PDA

View Full Version : For every new length, new experiences

W2
May 23rd, 2014, 03:25 AM
I've never had much longer hair than around APL ever - until 3 years ago, when I started growing for real.

Since then I noticed funy things now and again.

Now I reached waist - wich means that I DON'T feel the ends of my hair cause it's hanging down from around the shoulder blades. But I feel it on my arms. It feels a lot like spiders or something - so sometimes I get a bit freaked out :rolleyes:

Can't wait for it to become so long, that I can feel the ends again - think it will be around classic?

jacqueline101
May 23rd, 2014, 06:40 AM
I understand what you're saying I get freaked out at times when my hair touches my arms. I've thought in the past it was a person touching me. I do like it because it an accomplishment.

neko_kawaii
May 23rd, 2014, 06:47 AM
I've never had much longer hair than around APL ever - until 3 years ago, when I started growing for real.

Since then I noticed funy things now and again.

Now I reached waist - wich means that I DON'T feel the ends of my hair cause it's hanging down from around the shoulder blades. But I feel it on my arms. It feels a lot like spiders or something - so sometimes I get a bit freaked out :rolleyes:

Can't wait for it to become so long, that I can feel the ends again - think it will be around classic?

I started to notice them a little past BCL, I'm a little shy of classic now and they are really obvious. Brushing wrist is also a funny sensation.

Stray_mind
May 23rd, 2014, 07:13 AM
I miss that spidery feeling. I used to feel that when my hair was around MBL. I think you should start feeling your ends at about TBL, no? :)

Kina
May 23rd, 2014, 08:10 AM
I'm growing my bangs out and for now am wearing them off the the side. My hair is curly, so pretty much no idea what it's going do on any given day, but every once in a while, it tickles the side of my face and freak right the eff out.

redredrobin
May 23rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
I am truly in the mid back abyss. I can't think of my last new experience lol.

silverthread
May 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
New experiences: Every month or so I find a toupe wrapped around my vacuum cleaner brush; dog poop hanging by a hair (mine) to my dog's butt; lots of tangling, especially in the wind; comparatively thin hemline given the density of the hair on my scalp. Still, I enjoy having almost BSL.

eadwine
May 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Oh yes! I think that it is one of my cats demanding attention with their paw so I look down and.. nothing.. :lol:

lunalocks
May 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
A bit below BCL you will feel them on your, ugh, behind. it is a satisying feeling!

LauraLongLocks
May 24th, 2014, 07:59 PM
I think that is why MBL to BCL just feels like you aren't growing at all. You can't feel your ends on your back! I'm hoping to feel my ends again in a few months.

ExpectoPatronum
May 25th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I'm slowly working my way out of BSL and into the MBL abyss (MBL wet, BSL dry...Curse being a wavy!). Even so, I'm already having new experiences.

For one, my shower hair spiders are scary looking solely because my hairs are getting long. I also feel really hot when I leave it down. Summer is definitely the season of updos for me, now more than ever.

Feathered
May 25th, 2014, 12:54 AM
I'm slowly working my way out of BSL and into the MBL abyss (MBL wet, BSL dry...Curse being a wavy!). Even so, I'm already having new experiences.

For one, my shower hair spiders are scary looking solely because my hairs are getting long. I also feel really hot when I leave it down. Summer is definitely the season of updos for me, now more than ever.
I know what you mean. I'm hovering at low midback and am always so shocked at how long the hairs are that I pull out of the shower! Shocked, but definitely not disappointed.

hennalonghair
May 25th, 2014, 04:28 AM
New experiences: Every month or so I find a toupe wrapped around my vacuum cleaner brush; dog poop hanging by a hair (mine) to my dog's butt;

OMG! Im not the onky one. My poor dogs get this happen also.
You worded this well.

W2. I LOVE love love the colour of your hair. It looks fabulous.

höpönasu
May 25th, 2014, 06:03 AM
My hair gets stuck under my armpits very often. :laugh:

shutterpillar
May 25th, 2014, 09:05 AM
As I near hip length, I am finding more and more that my hair is no longer fun to have hanging down because it's getting tangled or stuck in things. I've opted to put it up more frequently, which to me, is not as fun as leaving it down. It's really making me consider my goal length and how much I'll actually enjoy it. :( I love long hair and I cannot wait until I reach my goal, but it's slowly becoming less and less fun since I am constantly worrying about it getting stuck in things. I have to plan out my hair style based on my surroundings that day. Will it be windy? I better wear it up. Will it be hot? I should probably put it up. Am I going to be driving? If I am, then I should braid it before I get in the car in case it gets tangled up in the seat belt. Purse straps are the worst. What do I do with it while I am swimming? So many things to take into consideration and it's getting to be a pain in the rear.

However, there are a lot of good things I enjoy about this length as well. I just hope I am enjoying it as much as I reach my goal length.

StickyMane
May 25th, 2014, 09:35 AM
I've learned that I can't have my hair in ponytails anymore.. my scalp doesn't enjoy it. The band is either too tight when I tie it, which causes my hairline hair to be pulled at and I don't want breakage and discomfort for my hair of any sort, or the band is annoyingly loose and my ponytail falls. So it's off to buns and braids for me now that I'm passed waist and moving onto TBL.

HairFaerie
May 25th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Yes! I am still short (just past my shoulders) and I have just recently started feeling it on my back. I wore a summery shirt with a low back the other day and I turned my head fast and felt my hair on my back and it scared me! My husband thought I was crazy. I laughed when I realized it was my hair! Weird feeling after having a pixie for so many years...

