PDA

View Full Version : Brush cut my hair badly :(

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 12:40 PM
I want to cry!!! :cry:

In 2012 I've stopped using hair brush in attempt to get my hair as thick as possible. To the full potential so to say. I got a nice wide tooth wooden brush and loved it. I've started right away to see that i lost less hair everytime i combed my hair and noticed my braid getting slightly thicker, especially at the top of the head. I was happy. In the begining of march this year I went to a professional hairdresser store with my sister ( she study to be a hairdresser). I saw there a nice and wide brush Paddle Silk Professional 500. Yup it is sold only for professionals as i understood, so something clicked in my head and I asked my sister to buy it for me.

To be honest i first liked the brush. It didn't take me half an hour to go through, my hair was so perfectly untagled, untill 2 weeks ago I wash my hair and this is what i see.... My hair is full of this short hairs! Short hairs are all over my head, they are up to 15cm long and shorter...I didn't have those before getting the damn brush!!! I want to cry so badly. Why oh why i went back to brushing :cry: It was breaking my hair for 3 month without me knowing. You know when you are combing your hair you can feel when the comb finds the knot, but the brush just goes through :(

So back to my beloved wooden comb, but for now i need to live with this! btw. i intentionally made all the short hairs stand up so can see what is going on there...

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/fluffyhair.jpg

Anje
June 2nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Do take a look at the tips of those short hairs. It's possible that you're noticing a hair growth spurt and the baby hairs are getting long enough to really show up. If that's the case, expect them to have tapering tips.

spidermom
June 2nd, 2014, 01:07 PM
Didn't you post something in the past about having hair shed out from low thyroid (or something)? If I am remembering correctly, then this is the regrow. Congratulations!

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 01:09 PM
Do take a look at the tips of those short hairs. It's possible that you're noticing a hair growth spurt and the baby hairs are getting long enough to really show up. If that's the case, expect them to have tapering tips.

I hope you are right.... but i am so damn afread to use the brush again, Can the spurt of grow be this much, all over the head and so suddenly ? My hair grow fast, but i don't think that this fast! I will check how the tips look...

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Didn't you post something in the past about having hair shed out from low thyroid (or something)? If I am remembering correctly, then this is the regrow. Congratulations!

Nope wasn't me. I do sometimes loose hair if i do not get enough of calcium or / and if loosing weight . Hmm i did lost 10 kg last fall.... hmmm...

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Ok, from the fast look some do have the tapering point and some don't. Hard to look all the whole hair that way. Ok it is little less "crying feeling" now that i see some of it is a regroth as well!

Anje
June 2nd, 2014, 01:20 PM
The other, less pleasant thing to check is this: Do the hairs (at least the broken ones) all go back to about the point where you secure your hair for a ponytail, bun, etc.? I tend to get breakage at that point if I'm not careful, but it's from hairties rather than from brushing.

Basically, I doubt it's the brush. If there are no sharp edges and you don't feel/hear hairs breaking or getting caught, it's hard to see that it's damaging.

fiğrildi
June 2nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
I have a similar problem, so I understand your frustration! I used to love my wooden wide tooth comb, and I used to think that it was gentle with my hair... but I was wrong! I switched to tangle teezer, maybe you should give it a try. Your short new hairs will grow, and you'll have a thicker mane. In the meantime, patience!

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 01:25 PM
It just when i noticed this shorter hairs, i checked my brush and it had lots of short hairs in it, not a single whole lenght one. And on my ponytail is much lover than the broken hair . The thing is, that i think i heard the breacage, but.. i have no idea what happend in march - i kinda didn't care ? I had lots of work, long days and i just brush it fast and out you go with not caring much what the bursh does. And when i first used this brush it felt very scratchy on my scalp, but i didn't care.

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 01:28 PM
I have a similar problem, so I understand your frustration! I used to love my wooden wide tooth comb, and I used to think that it was gentle with my hair... but I was wrong! I switched to tangle teezer, maybe you should give it a try. Your short new hairs will grow, and you'll have a thicker mane. In the meantime, patience!

yeah, i've heard about the tangle teezer. My sister is coming to visit us next week and she said she will bring me to try hers as she doesn't like it. It just i always wanted and thicker hair, and then i go and do THIS to myself!!! Yeah patience, patience in waiting for it to grow back and patience it combing my hair!!!!!!!!!

fiğrildi
June 2nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
yeah, i've heard about the tangle teezer. My sister is coming to visit us next week and she said she will bring me to try hers as she doesn't like it. It just i always wanted and thicker hair, and then i go and do THIS to myself!!! Yeah patience, patience in waiting for it to grow back and patience it combing my hair!!!!!!!!!

