PDA

View Full Version : Thickness Upgrade!

fraulein_doktor
June 3rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
My hair is baby fine. That fact, combined with a decade of awkward short-layered cuts, bleaching, and excessive washing, brought forth such a disappointing picture that when I signed up here I didn't even bother to break out the measuring tape and listed my thickness level as "thin" (for lack of a "depressing" option, because many of you ladies who are listed as thin have wonderful hair that looks nothing like mine did, and it really didn't seem fair to share a category).

Well, it's been almost six months, I've grown my hair a fair bit, the layers are no longer so awkward, the bleaching has stopped (still working on the washing frequency), I've started working out and eating more/better (I had appetite issues before) and, lo and behold, today the base of my ponytail measured in at a fairly impressive (for me, lol) 4 inches!

I am really happy. :)

florenonite
June 3rd, 2014, 11:39 AM
4 inches? That makes your hair thick by LHC standards.

fraulein_doktor
June 3rd, 2014, 11:51 AM
4 inches? That makes your hair thick by LHC standards.

Right there on the cusp, yes! :)

54chevy
June 3rd, 2014, 12:11 PM
congrats! How often do you wash your hair?

fraulein_doktor
June 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
I'm trying to stretch from daily to at least every other day, but the summer heat and my running schedule are making it hard.

Loviatar
June 3rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
That's a great feeling, congrats! :D

fraulein_doktor
June 3rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
Thank you!

Stray_mind
June 3rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Wow, i'm quite envious. My hair hasn't changed an inch in circumference. :( But of course i am also happy for you! Congratulations :blossom:

fraulein_doktor
June 3rd, 2014, 03:51 PM
Thank you very much! Your hair looks lovely. :)

Miss_Green
June 4th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Awesome, that's quite an improvement!

MariamPhilauri
June 4th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Congrats!! :blossom: I'm trying to increase mine too, regrow after a terrible shedding.