PDA

View Full Version : HONESTLY! You invest in products this and that, and now THIS??

eadwine
May 30th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I doubt it will stay this way though.. I am just expecting this to go lay flat any minute now hahaha, but I wanted to share.

Here you go investing your money in all sorts of product, you know.. to keep your wavies and spirals.. leave in and stuff like that. Well.. tomorrow is henna day, so I washed it, simple WC, plopped for 20 minutes, and then put the spirals strings up in claw clippies which I took out a while ago. It won't dry too much bunched up like that (which is part of the reason I want to try a snood, different topic)

Well.. it is now 85% dry.. NO product AT ALL in my hair, nothing.. and my hair pulls this stunt:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/ummm.jpg

:crazyq:

Go on.. lay flat.. HOP.. flat.. cm'on HOP FLAT!

I am expecting it to sag out once I start doing things though.. this is not gonna last.

But.. I guess plopping and clippies as a basis do work hmm?

Anje
May 30th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Much more of this, and we'll have to upgrade you to about 2c.

ARG
May 30th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Goodness! That is gorgeous! You''ll have to update us if it goes flat or not. Whatever you're doing, its seems to be right.

eadwine
May 30th, 2014, 01:18 PM
:lol:

For goodness sakes.. hahaha. And still.. when looking at it straight on I think: GO COMB, IT'S RATTY.

Still not used to this AT ALL. But.. persevering!! It is getting a bit less "go comb" when I look at it in the mirror, so that is progressing.

I have been walking very carefully to grab my henna stuff. Imagine lady-like with a book on the head careful :lol:

I'll take another picture when mixing that is done, it should be fully dry then.

Here is a picture of when it just got out of the clippies

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/cliperuit.jpg

Unfortunately it is 21:15 here now, so it is not going to stay down much longer, but rest assured that I am going to try this one again, sometime in the morning so it can be down all day and we can see what it is like in the evening!

BrendaLoan
May 30th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Woww, eadwine! Your hair looks amazing, so pretty! :o

duchess67
May 30th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Really eadwine, your hair looks amazing!

eadwine
May 30th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Aww thank you all! :o

I still cannot believe it looks nice hahah. Silly huh.. I mean I SEE the pictures!

Looking at the right hand side live, letting it drop forward gently, yep.. lovin' the spirals. I just need not look at the whole head.. when I look at it in the mirror it looks just.. bleh.

And then take a picture and it looks decent.. what the..?? :lol:

But yeah.. 40 years of 1b-ish doesn't easily in the head transform to this; it is a whole different world! Also I KNOW that once I hit the comb it will go back to the 1c state. THAT is one thing I have learned NOT to do: comb. Save for on wash days :)

Anyway.. here is the last picture of it, henna is all mixed up now and tomorrow morning it will be ready to go.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/last.jpg

lapushka
May 30th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Well the hair does what the hair does. The products are mostly there to keep *us* happy, right. ;) :lol: It looks awesome eadwine, with or without product and I know that you are still getting used to the texture and it's been quite a feat for you, but hey, if it matters, I think it's gorgeous! This is no 2a, more like 2b, and I'd even go as far as 2b/2c, just because of the ringletty nature of the waves. Those clippies are worth their weight in gold, if you ask me. It's a cool method!

tigereye
May 30th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Mine did this too just the other day. Usually, as my hair dries, the vast majority of what wave I have falls out. I don't know whether is was a change in humidity or what (we've been having a really warm, relatively dry week), because whilst I was doing exactly what I usually do, my hair instead decided to curl almost into ringlets along the last 6 inches. My hair wouldn't do that if I tried. However, I woke up this morning and it was flat again. Go figure.

eadwine
May 30th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Weird huh.. for me it stays this way unless I manipulate it with a comb for instance which is what I am trying to avoid.

