PDA

View Full Version : DHT Blocker

Robbi Dehlinger
March 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hi all!

I started using DHT Blocker about 3 weeks ago, and, miracle of miracles, I am already seeing results!

For those of you who do not know, DHT is a testoterone-based hormone which causes hair loss is both men and women.

If this stuff can help me get back a full head of hair, I will be VERY happy. Stay tuned! My own hair is now about collar length and looks MUCH healthier than the last time I grew it out!:)

BTW, like my avitar and photo album?

God Bless,

Robbi

pookatrina
March 19th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Glad to hear it's working well for you!

Robbi Dehlinger
March 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Glad to hear it's working well for you!

Thank you!

I can haordly wait to get to your length! So pretty!

susiemw
June 30th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hi all!

I started using DHT Blocker about 3 weeks ago, and, miracle of miracles, I am already seeing results!

For those of you who do not know, DHT is a testoterone-based hormone which causes hair loss is both men and women.

Inquiring minds want to know......:) how are you doing with the DHT?

Susan

Robbi Dehlinger
July 1st, 2008, 10:14 AM
Hi!

Still using it and still getting one inch of growth per month. I can see the bare area slooooowly shrinking, but mostly by hair has gotten very thick and fluffly.

I LOVE it!:)

jojo
July 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM
oh how wonderful Robbi, thats great news. Hope you continue to get excellent growth! xx

susiemw
July 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
Congratulations, That is wonderful!!

Susan

vidgrl007
July 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
:eek:Congrats hun, that is awsome:).

lora410
July 2nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
I have always wondered about that and now I know! Congrats on great results :D

DavidN
July 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Congratulations on your success with the DHT blocker, Robbi, and I take a daily dose of propecia myself.

Robbi Dehlinger
July 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Congratulations on your success with the DHT blocker, Robbi, and I take a daily dose of propecia myself.

Glad that works for you, but if you use that stuff, the local blood banks cannot accept your blood. I am the only one in my family who can give it:):p

Merkaba
August 5th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I take an over the counter DHT blocker, and it has been working great. I wasnt losing hair, but I had horrible acne and greasy limp hair. When I started taking the pills, both those things went away.

Gilly
August 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hi,

You look great in your album!!!
Great news on the DHT blocker, I am so glad its working for you.
I also realised that I had not added you as a friend! Don't know how I missed it, must have been one of my many senior blonde moments!! :whistle: I have sorted it now :flowers:

Robbi Dehlinger
August 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Hi!

Well, it is OK, cuz you added it now:)

I hope I can keep up this rate of growth, cuz I will be at waist length or longer very quickly:)

Robbi Dehlinger
August 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I take an over the counter DHT blocker, and it has been working great. I wasnt losing hair, but I had horrible acne and greasy limp hair. When I started taking the pills, both those things went away.

good for ya!

I am sure the fo-ti which is included in the mix does not hurt its effectiveness?:cheese:

zaftig2k
August 7th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Robbi,

What is the brand name of the product that you are taking? Is it prescription? Pill, tonic, etc.? I use Nioxin shampoo which has a topical DHT blocker and works well, just curious what you take. :)

Thanks!

Islandgrrl
August 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hi!

Well, it is OK, cuz you added it now:)

I hope I can keep up this rate of growth, cuz I will be at waist length or longer very quickly:)

Okay Robbi.....the suspense is killing me...how long is it now? And do we get pics??? :)

Robbi Dehlinger
August 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Robbi,

What is the brand name of the product that you are taking? Is it prescription? Pill, tonic, etc.? I use Nioxin shampoo which has a topical DHT blocker and works well, just curious what you take. :)

Thanks!

It is called Nu Hair and is a herbal supplement, taken in pill form. It is sold over the counter at Walgreens and CVS Drugstores (Among other places)

Hope it helps?

:cool:

Robbi Dehlinger
August 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Okay Robbi.....the suspense is killing me...how long is it now? And do we get pics??? :)

Hi!

Current length is on my profile? I have a very large balding area on top, but will try and get some pix after it shrinks a bit:)

Kissez

Islandgrrl
August 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hi!

Current length is on my profile? I have a very large balding area on top, but will try and get some pix after it shrinks a bit:)

Kissez

Oh, yes, how did I miss that??? Sheesh!

Well, I hope the treatments help. No bald Robbi.

Kissez back atcha!

thankyousir74
August 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hmm I didn't know that you can take something to avoid hair loss! Even if it is age related? Now I know for when I am older, maybe a head full of gloriously long white hair *will* be possible...

