PDA

View Full Version : Hello again and sorry for disappearing!

Ashlbee
May 31st, 2014, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone!

Its been quite a few months since I've been on. I was fairly active for quite a bit then sorta poofed.

Life very much took over! I graduated college, got a job, applied to grad school, and will be starting my program in August. I did reach my goal and then some (Hip, then TBL, though I think I'm cutting back to hip with layers soon).

I'd like to apologize to anyone I was in sales/trade convos with at the time. While I don't owe anyone money/trade goods that were paid for or anything like that and was sure to finish out those in progress deals, I know I was in talks with a few people about buying some items after the first of the year and others I was in talks to sell some pieces to and then never followed up. Things got super crazy for a while there and I just got caught up in moving and work and such.

I also probably won't be back/active very much. I have many state exams coming up for my program to get credentialed and I sadly don't have much time for online forums right now :( I just wanted to say hello though and apologize for going MIA. I do have some lovely hair pieces I'm going to post about in the sales section of the forum (a TT, Ficcare, etc.) because these exams are going to cost quite the pretty penny and school is already tapping me out financially. I will diligently follow up on that sales thread until everything is cleanly closed out and the items have arrived safely at their new homes before ducking my head into school/work again :)

Anyway, I did want to give a giant virtual hug and a thank you to this lovely community. I still CO wash to this day because of information I found here and it is largely because of LHC I was able to reach my life-long goal of healthy long hair. It is so supportive here, encouraging, and fun. (Plus I save so much on shampoo now that I use only Suave CO haha!) I'm hoping that I'll be able to be an active community member again in the future after my graduate studies and work settle into a more familiar and easily managed pattern.

Thank you so so much to the lovely ladies and gents who made my time here so fun and inclusive. This place is awesome!

HintOfMint
May 31st, 2014, 02:52 PM
Lots of big changes, congratulations! And welcome back :)

Ashlbee
May 31st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks :) Yes I'm excited for school. I have 1 year for my credential then 2-3 years for the accompanying Masters Degree, then a final state board exam to get certified. This year is going to be really intense since they combine the 6 month observational period with classes so you do observation from 7am-2pm then classes from around 3pm-6pm depending on the class. Homework and lesson places on the weekends. I'm trying to get as prepared as possible this summer so I can transition into school easily and not be too stressed financially.