I will likely be able to see what the hair does over a full day on Sunday. Tomorrow is henna day, and after the henna is washed out and the hair is dry I slather it with coconut oil which at times stays in overnight. Can't hurt to do that and then it gets washed out on Sunday morning, and I can see what the hair is going to do over the course of the day :)

Arwenlily
May 30th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Love your hair! It is beautiful! Also, I think in your last picture I see a spiral there to the right ... maybe two. Simply gorgeous.

earthybee
May 30th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Wowwweee your hair is pretty! That looks awesome!

cat11
May 30th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Your hair looks awesome! And shiny.

My hair is wavy too and it definately curls more if I just wash it, or if I leave it alone more afterwards. Putting on pruduct stretches out my hair just cause of the mechanical process and also with weight.

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 01:25 AM
Thanks everyone!

I just took a picture of my morning hair and I THINK I like it better the next day with the leave-in in there. It just falls a bit more.. defined.

You know what it reminds me of? Back when I was younger and I got out of the pool. My hair did exactly this. Just the response was combcombombcomb, it's bleh.. comb!!

Too bad that back when I didn't see things were like this and that it was considered ratty.. I would have had a much easier time accepting it now I think.

ErinLeigh
May 31st, 2014, 01:27 AM
Is it possible the cones in your leave ins actually pul curls straighter and without them your hair gets a curl boost?

maybe you can alternate between cone and cone free leave in to see what reaction of curl and defination you obtain and see if there is a happy medium you like ?

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 01:36 AM
It could be.. but I have no idea which leave-in is cone free that I can just readily obtain here..

currently using got2b smooth operator.

Also.. keep in mind that I used a different method of drying, and I am fairly sure I can likely get about the same result when I use that same method using the got2b :) My spirals get pulled straighter from the weight of the hair and water alone.

Lemme put it this way: without added leave in and such without the plop plus clip method I used here my hair does NOT dry like this, it'll sag out. The plop plus clippies are what made this possible. Hence me considering a snood for drying :) It will support the hair.

ErinLeigh
May 31st, 2014, 03:14 AM
I cant believe I lived 41 years without knowing what a snood was. I had to look it up :)
Thanks for reply. I am still trying to sort out my own wavies and straighties so these threads always interest me.

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 03:19 AM
Heh we all learn.. I never knew about this either until I got here :lol:

DarleneH
May 31st, 2014, 06:15 AM
I want to know what you WCed with!!! That might be the missing ingredients that would take my 2a up a notch. :D

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 06:31 AM
:lol: You can always try!

I use Andrélon perfecte krul (perfect curl)

Shampoo: http://static.kruidvat.nl/product/600x600/f10/9348_8717163010068_5eda18ec3a9161c117c9cecd11927a1 e8811687e.jpg
Conditioner: http://www.vomar.nl/content/images/ProductImages/large/8718114394053_0.jpg

bunzfan
May 31st, 2014, 06:34 AM
Wow it looks so pretty :heartbeat:

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM
Thank you :)

Just took a picture of my combed out hair. About to start putting oil in and I figured I'd take a length shot :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/combed.jpg

Arwenlily
May 31st, 2014, 09:41 AM
You are so lucky that is what your hair looks like combed out. You would NOT want to see my hair combed out ... I would look like a lion, for real.

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 09:50 AM
Major poof I bet? How annoying.. :(

Yeah I am very lucky that I can choose to go through life as 1bish or 2aish.

TrapperCreekD
May 31st, 2014, 08:23 PM
Congrats the waves, they're gorgeous! :D

CurlyCap
May 31st, 2014, 09:12 PM
I don't know about type 2 hair, but I know type 3 hair is actually a bit curlier if you just shampoo'd it or leave it without products. Members I have seen in a while (3azza? for one) used to say they preferred super curly over hydrated, so they'd shampoo with minimal products to up the curl factor.

Most people I think stick with product just for the sake of making detangling less burdensome.

But yes, welcome to land of 3-dimensional hair. It will do what it wants!

