PDA

View Full Version : Slooowwww growers...Rant here

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2014, 01:35 AM
It's been two weeks since i hennaed and i'm not seeing any roots right now.

No growth in two weeks? Nice.

I'd like to share my frustration with fellow stallers :( Who else feels like hair isn't growing at all?

diddiedaisy
May 26th, 2014, 02:23 AM
My hair grows 1cm per month whatever I do. What I have noticed though is the first two weeks after I dye growth is super slow and will be a couple of mm's. Then the next two weeks it grows the rest of the cm. I usually redye when I have 1cm of growth which is why I know this.

This time round I'm late doing my hair and it's following the same pattern. Not much for 2 weeks, spurt for 2 weeks.

I know 1cm per month isn't too much below the average but when you compare it to those growing 1 inch per month it is snail pace.

You may find that you have a pattern similar to mine. Or if usually grows consistently all the time it may be taking a few weeks off and do all it's monthly growth in a quick spurt.

I do feel your frustration though!!

KittyBird
May 26th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I know.. It sucks, but I've gotten used to it. It's been around 2 weeks since I dyed, and I can't see any roots either. They'll pop up soon enough, they always do. Don't know about your hair, but mine seems to grow in spurts. Hardly any growth for a while, then I get lots, then it slows down again, and so on. It felt like my hair didn't grow at all last year because that, but in reality I grew from Hip+ to tailbone. Your hair will get there :)

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Now i wonder if dyeing the hair causes stalling? :( Looks like all three of us stall after some kind of dye (herbal or not)

Dessi
May 26th, 2014, 03:23 AM
I feel like I don't even get one cm per month. Maybe 0.5 cm. (Which is strange cuz for the last year my hair has grown 7 inches). Let's say I was at 82 cm three months ago and now I'm at 84 cm. Maybe my hair grows super fast during the summer and super slow during the winter. We'll see.. summer is coming :D

LadyCelestina
May 26th, 2014, 05:24 AM
There was a thread by one member who claimed to have most of her monthly length gain after her period or before her period or something like that...
I mean yes it sounds odd but I don't recall seeing roots any sooner than cca. a month from last dye ( when I used dye) ,and I checked because I heard stories from people here about noticing roots two weeks after they dyed their hair xD

momschicklets
May 26th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I see myself as a slow(ish) grower as it takes me exactly 5 weeks to get half an inch. I also dye my hair to cover gray, and I *never* see my roots for at least two weeks. I sort of feel like I'm in this cycle of dye, stall, grow....dye, stall, grow. Although that's probably not really happening, it's just my perception. I try to look at it like, well at least my grays make their appearance slowly so I get more time without them!

chen bao jun
May 26th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I'm not a slow grower but my curls eat my length. Remind myself I love having curls to avoid frustration. You all have long hair in spite of the wait...

ravenheather
May 26th, 2014, 06:54 AM
My hair has grown one inch in 5 months. I can only hope it's just my longest fairytales shedding out, and not (God forbid) that I am approaching terminal at bsl. Gulp, that is my hair nightmare.

höpönasu
May 26th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I feel like my hair grows better in Winter time. I thought Summer time would encourage hair to grow.

T-Red
May 26th, 2014, 08:24 PM
My hair growth rate is ok, but the left side is slower than the right, and the back much slower than top. Don't want to trim for as long as I can, but I don't need to add anymore awkward to the awkward stage...

ErinLeigh
May 26th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I usually never see roots at the 2 week mark. I don't know if it is trick of the eye or what..because by the end of the full month, (well actually 5 weeks in my case, I grow .5 inches every 5 weeks) there are noticeable half inch roots every time.
Either we super grow the last 2-3 weeks and not the 1st 2...or 1/8-1/4 inch just isn't enough to notice on colored hair yet. I used to wonder if the dye somehow got into the follicle and I grew the first 1/8 inch of color. I know its not true but I could never explain it either. I am glad though. I would hate to do roots every 2 weeks.

LauraLongLocks
May 26th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Is it really growing slow or am I just impatient? I want to have hair that grows .75" a month, and sometimes mine does that. Other times, it only grows .25" a month. Twice this year it only made a quarter inch gain in a month. Last fall it was growing three quarters an inch a month for several consecutive months. Maybe mine just grows faster in the fall than it does in the winter and spring? Or maybe it is related to my protein intake/diet?

Charybdis
May 27th, 2014, 12:49 AM
My growth rate slows way down when I am super-stressed. I don't get stress-induced sheds, but I definitely get stress-induced stalls -- had a big one last year.

midbackorbust
May 27th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone, I'm happy I'm in good company! :)

I've been around BSL for seriously over a year now. I think I'm starting to finally get a bit lower but jeez is it sloooooow.

AdaClare
May 27th, 2014, 09:18 AM
My growth rate it pretty slow, too. I used to measure more regularly, but got discouraged and got out of the habit. :\

diddiedaisy
May 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I don't measure the length anymore either. I always get the same measurement even though you clearly see it's longer lol. I do measure my roots though juuuuust in case it squeezes a bit more monthly growth out. It never does though !!!

HintOfMint
May 27th, 2014, 09:59 AM
My hair grows half an inch a month, no more no less. It's bang in the middle of average which is comforting in that it's predictable, but annoying in that I know exactly how long it will take me to grow out to my goal length and it's a long time.

jacqueline101
May 27th, 2014, 10:19 AM
My hair has seemed to stall why I don't know. I'm hoping it will grow due to benign neglect and going back to my old routine.

KaleidoscopeEyz
May 27th, 2014, 10:25 AM
My hair grows reallllly slow too. About a half inch in 5-6 weeks. My sides and top grow the slowest so every time I've had face framing or a mullet cut into my hair *shudders* it never grows out....like right now. I wish there was a way to move things along quicker. Maybe my hair grows a teeeensy bit faster in the summer, but where I live there is only about 3 months tops of warm weather and the rest of the year is freezing. :(

AmyBeth
May 27th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Mine grows very slowly, only a little less than 1/4 inch per month. And if I don't microtrim, I guess it breaks off almost as fast as it grows, so I'm forced to microtrim 1/4 inch every few months. So my net growth is agonizingly slow. I tried monistat and it punched the growth rate up for a couple of months, and then the benefits seemed to peeter out. Scalp massage helps a tiny bit, so I keep that up. Patience is my only recourse, besides putting it up and forgetting about it. I so envy those with faster growing hair!

TheHowlingWolf
May 28th, 2014, 04:46 PM
My hair has barely been growing/hasn't grown at all lately & it's so annoying! I'm only 4" away from my goal! I'm thinking about trying monistat again!

Gardezbien
May 28th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Mine grows like molasses in winter. I have heard a rumor that wearing it in updos cause it to grow faster. I have no idea if that's true.

LauraLongLocks
May 28th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Wearing it up doesn't cause the follicles to put hair out any faster. It helps preserve what length you have so that it isn't getting mechanical damage. It also hides it from your view, so you aren't as likely to notice exactly how long it is. When you wear it down only occasionally, you are pleasantly surprised to see the progress you have made.

ETA: Forgot to welcome you, as I see you are fairly new here, Gardezbien.

vanillabones
May 28th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I think I've been midback length for a year. Any further and it just gets scraggly... looks like terminal to me but I'm hoping it's just damage and I need a new routine to grow it longer. I trim about every 4 months 1" the last time and it grows back the quality just doesn't improve.. it looks bad and is kind of embarassing.