PDA

View Full Version : protein intake?

cdonald2
June 2nd, 2014, 02:32 AM
I may be reposting a question someone else has asked, but i cant seem to find the answer anywhere. I know for a sedentary female 46g of protein is recommended for personal health. Does that mean i should take 50g of protein for optimal hair health/growth? also, suggestions of any other power foods for hair growth/health would be appreciated.

BroomHilda
June 2nd, 2014, 02:46 AM
yes this is all you need. 1gram protein per kg of bw is more than enough for the average sedentary person. That intake will cover the overall proteinosynthesis of your body which includes hair and nails as well. More than that wont make any difference.
You should increase protein intake if you workout a lot or intensively and especially with weights (doesnt apply to cardio)

Natalia
June 2nd, 2014, 03:12 AM
As long as you meet your minimum you will be fine. Its important though to get more than just the essential aminos. They are essential for a reason but event he ones your body makes doesnt mean it makes enough for optimal health required for good healthy growth. And dont forget the vitamins you need to put that protein to use. Zinc an selenium are especially helpful for hair, skin, and nails. You can get a better estimate using nutrition calculators online. Find a few input your data and average your result.