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 12:21 AM
CurlyCap: Hmm.. that IS something to think about.. I mean.. I don't detangle normally anymore, but just shampoo and no conditioner or other add ons I think is what you are getting at?

Ah well it is worth a shot I guess to try it out :)

Edit: done. It is in clippies again now.. wait and see!

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 04:04 AM
I guess an update would be cool. Here it is just out of the clippies again :D

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/w-only.jpg

I am just loving the pictures.. I want to feel the love LIVE already :lol:

Henna Girl
June 1st, 2014, 04:11 AM
Lovely hair eadwine. It seems that I am going into that direction as well! When I stopped using products on my hair and taking care of it I am starting to see more waves. I started with 1a-1b hair and now it looks more like a 1c-2a, I am still hesitating to change it officially since I am not really sure if it is going to stay like that.

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 04:16 AM
I hear you.. I am not changing mine upward either just yet. It is something already that I dared to call it 1c-2a :lol:

fiğrildi
June 1st, 2014, 04:43 AM
Very beautiful! I love your hair both combed and uncombed, and your colour is just amazing :)

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 05:22 AM
Thank you! :D

Here they are next to each other.. the one on the left is WITH conditioner (WC), the one on the right is from just now, without (W):

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/last.jpg http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/w-only-dry.jpg

I don't see too much of a difference really. The picture on the right is lighter of course, but as far as definition of the hair goes, with or without, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

two_wheels
June 1st, 2014, 05:26 AM
It is amazing! Do you have a tutorial for the clipping???? :eyebrows:

fiğrildi
June 1st, 2014, 05:29 AM
The difference is very subtle, but I think your hair looks a bit fuller in the second picture (without conditioner). Maybe it's just my impression, though :o

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 05:39 AM
ROFL a tutorial.. well.. when the hair has the spirals going on I scrunch them a little and then just grab individual strands and scrunch them up to my head and then clip that there. Same with all the other ones :) That is all there is to it really.

Thank you for the compliments everyone! I still feel weird accepting them. I wonder how long it IS going to take before my brain switches from "ugh" to "way cool!". Or to "hmm ok I might like this", that would be good too hahaha!

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 05:43 AM
I think by nature we kinda have similar hairtype, yours looks more silky ! :heart: How do you use clips? I would really like to hear about that more!

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 05:49 AM
Thank you for the compliments everyone! I still feel weird accepting them. I wonder how long it IS going to take before my brain switches from "ugh" to "way cool!". Or to "hmm ok I might like this", that would be good too hahaha!

This is exactly how i am feeling right now. After just leaning about having waves... First reaction " wow, how exciting". Second reaction " ehhh... but what now ?". Fird reaction " do i really want them ?" .... :confused: I guess it will take some time :D One thing i am annoyed about are the short single hairs that stand up and curl especially when it rains. When my husband calls me an angle or sunshine, i know that short hairs are all up around my head lol

lapushka
June 1st, 2014, 05:56 AM
Very nice, and seeing as you left it pretty much alone, I'd say 2b/2c isn't a bad classifier. ;)

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 06:25 AM
Hahaha I STILL don't dare to call it that.

If I leave the hair hanging down, so without the clippies, it doesn't get as defined as this. The weight of the hair with the moisture on it makes it droop.

Hmm.. just thinking.. conditioner IS moisture IS weight that I add to the hair.

Ok.. lemme put this here very clear: I am NOT going to try SO :lol:

StellaKatherine: I hear you about the getting used to it. Do you also have the feeling that it is ratty?

As for how I do the clippies, imagine my spirals, when scrunched up they will form a circle.. pretty much like a slinky would when not stretched out. I simply clip the coil on one side to my head .. well to the HAIR on my head of course :lol:

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 06:31 AM
StellaKatherine: I hear you about the getting used to it. Do you also have the feeling that it is ratty?

