PDA

View Full Version : Help! What is my hairtype?

StellaKatherine
May 27th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone. I am little confused with deciding what kind of a hairtype my hair is.:confused: Here is my hair washed before going to bed and photo taken in the morning with good amount of brushing. People usually think that i have huge amount of hair, but actually i have only about 7,5-8 cm but hair looks big when open. It is not compleately straight and not curly eather. I do get some little curls with the shortest of my hair and my hair even this long can be easily curled. So what do you think ?:D

ps. On my signature photo my hair was braided.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10336766_736357769747986_1682340944839065821_n.jpg

StellaKatherine
May 27th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I personally call my hair fluffy lol

Wosie
May 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM
It's hair which is slept on and brushed, so I daren't say. I think you might be a 2b, unbrushed. :hmm: This is just speculations, but I can surely see some waves trying to form, and their wavelength is somewhat short.

The idea of hairtyping is to wash the hair and let it drip-dry, without any additional manipulation (e.g. brushing, which tends to dramatically straighten out any possible wave one might have).

I would really like to see your hair in its natural state. :)

florenonite
May 27th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Given the fluffiness after being slept on and brushed, I'd guess you're somewhere in the 2s, at least.

As Wosie said above, hair-typing photos should be taken of hair that has had as little manipulation as possible since it was last washed, to let your natural texture show.

Paranda Belle
May 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Second the 2a/2b. But you really do need to judge it when it's not brushed or slept on. The waves tend to fall out of my hair after I've brushed it or put it in an unbraided bun.

StellaKatherine
May 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Ok :) The next time i wash my hair i will let it dry itself without brushing and take a photo then :D

StellaKatherine
May 29th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Ok. I've done like you said. Washed and then only with fingers detangled my hair and let it dry. I am actually suprised on the pattern of my hair! I usually always detangle with a wide comb... I have even one strand wanting badly to curl :D :cheer:

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140529_192155.jpg

Hele
May 29th, 2014, 12:33 PM
aww, i love that little loopdy loop strand on the left! You look like a slightly wavier version of my uncombed hair, so i'm gonna go with 2b or 2c. You're definitely not a 1a or 1 b, that's for certain!

Narya
May 29th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I say 2b. I don't think the slightly spirally ends qualify as a 2c, but you sure have a good amount of wave!

Wosie
May 29th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Beautiful wave pattern! :D And yes, I stand by my 2b! Now I would advise for you to try out the Curly Girl method, you have a very wavy time in front of you. :cheer:

StellaKatherine
May 29th, 2014, 01:42 PM
aww, i love that little loopdy loop strand on the left! You look like a slightly wavier version of my uncombed hair, so i'm gonna go with 2b or 2c. You're definitely not a 1a or 1 b, that's for certain!

Hahaha, i do get spiral curls with the shorter hairs when my hair is in braid, but didn't expect that little loop strand to appear on that lenght. I guess i know nothing about my hair in the end :) Then again i shouldn't be so suprised about me having some waves after all as my mom is very curly and both my sisters have waves+ curls. It just i have long hair since 5 years old and always brush it out, and never actually see the way it really is. Was interesting. I actually liked how much easier it was to comb my hair when first letting it to dry by itself! I think i am starting a new trend with my hair :)

StellaKatherine
May 29th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Beautiful wave pattern! :D And yes, I stand by my 2b! Now I would advise for you to try out the Curly Girl method, you have a very wavy time in front of you. :cheer:

Omng i always wanted a wavy hair without even knowing i had it ? Wow, that is something i didn't expect to happen :D Ok looks like i need to learn next what Curly Girl method is :D I am kinda Happy Happy Joy Joy now :D

lapushka
May 29th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I'm going to go with 2b. If there are ringlets, true curls in there somewhere, then you might even be 2c.

Anje
May 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Gorgeous waves! I think I'd call it 2b for now, but it seems like a short wavelength for 2b. You might be able to get it to go even wavier (2c at least) if you try some of those curlygirl techniques!

Sharysa
May 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM
You're definitely in the 2b/c range! There are actually a lot of Curly Girl variations floating around, but the basic idea is to 1) start conditioner-only washing, or 2) shampoo the scalp, then condition the length after rinsing it out. Most curly/wavy-haired people detangle their hair in the shower because it keeps from pulling all the wave out or frizzing it up.

On days that they don't wash, a lot of us use wide-toothed combs or just finger-comb our hair.

DweamGoiL
May 29th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I agree with the others and would like to state I like your natural texture WAY better than the brushed out one ;)

spidermom
May 29th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Take that 1a/1b off your stats; you are most definitely a 2. I'd say 2B at least, maybe 2C.

StellaKatherine
May 29th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Take that 1a/1b off your stats; you are most definitely a 2. I'd say 2B at least, maybe 2C.

Trying to take it off but eather my computer or the site doesn't let me do that, but i am trying ;)

StellaKatherine
May 29th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I agree with the others and would like to state I like your natural texture WAY better than the brushed out one ;)

I never let before my hair to dry that way without brushing it all out! One the weird thing was that my hair feels much better after i did so. It take longer time to dry without brushing through, but it seems my hair likes that more so looks i am changing my hairdrying ways :D And thank you <3

StellaKatherine
May 29th, 2014, 09:28 PM
You're definitely in the 2b/c range! There are actually a lot of Curly Girl variations floating around, but the basic idea is to 1) start conditioner-only washing, or 2) shampoo the scalp, then condition the length after rinsing it out. Most curly/wavy-haired people detangle their hair in the shower because it keeps from pulling all the wave out or frizzing it up.

On days that they don't wash, a lot of us use wide-toothed combs or just finger-comb our hair.

I should really try that one! Kinda geting excited, something new to look forward with the hair :D Is it normal to get excited with your own hair ? Two days ago i was almost depressed hahaha

ravenheather
May 30th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the wavy world. I always thought I had straight hair too. My first typing pic was just above shoulder length and it was very flippy. Your natural texture is lovely.

StellaKatherine
May 30th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the wavy world. I always thought I had straight hair too. My first typing pic was just above shoulder length and it was very flippy. Your natural texture is lovely.

Thank you so much for such a warm welcoming! Yeah it is interesting how wrong we can actually be when it comes to our hair! I feel there is so much to read, so much to learn, so much to try for the first time! I am definitely will try to celebrate my waves as just as i can :D I am over the top excited !