PDA

View Full Version : Get henna out of Jeans?

Toffeemonster
May 28th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Does anyone think there's any chance or trick to get henna out of my light blue jeans? I managed to drop two big blobs and they've stained :(

I don't know what I was thinking wearing them, I was in a rush.

Anje
May 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Have you tried just running them through the wash yet? I'm seriously messy when I henna, but I haven't had any problems with it staining cotton. (That said, I have dark towels and make a point of using them for henna...)

I may be the only one, but I apply henna nude, usually standing in the bathtub. Shower off the glops that land on my body, then get dressed. It's the only way, IMO!

Toffeemonster
May 29th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah they've been through one wash cycle. I did it in the shower the first time but somehow found it messier than if I'm sat still in front of a mirror, I managed to cover half the bathroom hehe

Schneckschjen
May 29th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Try to give water on it which is rich of carbonic acid. This liberates the partikels normally. It also helps to clean white t-shirts from tomato spots.

Shatam1
May 29th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Citric acid rubbed on a stain also helps to remove it.. Don't forget to wet the stain before rubbing citric acid. Also baking soda helps in the same way... Have you tied something like "spot shot" or "spray and wash"??? I also never had any issues with henna staining clothes or counters but I also apply it wearing an old black Tshirt and pants.. I call it my henna uniform:)

lilliemer
May 29th, 2014, 05:18 PM
You could try hydrogen peroxide - but you might want to patch test it on a low visibility area of the jeans first to make sure it doesn't also remove the jeans dye.

Beborani
May 30th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Something alkaline like baking soda. Or solvent like turpentine.