As for how I do the clippies, imagine my spirals, when scrunched up they will form a circle.. pretty much like a slinky would when not stretched out. I simply clip the coil on one side to my head .. well to the HAIR on my head of course :lol:

Yeah when i let it dry by itself with only finger combing. The picture looked nice, but I didn't feel like my hair was pretty at all. Really confusing feeling.

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 06:38 AM
YES!! That is exactly it. I LOVE my hair in the pictures. *sigh* How long does this last.. or is it still going for you? lol

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 06:43 AM
Knowing myself, this might never end :D One good thing tho, that can always brush it all to almost straight and anyway i wear my hair mostly in braids and buns so any natural waves will be lost till next wash :D

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 07:03 AM
:lol: Yeah indeed.

It just at times feels like cheating you know.. I mean.. when a 3 combs, it is still hair that obviously curls, and when I comb.. well.. it is pretty much straight, know what I mean? Like.. what right do I have to even claim the 2a or as Lapushka says.. even higher, you know?

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 07:24 AM
Yup same feeling. I feel like a cheater with changing to 2B... My sister has naturally very curly hair and she always says that I have straight. It is like questioning myself, does my hair really wavy if using even a wide comb will straighten it up ? I am waiting for someone look at my stats and say " You cheating, you do not have wavy hair" haha

lapushka
June 1st, 2014, 07:36 AM
It's absolutely normal, you guys, for waves to hate the comb. And you can call it, if you shampood like normal, conditioned once and left it alone to dry, what you then get is *your* texture. Claim it with ease!

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 07:40 AM
And here I am looking at the stats in fact of various people thinking that!

I mean.. when I see a wavy-ish hair, and then the type says 3a, I think to myself: right, can't be. How can this person be a 3?

Or is it that there are more people like us? I mean.. you know right after drying type 2a/2b, and when combing or manipulation in any way or form turn into "just" 1b or something like that.

It's something I am struggling very hard with at the moment. WHEN can I legitimately call myself a 2a/b or whatever I am? What does other 2a/b hair look like when combed?

I am kinda hoping some 2 people will look in here, and also some 3s, and help me out with all these tangles that my mind is in. Not my hair mind you, but the MIND!!

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 07:54 AM
yeah and then there is a perception of what wave " should " look like. I call my hair fluffy, as it compacts very well in a braid and in a bun, but the moment you open it it's like FLUFFS open , after washing and brushing especially and hairdryer ( used only comple of times ) makes it straight and HUGE looking when open. I realize, that this is something the wavy hair is famous of. But still the reality and perception just are too far from each other!

two_wheels
June 1st, 2014, 08:03 AM
And here I am looking at the stats in fact of various people thinking that!

I mean.. when I see a wavy-ish hair, and then the type says 3a, I think to myself: right, can't be. How can this person be a 3?

Or is it that there are more people like us? I mean.. you know right after drying type 2a/2b, and when combing or manipulation in any way or form turn into "just" 1b or something like that.

It's something I am struggling very hard with at the moment. WHEN can I legitimately call myself a 2a/b or whatever I am? What does other 2a/b hair look like when combed?

I am kinda hoping some 2 people will look in here, and also some 3s, and help me out with all these tangles that my mind is in. Not my hair mind you, but the MIND!!

I'll play :D

1. shampoo + lots of conditioner rinsed out, no product left in, no manipulation, wut :ponder: I guess this might look prettier when hair is longer
2. combed (no product)
3. brushed with BBB (no product)
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20140601_tex_zpsd7478319.jpg

I want to try with the clippies and less conditioner to see if I can get something like 1 but with less weight.
ETA signature pic has some coconut oil in damp ends left to dry

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 08:04 AM
StellaKatherine:

Yes.. what wave SHOULD look like.. to me.. good curl starts with what I was sporting right out of the clippies. EXACTLY that when dry is what I wouldn't mind having :lol:

At least that hair is CONVINCED of itself that it is curly, know what I mean. It is not like I feel people would say now: yeah.. you've got some volume going (all those spirals and all) but that part there is still straightish (left side mostly). Just comb it out already.

