PDA

View Full Version : Shed many little short hairs at once

mamaherrera
May 23rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
I was playing in my hair (don't we all) and I was playing in my temples, templating my new sparklies there (not in a happy way) but anyways, in that short time I was there, like 6-7 of those short hairs from 1.5 inches to 4 inches fell out into the sink. It seemed a lot to me to have that many come out at once. I don 't think it happens daily, I know it doesn't but it bothered me. Does that sound like too many to come from the little temple area???? I don't think I pulled them out, because I wasn't pulling, and I felt no pain, so i doubt I pulled them out. When I pull hair out, my scalp hurts because it's very sensitive.

florenonite
May 23rd, 2014, 12:11 PM
Those short hairs around the face do fall out at a shorter length than the rest of your hair. It sounds to me like these hairs were just about ready to come out, and the extra manipulation made them fall out.

mamaherrera
May 23rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks so much!!!

meteor
May 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Those short hairs around the face do fall out at a shorter length than the rest of your hair. It sounds to me like these hairs were just about ready to come out, and the extra manipulation made them fall out.
I agree! They will grow shorter and fall out earlier (shorter anagen phase).
And that amount sounds pretty normal to me.

mamaherrera
May 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
thanks--now I can quit worrying about it!! I think I had my hands in there too much, but I know hairs don't fall out just from playing, they must have been ready to come out anyways, I just gave them some help.