LauraLongLocks
May 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM
I suppose my new experience as of late is learning to brush differently. I take my hair to one side and brush from the bottom up. Then to the other side and brush from the bottom up. Then I throw it to the back and this is where it is new for me: brushing it straight back, I used to be able to go down the whole length, but now I can't do one stroke from top to bottom in the back. My arms aren't long enough. So, I guess I just have to be content with tossing it back and letting it lay however it wants to. When I do a length shot, however, I need to have help getting it smoothed out in back. I simply cannot reach anymore! (Such a problem to have, right?) Lovin' it more everyday!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 26th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem, LLL! If I want to get a good looking length shot I have to get my SO to smooth it all out straight with a BBB for me. I can't do it properly myself any more without getting funny sticky-out bits or fluffy bits or generally non-behaving bits! I can't reach it well enough any more.

LauraLongLocks
May 26th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I have the same problem, LLL! If I want to get a good looking length shot I have to get my SO to smooth it all out straight with a BBB for me. I can't do it properly myself any more without getting funny sticky-out bits or fluffy bits or generally non-behaving bits! I can't reach it well enough any more. I guess that it is a small price to pay for really long hair. Afterall, my husband is glad to smooth it out for pictures for me. And when else do I need to have it perfect?

Sarahlabyrinth
May 27th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I guess that it is a small price to pay for really long hair. Afterall, my husband is glad to smooth it out for pictures for me. And when else do I need to have it perfect?

Exactly. At least it's a "longhair" problem and I would rather have that than a "shorthair" problem. Every length has its own problems. And it only has to look perfect for length shots so only once a month. Perfect every day might be too much to ask....though t'would be nice.

PixieKitten
May 28th, 2014, 01:34 AM
I'm about an inch away from being waistlength at my longest point now, and I've found that the extra length has given my har more momentum when it's in a braid, and It's really starting to hurt when it turn suddenly and it smacks me in the face! Now, I just need a couple extra feet of hair, then I can use it against other people! Mwhaha! :patrol:

browneyedsusan
May 28th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Yes! I am still short (just past my shoulders) and I have just recently started feeling it on my back. I wore a summery shirt with a low back the other day and I turned my head fast and felt my hair on my back and it scared me! My husband thought I was crazy. I laughed when I realized it was my hair! Weird feeling after having a pixie for so many years...

I know! It's so startling!

----------

Mine bothers when it gets pinched between my back and a chair, or in the car. I've never experienced it before, and it's quite surreal.

momschicklets
May 28th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Well my new experience is now that it's hot outside I notice that I get very hot and sweaty on my neck when my hair is down. Yesterday I was just miserable...and I started fantasizing about all the cute haircuts I could get for the summer :hmm: Had to stop myself from thinking about it!

browneyedsusan
May 28th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Well my new experience is now that it's hot outside I notice that I get very hot and sweaty on my neck when my hair is down. Yesterday I was just miserable...and I started fantasizing about all the cute haircuts I could get for the summer :hmm: Had to stop myself from thinking about it!

I had the WORST ponytail envy my first summer of growing! It was a hot summer, and I was miserable--sweaty and jealous of ponytails everywhere!

emilia1992
May 28th, 2014, 07:09 AM
When my hair got long enough to brush the backs of my arms, I liked it so much I'd just stand at a zebra crossing/bus stop/wherever and feel it swish, swish, swish. Then look around and see other pedestrians staring at this strange girl shaking her head at thin air.

LauraLongLocks
May 28th, 2014, 07:20 AM
When my hair got long enough to brush the backs of my arms, I liked it so much I'd just stand at a zebra crossing/bus stop/wherever and feel it swish, swish, swish. Then look around and see other pedestrians staring at this strange girl shaking her head at thin air.

The feeling of hair on the skin is AMAZING, isn't it?

iYaap
May 28th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Yes it is amazing!

I can only imagine what you are feeling, but I was already happy when I started to feel my hair on my arms when wearing a T-shirt.
Also I can't brush behind my back to reach the ends anymore :)

LauraLongLocks
May 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Yes it is amazing!

I can only imagine what you are feeling, but I was already happy when I started to feel my hair on my arms when wearing a T-shirt.
Also I can't brush behind my back to reach the ends anymore :)

Welcome! I see you are new here. I'm feeling my hair touching my elbows and when I am getting undressed for the shower, I absolutely love the feeling of it all the way down my back! Such a sensory experience.

iYaap
May 28th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Welcome! I see you are new here. I'm feeling my hair touching my elbows and when I am getting undressed for the shower, I absolutely love the feeling of it all the way down my back! Such a sensory experience.

Good to be welcomed!

Hihi you can really make it sound great! It's promising. :)

LauraLongLocks
May 28th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Good to be welcomed!

Hihi you can really make it sound great! It's promising. :)

It is very pleasurable, and only gets better the longer my hair grows.

iYaap
May 29th, 2014, 05:04 AM

Your hair is as pleasurable as it looks then.

Can't wait! APL first.

trolleypup
May 29th, 2014, 09:30 PM
It only gets better!

JadedByEntropy
May 29th, 2014, 10:39 PM
it gets pinched between my back and a chair

I actually missed that feeling enough to grow mine out again! The one that freaks me out now is the brushing just under my elbow :couch: and I'm just about to reach the top of my thigh when I sit...when I do I'll probably freak :eek: of fear and happy :P

Another milestone is discovering the ends have been trapped IN THE CAR DOOR when I reach for my purse in the passenger floorboard. That was a 'fun' one...:confused: hahaha

LauraLongLocks
May 30th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Your hair is as pleasurable as it looks then.

Can't wait! APL first. Ah, thank you. It does make me happy, that is for certain. The only thing that would make my hair better is more length, and that will come with time.

It only gets better! I am very excited to experience this for myself. I can't wait to feel my hair all the way down my thighs, and if I am fortunate enough to grow it to tickling my calves, I will really enjoy that, I am sure.