PDA

View Full Version : Secure side bun?

Misschilly
May 31st, 2014, 03:38 AM
Hi girls!

I love the soft, romantic look of a side bun, but I've found that they don't feel as secure as "usual buns".

Any ideas what buns are best to have on the side? Anything else to think about?

thank you! =)

quiltlady
May 31st, 2014, 06:58 AM
I use Amish Pins to secure my braided side bun. I find that Amish pins hold my hair in place all day, especially when I use 3" pins.

neko_kawaii
May 31st, 2014, 07:10 AM
ANYTHING can be worn on the side. That said, some things are harder to form (figure 8, orchid) and secure than others. I mostly do a cinnabun and secure it with spin pins, but short sticks and forks work well, it just takes a bit of practice to get the position right.

Andeee
May 31st, 2014, 07:33 AM
I do a nautilus on the side almost every day for work. I use 3 or 4 spin pins. It definitely needs that third or fourth spin pin to secure it while a normal nautilus needs only 2 or 3.

woodswanderer
May 31st, 2014, 07:47 AM
I always wonder if a bun can be too big for a side bun...that maybe a large side bun would look less cute than a medium bun. I tried one on myself and it didn't look very cute, but maybe it was my technique.

ashke50
May 31st, 2014, 08:04 AM
I do a dutch plait round the side of my head going round to a plaited cinnabun on the other side, which makes the side bun "balance" a bit better. Braided buns tend to be pretty stable too.

neko_kawaii
May 31st, 2014, 12:28 PM
I always wonder if a bun can be too big for a side bun...that maybe a large side bun would look less cute than a medium bun. I tried one on myself and it didn't look very cute, but maybe it was my technique.

I dunno, this is pretty cute in my book: Mom from Korean Drama - Playful Kiss (http://boygirlband.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/pk2_3a.jpg)