It's what my brain is telling me, and what I refuse to listen to :lol:

Maybe I should just leave those clippies in longer hahaha

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 08:05 AM
two_wheels : I think you can DEFINITELY also get more, convinced of it even. :) I wonder what happens and do post pictures :)

two_wheels
June 1st, 2014, 08:08 AM
Haha I love looking at other people's pictures so will definitely pay back by posting my own!

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 08:09 AM
Don't know if it helps at all. But here is my hair in 3 stages. I am kinda thinking of taking photos the next time i wash my hair everyday till i need to wash it. Just interesting to see chages, as my hair becomes less fluffy at days 5-6 and almost silky :)

Uncombed after washing

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140529_192155.jpg

Combed after washing

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/s600x600/10336766_736357769747986_1682340944839065821_n.jpg

After braided

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/s600x600/10371982_740179749365788_2780353964945578261_n.jpg

two_wheels
June 1st, 2014, 08:12 AM
Wow StellaKatherine! Have you tried the LOC method? It really cuts the day 1 floof for me
(wow=prettywow, not floofwow)

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 08:12 AM
I would definitely try plopping and the clippie trick and see what that gives on you. I bet you will get even better defined waves :)

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 08:17 AM
I'll play :D

1. shampoo + lots of conditioner rinsed out, no product left in, no manipulation, wut :ponder: I guess this might look prettier when hair is longer
2. combed (no product)
3. brushed with BBB (no product)
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20140601_tex_zpsd7478319.jpg

I want to try with the clippies and less conditioner to see if I can get something like 1 but with less weight.
ETA signature pic has some coconut oil in damp ends left to dry

That first photo is the perfection of the wave!!!!! That is something i would die to get <3

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 08:20 AM
Wow StellaKatherine! Have you tried the LOC method? It really cuts the day 1 floof for me
(wow=prettywow, not floofwow)

Thank you sweety ! :o :D I haven't yet try much of anything on my hair. Still on the learning process with what would work on my hair. I hate my day one after wash the most!

two_wheels
June 1st, 2014, 08:22 AM
I bet yours does something similar but tighter if you up the moisture retention & find a good drying technique!

neko_kawaii
June 1st, 2014, 08:28 AM

Compare scrunched wet to nearly dry
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/_DSC9912_zpsa56c67c6.jpghttp://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/_DSC9916_zpsda7d2d2d.jpg

to totally unmanipulated dry and periodically combed while drying
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/_DSC0003_zps666a699d.jpghttp://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/DSC05875small.jpg

ETA:
And fluff
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/DSC04374small.jpg

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 08:34 AM
Here is my hair wet and dry

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/spiral3.jpg

Nothing in there, not even scrunched

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/spiraldry.jpg

Here is what it looks like wet when you DO scrunch:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/spirals.jpg

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 08:41 AM
neko_kawaii: thank you for posting those pictures.. I see it in more now.. so it is NORMAL to lose the untouched definition for us 2a's and 2b's when we comb/brush, aha. That helps in reconciling a bit more with my new hair haha.. thanks again :)

BonnieU
June 1st, 2014, 08:53 AM
So I'm a 2c/3a....and I hesitate to call myself 3a..though I really want to...I'm kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum where I will do anything to enhance/keep my curl pattern...I'm constantly fighting the frizzies but have embraced them to some extent...I never brush or comb, and I don't use any silicone or sulfate. I also loc which has totally changed my curl hold....even overnight they seem to stay. I can understand the struggle though, the urge to comb it because you feel like it's "ratty", just because the curlier my hair, the more apt I am to like my hair that particular wash and I can see myself having that same urge if I couldn't encourage my natural curl pattern towards a 3. I love to see 2's working to enhance their curl pattern though because I love curls. Here's a recent pic of freshly washed (poo bar, acv rinse, loc) and air dried:
http://imgur.com/I0T8TyT

two_wheels
June 1st, 2014, 08:57 AM
BonnieU you have my dream hair! (As we're dreaming, here, I'd like it to be like that when I wake up with no fuss or styling)

*wakes up* it's lovely :D

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 08:58 AM
LOVELY pic!! It is fun (well.. "fun") to see that the other end of the 2 spectrum has the same going on!