ChloeDharma
August 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Hmm I didn't know that you can take something to avoid hair loss! Even if it is age related? Now I know for when I am older, maybe a head full of gloriously long white hair *will* be possible...

It certainly is, so relax :)

Robbi, i'm really pleased you are finding success with this and without relying on the harsher chemical ones.
Have you tried adding in things like scalp massage or going over your thinner area with a BBB daily? I'm a big believer in scalp circulation making a difference. But 1 inch growth a month....that's fantastic!

yogachic
August 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I've never heard of DHT blocker, but I get the jist of what it is. An inch per month, you should be long in no time at that rate.

Robbi Dehlinger
August 13th, 2008, 06:46 PM
One thing for sure, I am NOT complaining?? LOL

susiemw
August 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
For those who are curious about the ingredients, here they are:

Nu Hair Follicle Stimulating Botanical Blend , Ginkgo - Ginkgo Biloba - Leaf , Horsetail Extract - Equisetum Arvense - Whole Plant , Horse Chestnut Extract - Aesculus Hippocastanum - Seed , Uva Ursi - Arcostaphylos Uva-Ursi - Leaf , Black Cohosh Extract - Cimifuga Racemosa - Root , Burdock Extract - Arctium Lappa - Root , Cayenne - Capsicum Frutescens - Fruit , Cellulose , Dibasic Calcium Phosphate , Cellulose Gum , Stearic Acid , Magnesium Stearate , Silica , Methylcellulose , Cornstarch , Glycerin

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size 1 tablet
Servings Per Container 50

Calories

Calories from Fat

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*

Vitamin A (as Acetate) 50.0% %
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 10.0 mg 50.0% %
Vitamin B6 (from Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 5.0 mg 250.0% %
Biotin 700.0 mcg 233.0% %
Pantothenic Acid (from D-Calcium Pantothenate and Nonfat Dry Milk) 100.0 mg 1000.0% %
He Shou Wu (Fo-ti) 12:1 Powdered Extract (Polygonum multiflorum) (root) 325.0 mg % %
Nu Hair Follicle Stimulating Botanical Blend 195.0 mg % %
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen (Cod, Haddock, Hake, Pollock) 125.0 mg % %
Kudzu Extract (Pueraria lobata) (root) 25.0 mg % %
Bioprene Black Pepper Extract (Piper Nigrum) (Root) 1.0 mg % %

shellblue1
August 18th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Can anyone use this product? I don't have any hair loss problems right now but on my dad's side of the family some of the women have had thinning hair as they have aged.

naliniraghavan
August 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I am an old member here.I had a son an year back and since then have been busy with my life.
Actually I am wondering about the DHT effects on our hair.It has a thinning effect on our hair.I remember when i was a child my hair used to be so thick that even in school others used to be jealous of me.Then one day as my mother was combing my hair I was screaming as it hurt a lot to take the tangles off and my father demanded that she gets my hair cut or else he would not eat.So my mother chopped my hair off.This was when I was a kid.My hair grew but today it is much thinner.I was thinking if DHT has any effect on this or is it usually for older women that DHT comes into play.I am wondering as most of us had think hair once as a child but grow up to have thinner hair.

Tabitha
August 20th, 2008, 01:23 PM
There might be some information in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1232) that is of interest to you :flower:

truepeacenik
August 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
why did you link back to THIS very thread???

LaurelSpring
August 21st, 2008, 09:07 AM
Robbi,

Did you get the Nu Hair in the pink box for women or the one in the gray box that says DHT Blocker. I went by CVS last night and I got the one in pink for women. I was just wondering which one gave you such good growth. I figured I would start with the pink one and see how that goes. It looked like the other one was more heavy duty. Right now I am doing some unusually heavy shedding and I am hoping to stop it or at least slow it down.

nastasska
August 21st, 2008, 09:21 AM
That's great news:) You might also be interested in this

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Clearskincare-acne-scar-hair-loss_Hair-Restoration_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I'm using the Roller on my scarring and already seeing results:)

Robbi Dehlinger
August 21st, 2008, 10:40 AM
so many kewl things out there to help combat hair loss these days:)

Tabitha
August 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
why did you link back to THIS very thread???

naliniraghavan started a new thread entitled DHT Blockers (plural) with her post (above, post #27) to which I replied suggesting she look at the thread that Robbi started on DHT Blocker (singular). Since then a sharp eyed mod has obviously merged the new thread with the old.