PDA

View Full Version : When cutting hair... (bangs)

MissPetite2010
June 1st, 2014, 01:52 PM
Well, I've decided to start cutting my own bangs. That's what I did this last time around. Free. Have you guys decided on this? I figured, I might as well keep up on my bangs in between getting hair trimmed when I do go. not often. lol With my naturally wavy hair. Didn't want to take a chance in messing up the ends, so having a professional do it. So, do you guys cut your own bangs and have someone else do the other handy work? :)

spidermom
June 1st, 2014, 01:55 PM
I've done both. I like the way my stylist cuts my bangs, so if I have an appointment with her coming up, I leave my bangs to her.

jacqueline101
June 1st, 2014, 02:08 PM
I have a crea clip and I do my own. I like doing my own hair. I'm stingy with money and this helps.

Larki
June 1st, 2014, 02:14 PM
I trim my own bangs. It's very quick and easy, and that way I can get them just the right length.

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 02:28 PM
I trim my own. Do use proper hair scissors though, they don't have to cost too much :)

spirals
June 1st, 2014, 02:46 PM
I'm better at all-over layers than bangs. I always cut them too long or too short.

MissPetite2010
June 1st, 2014, 03:10 PM
When I cut my bangs not to long ago, I bought some hair scissors from CVS. It wasn't that bad of a price. A little over $9. They had one for $12. But, decided to go with the cheaper. Works well. Perfect for the on the go- bangs chop. lol There not to short. Still like them at a eyebrows length. :)

Fericera
June 1st, 2014, 05:30 PM
I do it on my own. After a lot of screw ups I've figured out how I like it, and I hate paying for a couple snips.

whitedove
June 1st, 2014, 06:04 PM
I do my own. Whenever I get mine cut at a salon they forget about the bounce back my hair does :D

molljo
June 1st, 2014, 07:18 PM
I've been cutting my own bangs for years. I've screwed up enough times that I've got it down to a science. Stylists are hit and miss, though.

Larki
June 1st, 2014, 07:25 PM
I just use normal scissors on my bangs. I figure they get cut often enough (every three weeks or so) that it doesn't matter. Interestingly, I never get splits in my bangs.

MissPetite2010
June 1st, 2014, 07:46 PM
I've been cutting my own bangs for years. I've screwed up enough times that I've got it down to a science. Stylists are hit and miss, though.

That is true. I finally found a good stylist recently, but most of the time I've had bad luck with stylists...

jupiterinleo
June 3rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
I cut my own bangs when I had them. It was pretty easy, if you have the right scissors and you have a vague idea of what you're doing. I never cut straight across, I would hold up a little chunk at a time and snip them vertically.

eadwine
June 6th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Oh I do.. but I cannot hold them up. I have two cowlicks in my bangs that I have to make sure I do not cut too short :D