Yeah I will never get it to do that. I am going to try the oil the night before washing/shampoo only and then a WEE bit of leave in again. It felt to me as if my hair keeps the definition better with the leave-in than without.

I hope more people will post the comparison pictures, I love them, and it is good to learn from them and accept my own silly mane a bit better.

It is quite something.. 40 some years of straight and then what I am sporting now, I do hope the feeling of ratty goes away sometime though.. maybe I should just add something.. haha.. I clipped a siderose (right behind the ear) in a little while ago.. that worked so much better on my rat nest than it would on my sleekies :lol:

BonnieU
June 1st, 2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm always on the search for what makes me curlier! Sometimes I think it's just accepting what you view as not pretty/neat/etc and realizing that there is someone out there that would kill for your texture! It's reeeally difficult though...there's always someone's hair you want more than your own ;)

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Hahaha.. right now I just want to accept my new hair and not have it look better on another person (that is what it is like when looking at pictures you know). I find myself looking at other peoples hair and thinking: yeah that is what my hair does too.. it looks good on her, why don't I like mine?? It looks the same (and dare I say sometimes even better!).

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 10:24 AM
eadwine from what i see your hair as wet looks close up curlier patterned than my does, then again i never had my hair photographed that close and wet . hmmm i think i shall do that next time after washing . I am curious now :D So if i was told I do like that we have similarities in a hair and similarities in a thinking. Kinda makes it " i'm not alone". I was for 32 years thinking i am the fluffy straigh haired girl :D When my hair is 2B , yours is too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't change your stat i will change mine to lower ;)

I cut my hair just under my shoulders few years ago , i hated it madly! My hair refused to do anything for the first days after washing, would look like it wanted to run away from me hahaha

StellaKatherine
June 1st, 2014, 10:25 AM
BonnieU you hair is my perseption about wavy hair in ideal!!! LOOOOOOVE it <3

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
eadwine from what i see your hair as wet looks close up curlier patterned than my does, then again i never had my hair photographed that close and wet . hmmm i think i shall do that next time after washing . I am curious now :D
Do take the picture yes, sounds like a fun thing to do to compare these things :D

That curlier pattern I actually felt much better in the shower without doing the conditioner thing, I could feel the "structure" so to speak, instead of it being a big mass. Oh man I might end up having a lot of product that I won't use :lol:

So if i was told I do like that we have similarities in a hair and similarities in a thinking. Kinda makes it " i'm not alone". I was for 32 years thinking i am the fluffy straigh haired girl :D When my hair is 2B , yours is too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't change your stat i will change mine to lower ;)
Hahahaha don't change on account of me now because I have a hard time accepting it still ;) but yeah.. the feeling about it and the UHHH WOT? is there as well.

I don't think I am too fluffy thank goodness though my hair does do the boom thing now I am not combing and leaving it to dry as a 2, when I then comb it goes a bit big. When I comb it right away out of the shower it goes to being a 1 and it doesn't go boom so much.

Did that sentence just make sense??

I cut my hair just under my shoulders few years ago , i hated it madly! My hair refused to do anything for the first days after washing, would look like it wanted to run away from me hahaha
I started out a long hair as shoulder length, my pattern doesn't seem to show up until I am at a certain length. I had some flippy things back when I was growing out the bangs as a kid, but that was it.

