PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser appointment soon and toying with bangs...

HintOfMint
June 3rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
UPDATE: Went for a short full fringe, linked to pictures in post 27! Thank you all for your input and sweet comments!b

I'm due for a haircut on Thursday and... well it can't come soon enough because I'm terribly bored with my hair. I'm happy with the layers and I'm growing out the length, so bangs are really my only option for changing up my look. I've said before that I love my bangs and it's my favorite way to add interest to hair when it's in an updo.

Right now they're grown out to chin length and I can tie them up in my ponytail or bun. From cheekbone to this length, they require no styling, just a little shaping with my fingers, so I'm tempted to just do a long sideswept bang (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&attachmentid=11280) and just call it a day.

On the other hand, I miss shorter bangs (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&attachmentid=11279) and how they looked with my glasses (thick black frames, not in the picture). And right now, my sideswept swoopy bangs from the first pic feel a little... basic. This is what they look like a bit grown out (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&attachmentid=7748), but shorter than the first pic.

What do you guys think?

martyna_22
June 3rd, 2014, 10:22 AM
I personally love the long sideswept bangs look on you. Your face shape is really pretty, I'd suggest not hiding it too much. :)
And btw, I don't want to sound creepy, but you're gorgeous!

momschicklets
June 3rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
My vote is for the long sideswept bang...very flattering on you. Your hair is really lush and beautiful!

Hollyfire3
June 3rd, 2014, 10:45 AM
I'm voting for the thick bangs, they look really cute but all the options look lovely :). And seconding, you are gorgeous. And also, I love your avatar picture, my perfect days consist of that lol.

BrendaLoan
June 3rd, 2014, 10:51 AM
I really like the long sideswept bangs :)

Selkie-
June 3rd, 2014, 11:01 AM
I like the short bangs and I like the longer sideswept ones. :D

ravenheather
June 3rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
You wear either well, but I prefer the long sideswept bangs best.

HintOfMint
June 3rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
I personally love the long sideswept bangs look on you. Your face shape is really pretty, I'd suggest not hiding it too much. :)
And btw, I don't want to sound creepy, but you're gorgeous!

Aww, thank you! You made my day! I grew up not really liking my face shape at all, and I'm finally just starting to embrace it. Thank you again :o

My vote is for the long sideswept bang...very flattering on you. Your hair is really lush and beautiful!

Thank you! Very sweet of you to say.

I'm voting for the thick bangs, they look really cute but all the options look lovely :). And seconding, you are gorgeous. And also, I love your avatar picture, my perfect days consist of that lol.

Haha! Tea and cuddles are my kryptonite. And thank you for the very sweet compliments!

I really like the long sideswept bangs :)

Thanks for the response!

I like the short bangs and I like the longer sideswept ones. :D

Haha, not making my job any easier :p

You wear either well, but I prefer the long sideswept bangs best.

Thank you!

Larki
June 3rd, 2014, 02:16 PM
I'm voting for the long sideswept bangs! I clicked on the shorter bangs and grown-out bangs pics first, then that one, and WHOA. Love that look on you!

DweamGoiL
June 3rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Another vote for the long sideswept bangs!

jeanniet
June 3rd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Long side-swept. Those look great on you!

PixxieStix
June 3rd, 2014, 09:23 PM
I think the shorter bangs add more interest to your face, and they always grow! Honestly, both options are gorgeous though. :)

HintOfMint
June 3rd, 2014, 10:31 PM
I'm voting for the long sideswept bangs! I clicked on the shorter bangs and grown-out bangs pics first, then that one, and WHOA. Love that look on you!

Aw, thanks! To be fair, the long bangs picture is simply a more flattering picture (angle, lighting, not to mention makeup).

Another vote for the long sideswept bangs!

Thanks for the vote!

Long side-swept. Those look great on you!

Thank you!

I think the shorter bangs add more interest to your face, and they always grow! Honestly, both options are gorgeous though. :)

Thanks! And ack! This is exactly why I'm toying with the shorter bangs. I love my swoopy sideswept bangs and from this thread and the mirror, I know they're quite flattering (not to mention low maintenance). But the shorter bangs are just so... fun!

HintOfMint
June 3rd, 2014, 11:21 PM
Ugh, and tangentially, turns out that there's going to be a rainstorm in my area on Thursday. Yay for high humidity and frizzies to ruin my nice new blowout from the salon :( I wish I could reschedule but this place is so busy I have to book it weeks in advance.

Toadstool
June 4th, 2014, 03:11 AM
i said out loud "My God, she's beautiful with shorter ones." So that's my vote :-)

schnibbles
June 4th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I like the shorter bangs on you, but how do you feel about maintenance? You could always get the straight across bangs now... it won't be long until they grow into a longer side-swept (a few months, maybe?)

