PDA

View Full Version : Scritching scalp with tangle teezer during shower?

Dreams_in_Pink
May 23rd, 2014, 03:09 PM
I've been doing this and it really seems to help get rid of flakes. My scalp feels nice and clean when i do this. After i get my hair wet, i place tangle teezer on my head and move it back and forth like vibrating motion. When i'm done with that part, i repeat it on a different area on my head. I go over my whole scalp this way.

Does this damage my hair? What do you think?

FYI, I'm going WO so my hair and scalp are coated with a decent amount of oil.

mamaherrera
May 23rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
i do this every time I shower with shampoo. I put in my low poo and I use my mini-scalp denman brush and scritch, I like it and I think it helps get off extra dead skin that likes to stay in there. I think it's better than fingers, because you don't have to worry about some long fingernail or missing a spot, it's easier to get it all clean

MeowScat
May 23rd, 2014, 09:47 PM
That sounds like a good idea, I'm going to try that tomorrow. It must feel like heaven.

AuthenticSelf
May 23rd, 2014, 10:00 PM
I do this with my denman brush which to me is similar but only when I condition. It's amazing for detangling in the shower.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 24th, 2014, 12:59 AM
This sounds lovely! But I just do a scalp massage with my fingertips.

jacqueline101
May 24th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I did this with my hair bean a year ago. I used it last night and it seemed to tickle my scalp. I might incorporate this into my routine somehow.

Katyusha
May 24th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I think this would be pretty good thread to ask.. I was wondering what is difference between normal tangle teezer and the one meant only for shower?

I meant this one for shower:
http://www.beautyandthedirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Aqua-Splash-Tangle-Teezer-brush.jpg

lapushka
May 24th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I think this would be pretty good thread to ask.. I was wondering what is difference between normal tangle teezer and the one meant only for shower?

I meant this one for shower:
http://www.beautyandthedirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Aqua-Splash-Tangle-Teezer-brush.jpg

The Aqua Splash has a hole inside and is waterproof, so no water will gather inside (which will gather in the original TT, but you can open it and clean it out, so that's also fine). I reckon the Aqua Splash TT will be a little easier in the shower, that's all.

Katyusha
May 25th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Uh ok, I thought I missed something. I use the compact TT even in the shower. Because it has hole in the middle for the lid it's also easy to get water out ;)

KaleidoscopeEyz
May 25th, 2014, 06:31 PM
This is probably an odd question and don't mean to hijack, but am I the only one who's scalp hurts when they use a tangle teezer type brush on it? I have the goody brand version, maybe that makes a difference?

MadeiraD
May 25th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I have a special scalp massager I iuse when I wash and I LOVE it (It's got little spines, not at close together as a TT, and a little stiffer) it gives a great massage.

mary*rose
May 25th, 2014, 10:11 PM
I just bought the goody version, as well, because it was more accessible, and it does not hurt my scalp.

I do mean to try this. I know some people scritch with a comb, but that never worked for me. I think I'll try tomorrow; that's when I CO for the week.

MeowScat
June 15th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Sorry, but I just had to bump this thread.

Ever since I read this suggestion last month, I've been using the Tangle Teezer to scritch my scalp every time I shampoo (sulfate free). It actually lathers the shampoo and cleans my scalp so much better than my fingertips. It feels really good, too. I also do this during my scalp-only washes.

Everyone should try this! Thank you Dreams in Pink! :flowers:

leilani
June 15th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Does scritching mean scratching?

Dreams_in_Pink
June 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Glad it helped you, meowScat :)

Leilani, scritching means "scratching gently" if that makes any sense :)

leilani
June 15th, 2014, 02:23 PM
ahhhh, ok! I just thought it was non-native english speakers making a mistake, and thought it sounded so cute. Then when I noticed it many times I realized that it must not be an error and I ought to ask what it really means!

lapushka
June 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Just wondering. Doesn't the scritching method make you shed more during a wash? I'm just being curious here. :oops:

MeowScat
June 15th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I didn't shed any more than normal, did you, Dreams in Pink?

The only thing I noticed was the first time I did it, I had a few flakes in my hair and I never have any, so it definitely cleaned my scalp better. I've never had the flakes again. I just did it again a few hours ago and my scalp feels so clean.

I make tiny zig-zags with it, I don't spend more than 30 seconds on it.

Dreams_in_Pink
June 16th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Just wondering. Doesn't the scritching method make you shed more during a wash? I'm just being curious here. :oops:

All kinds of scalp handling makes my hair shed. This includes henna, oilings, scalp massage, hair wash, scritching... The reason is probably it loosens the already dead hairs and pulls them out.

CurlMonster
June 16th, 2014, 04:53 AM
This sounds like it wold be nice for the scalp, but I am curious - how do you avoid making a big tangle at the back of your head? I currently scritch/massage with my fingers, and I move in little circular motions towards the back of my head. The problem is that this always seems to form a tangle at the back of my head, because of how the massaging motion moves backwards, if that makes sense. How do you avoid that tangled area? I can only imagine the tangle would be formed even more with a brush than with fingers.

Dreams_in_Pink
June 16th, 2014, 08:05 AM
I don't do circular motions, it's more like very small zig-zag moves back and forth. It can be the culprit :)

Tinalee
June 16th, 2014, 09:28 AM
The one I use is like the kind to massage the scalp, it is soft and feels great, like I got pampered at a spa.

tmolly
September 5th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tip about zig-zag motions. I just got a Tangle Teezer and tried it in the shower to try to distribute my SLS-free, low suds shampoo, but just created tangled bird's nests on my head. :-/ Will try zig-zags next time!