PDA

View Full Version : Low progesterone and hair loss

MariamPhilauri
June 2nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hello. I've been experiencing hair loss lately...I throught it was because of stress but than i realised it wasn't true. I had also acne, seborhhea and some hirsutism. It's symptoms of hormonal imbalance. I've been diagnosed with PCOS this winter. Fourtanely, my androgen levels are normal, only progesterone is low. Doctor prescribed me Duphaston and I see postive changes, acne improved, hair loss stopped and I see some new growth. I'm very happy for it.
My crown is slightly thinner but it was always a little bit thinner than my partline, I guess a have a weird cowlick and this is the reason (?)
So all I want to know is, that anyone have experienced similar situation? I've been reading on net but typical situation for PCOS is high androgens and low progesterone, mine is different. Thank god my testosterone levels are normal.
What do you think, will I be able to grow my hair back as it was before?
I'm going to do cardio, scalp massages, take multivitamins and eat healthy, reduce stress (which plays part, I think)
I'm 16 years old.

MungoMania
June 2nd, 2014, 02:01 PM
I've never had the problem you've mentioned but have had plenty of others. I think your plan sounds like a good one and will probably yield positive results. There are tons of hair vitamins and scalp serums you can try. Just try to keep a positive attitude about it all.

MissHoney
June 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM
yes. my hair was already shedding noticeably while I was going to doctors to figure out what was wrong. then my hair shed a TON within the couple of days that I started the medication I needed. after that, my hair is no longer the thickness it should be, but the thickness is as consistent as my medicine schedule. I have noticed considerable shedding when I ran out of medicine for a few days. for reference, I am 22 years old.

MungoMania
June 3rd, 2014, 01:49 AM
yes. my hair was already shedding noticeably while I was going to doctors to figure out what was wrong. then my hair shed a TON within the couple of days that I started the medication I needed. after that, my hair is no longer the thickness it should be, but the thickness is as consistent as my medicine schedule. I have noticed considerable shedding when I ran out of medicine for a few days. for reference, I am 22 years old.

Biosil, which is a collagen supplement, can really help stop excessive shedding and the less hair you lose, the thicker it will appear to be. I used to count the hairs in the sink every night after combing and I would feel like crying. Not any more. I've been taking this product daily for 4 years and I wouldn't be without it.

MissHoney
June 3rd, 2014, 10:40 PM
thanks for the tip @mungomania!