It is kind of like.. people grow hair reaaaally long.. like hip or something.. and only THEN start sporting spirals in the last few inches. SO weird, they did grow out of your head first, how can they change NOW? Not that I don't believe them, but it is the exaggerated thing of what I experience with my hair. :)

How IS this possible actually.. it is just dumbfounding to me :)

LongHairLesbian
June 1st, 2014, 02:57 PM
100% straightie popping in to say that I'm so jelly! :lol: I'm constantly trying to put and keep wave in my hair, I rarely wear my unaltered texture. Cutting out cones has helped with getting my hair to hold texture better, but when left to dry naturally with no manipulation but finger combing... it still dries completely straight. :( Nothing makes me feel like I'm having a good hair day more than letting out hair that's been in braids for 2 full days with no manipulation other than finger combing, to find 2b-2c waves. :)

molljo
June 1st, 2014, 08:00 PM
I think what you guys are feeling is 100% normal for wavy hair. A very common theme for people discovering they are wavy is that there's an element of feeling a bit like an imposter. Most waves need to be babied to an extent, a weird balance of getting the products and washing/conditioning/drying techniques just right and leaving it the heck alone. It can feel like getting all of this right, what seems like a magic, alchemical process, for your best hair seems just as dishonest as heat styling sometimes. If it takes much less effort to get my hair to look nice straight than wavy, then surely it's just straight? But, that's the nature of waves. It's not lying; you're not an imposter.

eadwine
June 1st, 2014, 10:57 PM
Thank you molljo!!

LongHairLesbian: it is easier getting the waves going on the hair than KEEPING them, which is what I am trying to accomplish. Good to hear you get some good braid waves :)

Next morning shampoo only hair looks better than the shampoo + conditioner hair. Wait and see where this all leads haha. Going to try various things in any case, in due time :)

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Ok made a photo of my hair wet and from close by. I still think your hair has more curl than i do eadwine!!! And i kinda feel that after my deep oiling today, my hair actually less curly ? Maybe more straighted ? I am not too sure, it is still drying so we will see....

Compleately wet

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140605_212624.jpg

Finger combed

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140605_213909.jpg

lapushka
June 5th, 2014, 01:23 PM
eadwine from what i see your hair as wet looks close up curlier patterned than my does, then again i never had my hair photographed that close and wet . hmmm i think i shall do that next time after washing . I am curious now :D So if i was told I do like that we have similarities in a hair and similarities in a thinking. Kinda makes it " i'm not alone". I was for 32 years thinking i am the fluffy straigh haired girl :D When my hair is 2B , yours is too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't change your stat i will change mine to lower ;)

Your hair is definitely 2b, StellaKatherine! And all the way in my teens I thought I had straight but difficult wild fluffy hair that always poofed up when there was the least bit of moisture in the air (foggy days even). It took me until I was in my thirties to realize what my texture was and that my hair was actually wavy! So don't feel bad. You'll get there. Little changes in your routine can already make a big difference, take your time to explore. Curly girl is really nice, and there are many modifications to make the method your own. My method is in my signature... for example. ;)

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Your hair is definitely 2b, StellaKatherine! And all the way in my teens I thought I had straight but difficult wild fluffy hair that always poofed up when there was the least bit of moisture in the air (foggy days even). It took me until I was in my thirties to realize what my texture was and that my hair was actually wavy! So don't feel bad. You'll get there. Little changes in your routine can already make a big difference, take your time to explore. Curly girl is really nice, and there are many modifications to make the method your own. My method is in my signature... for example. ;)

Sound's like you've talking about me :) I am in my early 30s right now. All my life I thought and was told to have a straight unmanagable hair. I guess this summer for me would be full of experiments :D

eadwine
June 5th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Yup that looks like my hair. hehe

Also oil and gel when applied on wet hair makes the curlies go limper. I have no idea what it will do when I apply either of them on the shampoo only hair though. Wait and see, it really is a trial and error process :)

lapushka
June 5th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Sound's like you've talking about me :) I am in my early 30s right now. All my life I thought and was told to have a straight unmanagable hair. I guess this summer for me would be full of experiments :D

Yes, do try various things for your hair! I'm in my early forties now and fully enjoying my hair. Ever since my late thirties! It took a lot of time, but now I've fully come to terms with its wild texture!

