PDA

View Full Version : My hair texture is changing!

Henna Girl
May 30th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Did this happen to any of you LHCers?
since I joined a few months ago and since I started to take more care of my hair I noticed that my hair type and texture is changing a lot. I always thought I had a type 1a until a few weeks after I joined I began seeing some kind of wave, I changed my type to 1b-c. Now, I am starting to see more waves and I think I am starting to look more like 1c-2a. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong. BTW, I stopped sls and cones and stretched my washes from daily to 2 times a week. Thanks for your feedback.

ErinLeigh
May 30th, 2014, 01:33 AM
I have noticed several people on here finding waves after thinking they were straight.
I am dealing with opposite. My hair is getting straighter and smoother. I used to have a lot of wave whuch now I think could have been frizz from porosity causing my hair to wave.
I am going to give it a bit more time since I do use chemicals on hair, but if it keeps like this I will have to change my hair type as well officially.

Henna Girl
May 30th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Exactly ErinLeigh. I am going to wait and see before I am sure. My hair hasn't been that long since I was twelve. Maybe the waves are showing more as the hair is getting longer :confused:

woodswanderer
May 30th, 2014, 04:15 AM
I think my hair was about 1b before joining. Learning to moisturize made a huge difference.

HumanBean
May 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM
I think this is fairly common, actually.

Henna Girl
May 30th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one.

twiglet
May 30th, 2014, 09:05 AM
This definitely happened to me! But my hair has gotten smoother, softer, and more manageable since I started to take care of it and has lost it's frizz.

Kaelee
May 30th, 2014, 09:09 AM
My hair was wavier when I went cone-free for a while. It never got truly wavy though- except when I'm at my grandparents house, something in the water there (or lacking in the water there) makes my hair really wavy!

chen bao jun
May 30th, 2014, 09:19 AM
From the opposite end, I joined being very sure that I was type 4 something. then I found my hair was still curly, as it was in in childhood and put myself down as a type 3c. but it gets looser and looser as it gets moisturized properly. However, I decided not to worry about what it is exactly because there is a type 4 stigma out there on the part of some tightly curlies that I don't even want to SEEM to be a part of (don't want to seem to be avoiding being type 4, which I think is beautiful). I just call myself 'tightly curly' now and watch while it sorts itself out.
My gray hair which is coming in faster and faster doesn't seem curly at all though--just wavy. I'm hoping I don't lose all my curl. this happened to a couple of my aunts when they greyed. I can't think why on earth.
I do need to change my signifiers but can't find the spot--so computer illiterate. I want to change the pic now too.