PDA

View Full Version : Can I call it Classic?

endlessly
June 3rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
Starting with a little backstory, I have wavy, semi-voluminous (on good days) hair, so when it's dry, it always tends to rise about 6+ inches higher than when it's damp. I heavily oiled my hair the other day and it ended up sitting just about an inch longer than what's considered Classic length for me, so is it safe to say I've officially reached classic? Or, can I not "count it" as that length until it's dry?

The funny thing is that the longer my hair gets, the more volume I seem to be getting with it especially since I stopped using any extra silicone products so I have a feeling it's going to keep getting longer and longer, but looking shorter!

I've been waiting for this milestone for a while now, so I would really love to be able to claim it!

Marbid
June 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM
You can call it classic in which ever state you want... Some people like to state their length when stretched because they feel that that is the true length of their hair... Others only call length in a dry state because they feel like what matters is the length that your hair appears to be. In the end.. Its really all up to personal preference.

MINAKO
June 3rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
Yes, i would say so. My hair (deep waves, tons of volume) too springs up to around hip when dry, when i'm actually lower tailbone when wet. OMG, i would have to wait for classic forever otherwise, haha.

KittyBird
June 3rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Of course you can! It's all up to you if you want to call it when it's stretched or wavy/curly. I usually call a new milestone when it's stretched, because it feels like it takes ages before it looks that length wavy. In my siggy pic I brushed my hair out and stretched it with my fingers to get it to actually look tailbone length. It's already past mid-butt when wet, but it can look like anything between hip and bcl when dry, depending on how wavy it is. :lol:

ravenheather
June 3rd, 2014, 11:14 AM
I would call it. Measuring wavy is too variable.

Anje
June 3rd, 2014, 08:03 PM
I think so. There eventually comes a point in curliness where hair length has to be reckoned when stretched, because it is just too variable or shrinks too much to judge growth any other way. Exactly where that point is, is probably best decided by each person for themselves.

PixxieStix
June 3rd, 2014, 09:07 PM
You can certainly claim your length! Curly or very wavy hair can fluctuate a lot on appearance, and I say where it is when stretched is the actual length !

ashke50
June 4th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Congratulations! I know how frustrating it is waiting to reach classic, very glad you've made it. If it reaches when stretched you can call it - but more importantly, you should post a picture of it so we can admire :D

Nymphea
June 4th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Of course! My hair is somewhere at TBL when wet and at hip when dry, but I still like to think of it as of TBL. :p