Hair time is absurdly slow! But if it grew faster (4 inches a month, for example?), having long hair would not be so rare and precious! :flower:

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 01:59 PM
Hair time is absurdly slow! But if it grew faster (4 inches a month, for example?), having long hair would not be so rare and precious! :flower:

I know. Just feel so stupid. Who babies their hair for 2 years and then just throws away all the work ? Lol, I do ;)

eadwine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:04 PM
Hey you, get here for a hug hairtwinny :)

lapushka
June 2nd, 2014, 02:10 PM
It might not be the brush. New hairs come in all the time, so you're basically stuck with short hairs a lot of the time.

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Hey you, get here for a hug hairtwinny :)

Aww, your hug is more than welcomed here, twinnie :crush:

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:25 PM
It might not be the brush. New hairs come in all the time, so you're basically stuck with short hairs a lot of the time.

I originally thought it was just the regrowth untill i saw short hairs in the brush. like 30 cm long, 40 cm long. I started combing again with my wide comb and now the falling out hair are the full lenght ones again. I might be wrong, but no way i going back to brush again. I am too scared now....

eadwine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:25 PM
*grin*

Now where has that wide armed smiley thing gone off to... ahhh there it is!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I've got room, arms long enough, if anyone needs to jump in cause they need a hug too ;)

Mind.. do you use cones? I found this one to make you all slippy heheh :lol:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Diversen/hug-and-slip.gif

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
*grin*

Now where has that wide armed smiley thing gone off to... ahhh there it is!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I've got room, arms long enough, if anyone needs to jump in cause they need a hug too ;)

I don't think you will have space after me jumping in the hugging zone ;) :flower:

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:31 PM
eadwine, i should definitely go through my shampoos and conditioners. That is the part i was lazy about.

eadwine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:32 PM
I edited the huggie post.. heheh go see ;)

Anje
June 2nd, 2014, 02:41 PM
I know. Just feel so stupid. Who babies their hair for 2 years and then just throws away all the work ? Lol, I do ;)
Oh, most of us manage something like that sooner or later. Experiment with something new, discover that even though everyone else loves it, it chews up your hair. Cut bangs, decide a month later that you can't stand them. Decide to leave your hair loose while in a convertible "just once". :lol: But it's hair and it's life, and neither is a static or always-moving-forward condition.

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:43 PM
eadwine, i have a feeling i would have liked you a lot in real life :D

:hooched:

StellaKatherine
June 2nd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Oh, most of us manage something like that sooner or later. Experiment with something new, discover that even though everyone else loves it, it chews up your hair. Cut bangs, decide a month later that you can't stand them. Decide to leave your hair loose while in a convertible "just once". :lol: But it's hair and it's life, and neither is a static or always-moving-forward condition.

Like i had my hair at the lenght i am not sure about, but i could seat on it. I went and cut it, and the same day cried and started regrowing again :) Something like that ? :D

martyna_22
June 2nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Don't worry. We've all had our share of weird experiments with even weirder results in our time.
Like the time I decided to mess up my hemline (not intentionally... but I decided to do it myself, so guess what I ended up with? I had to cut off 12 cm, so almost 5" off my hair and even after that it seemed horrible).
I'm still recovering from it, have about 2" to go now, but hair grows - you'll get your hair back soon as well:)
I was probably as bummed as you are right now, but after half a year all I do is smile patronizingly at myself - I've learned so much since then!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you :grouphug:

eadwine
June 2nd, 2014, 11:14 PM
eadwine, i have a feeling i would have liked you a lot in real life :D

:hooched:

:lol: I AM as crazy as I seem here, as the folks from the Dutch forum can confirm, but in a good way though ;)

longhairedlady
June 3rd, 2014, 02:04 AM

Been there, done that. Got the tshirt.

StellaKatherine
June 3rd, 2014, 08:06 AM
:lol: I AM as crazy as I seem here, as the folks from the Dutch forum can confirm, but in a good way though ;)

I have a soft spot for dutch :) Have a couple of very good friends there :D

eadwine
June 3rd, 2014, 10:45 AM
*giggle* we're good people.

Most of us anyway *frowns* :lol: