shorter for most of my life. It's been a cause for a lot of grief, and much hated because of being greasy, thin, and drab. Now I feel inspired though, and I'm determined to care about and for it. In part this is for my small daughter, I hate the thought of influencing her towards feeling similar distaste for her innate characteristics.
At the moment my hair is fairly raggedy and short (it doesn't reach my chin, and my hairdresser went a bit OTT with the thinning scissors.) So lots of growing to do and it's going to get messy. My plan is to let it get to shoulder length and let it stay there while I trim out colour damage. I'm also wanting to grow out my fringe, although I could change my mind about this, because I usually use a fringe to hide behind and don't like my hair pulled off my face. I am trying WO, two weeks so far, but think I will shampoo it in the morning. I do think that managing greasiness will be key to whether I'm able to keep it longer, in the past I washed it daily and don't think that would work if it was longer.

I look forward to hanging around on the forum and learning lots. There seems to be so much knowledge here!

julee
June 4th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Welcome Flourishing! Wishing you all the best in your journey to longer hair :)