Yup that looks like my hair. hehe

Also oil and gel when applied on wet hair makes the curlies go limper. I have no idea what it will do when I apply either of them on the shampoo only hair though. Wait and see, it really is a trial and error process :)

It really is trial and error! My routine has been the same for a number of years now, but it was an experiment at first as well. And I remember trying so many things in the very beginning! Like CO, and CWC, whathaveyou...

eadwine
June 5th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah.. I never in my dreams would have thought I'd become a shampoo only gal. Apparently my hair is weighed down by pretty much everything but the kitchen sink :lol:

StellaKatherine
June 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Here my hair dried out.

Inside photo with flash as there is no sun outside anymore. I must say that when the hair started drying out the ends started to curl again ? And i kinda feel like my hair has more body, looks thicker ? I actually kinda like the wail coconut oil has softened my waves! They might not be as defined as on non oiled hair, but this one i haven't even combed and the hair feels so soft and not so much fluffy and still the mount looks bigger ? :o

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140605_230638.jpg

Crumpet
June 5th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Wow, I can relate to a lot of what is on this thread. I thought my hair was 'fluffy' before (a word a lot of you have used too!). An ex-boyfriend actually called me 'fluffy' sometimes because of my hair (which he loved). I also feel like a bit of a wavy imposter at times since I went through life thinking that I had unmanageable hair, wondering why it was so bad about laying straight. Oops!

The issue I have is that I wear my hair up most of the time, which destroys the natural wave pattern. My hair takes on the bun waves, which is kind of cool, but I wish I could hold on to my waves somehow. They just feel so elusive!

lapushka
June 5th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah.. I never in my dreams would have thought I'd become a shampoo only gal. Apparently my hair is weighed down by pretty much everything but the kitchen sink :lol:

Oh gosh! Thanks for making me LOL! :lol:

Here my hair dried out.

Inside photo with flash as there is no sun outside anymore. I must say that when the hair started drying out the ends started to curl again ? And i kinda feel like my hair has more body, looks thicker ? I actually kinda like the wail coconut oil has softened my waves! They might not be as defined as on non oiled hair, but this one i haven't even combed and the hair feels so soft and not so much fluffy and still the mount looks bigger ? :o

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140605_230638.jpg

Very pretty wavy texture!!! :D

Wow, I can relate to a lot of what is on this thread. I thought my hair was 'fluffy' before (a word a lot of you have used too!). An ex-boyfriend actually called me 'fluffy' sometimes because of my hair (which he loved). I also feel like a bit of a wavy imposter at times since I went through life thinking that I had unmanageable hair, wondering why it was so bad about laying straight. Oops!

The issue I have is that I wear my hair up most of the time, which destroys the natural wave pattern. My hair takes on the bun waves, which is kind of cool, but I wish I could hold on to my waves somehow. They just feel so elusive!

My waves fall out as the week goes by, as well. I wear it up most of the time, though, so it barely matters. :)

FireFromWithin
June 5th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Ooh, I've been posting a pic of my hair from the other day. Won't post it here as I'm planning to do some experimenting but I went to bed with wet hair and just laid it out behind me on the pillow as usual and woke up with wavy/ curly hair. There were even a few ringlets! I'd try full CG but it seems like so much effort and my hair doesn't look bad combed out, weirdly it doesn't particularly go frizzy either way. I'll have to try plopping and maybe clipping to see if it makes a difference but I can't sleep on it like that so it'll be a weekend job I feel.

Strangely my hair gets more curly if I oil it...

eadwine
June 5th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Interesting how everyone's hair reacts differently to the same products. I really wonder now what it is going to do with shampoo only and pruduct :)