Nymphea
June 4th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Oh, both options are great! You really do have beautiful face features. I don't know - as bangs grow anyway, I'd go to shorter ones, then afterwards I'd switch to longer, sideswept.

Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful!

veryhairyfairy
June 4th, 2014, 08:09 AM
I like the shorter bangs on you, but how do you feel about maintenance? You could always get the straight across bangs now... it won't be long until they grow into a longer side-swept (a few months, maybe?)

Oh, both options are great! You really do have beautiful face features. I don't know - as bangs grow anyway, I'd go to shorter ones, then afterwards I'd switch to longer, sideswept.

Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful!\

I was going to say this. :)
I cut my bangs 'short' and wear them that way until they start to grow out (once in awhile I maintain them for a few months), and then I have sideswept bangs until they grow out to ponytail length, and repeat! I like it because the hair around my face is constantly changing, so it helps me have something to see grow and that I can style.

(Ugh, right now I have to let them be shoulder length because I need to keep them in my braids/buns for my summer activities... and you're so gorgeous with all of the styles that it's making me want to cut them back again!)

HintOfMint
June 4th, 2014, 11:34 AM
i said out loud "My God, she's beautiful with shorter ones." So that's my vote :-)

Awww! That's terribly sweet, thank you.

I don't mind maintaining or growing out, I'm pretty well-accustomed to doing both. I am a touch nervous about getting back into styling. I've done it before, but it's been a good 4 months since I last had to style them. I have the blowdryer, flat iron, round brush and hairspray so I'm ready with my tools. I just have to be willing. Summer is also coming and DC gets muggy. That's something I have to keep in mind.

Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful!

Thank you so much!

\

I was going to say this. :)
I cut my bangs 'short' and wear them that way until they start to grow out (once in awhile I maintain them for a few months), and then I have sideswept bangs until they grow out to ponytail length, and repeat! I like it because the hair around my face is constantly changing, so it helps me have something to see grow and that I can style.

(Ugh, right now I have to let them be shoulder length because I need to keep them in my braids/buns for my summer activities... and you're so gorgeous with all of the styles that it's making me want to cut them back again!)

Aw, thanks! Yes, that's what I love about bangs, it's something to style and play with. Hey if you like them, cut them! Headbands work for keeping them out of your face when you don't want to deal with them.

spidermom
June 4th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Since the purpose is to change up your style, I'd go for the shorter bangs. You can grow them out to be long, side-swept bangs later.

dulce
June 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM
You are gorgeous! I say go for the bangs [short] for a change if you need one.You would look good no matter what you do.I wear bangs myself and like them..

HintOfMint
June 4th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Since the purpose is to change up your style, I'd go for the shorter bangs. You can grow them out to be long, side-swept bangs later.

Good point, noted. Thanks!

You are gorgeous! I say go for the bangs [short] for a change if you need one.You would look good no matter what you do.I wear bangs myself and like them..

Thank you so much, it means a lot! Short bangs definitely have the novelty appeal. Heck, I imagine myself with short bangs with particular outfits, as though they're an accessory.

ladyfey
June 5th, 2014, 04:43 AM
I really like the shorter bangs, I think that no bangs would look nice as well.

ErinLeigh
June 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I like the side swept look but I really like Spider Moms idea of going for the short to give you the change you desire..then just grow them out into side swept when you are tired of them.
Are you going to post back and advise your choice after cut? Can't wait to see the finished result. :)

HintOfMint
June 5th, 2014, 09:41 PM
WOOOOOO! I went with the shorter bangs and at first I wasn't sure if I loved or hated them, but they slowly grew on me, and now I'm in love with them. They're so different. They're thicker and I can style them a few different ways, which I'm really happy about. I love versatility. I have some pics but I'm not in love with the lighting, so I'm going to wait until morning to post new ones.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 5th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Oh, good for you! Looking forward to seeing pics!

HintOfMint
June 10th, 2014, 11:32 PM
They're not the best pictures, but I'm happy with them!

Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&attachmentid=11322)is a full-on fringe, fringe with a little bit of a part (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&attachmentid=11342) (both of them flat ironed), and one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&attachmentid=11323)where they're a little wavier and curl up a little into short bangs.

Not sure if I'll keep them this way, but I'm having so much fun with them!

spirals
June 11th, 2014, 12:09 AM
I like you with the shorter bangs; they draw attention to your eyes.

CurlMonster
June 12th, 2014, 02:00 AM
I think they look great on you!