PDA

View Full Version : quick question

jrmviola
May 22nd, 2014, 04:23 PM
I just washed my hair about 15 minutes ago and the bottom 6 inches is already almost dry while the rest is still extremely damp. Do you all think its damage? If i leave my hair down it will take about another hour to mostly dry the rest of my hair. THanks!

florenonite
May 22nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
The ends of my hair always dry hours before the length. I think it's normal :shrug:

Nadine <3
May 22nd, 2014, 04:30 PM
My hair always dries at the roots first, then the ends and the middle by my nape takes the longest. I think it's because I don't use any conditioner or oils on my scalp and the ends get more air. Near my nape is the thickest so that takes awhile.

jrmviola
May 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
ok cool, thanks!

hennalonghair
May 22nd, 2014, 05:23 PM
My hair dries differently depending on the products I use, room temperature and humidity

Kherome
May 22nd, 2014, 05:28 PM
I would assume it's probably damage, as the longer hair is, the older the ends are. And no matter how careful you are you cannot avoid all damage and loss of cuticle near the ends. I would think the loss of scales near the ends would result in faster drying.

mira-chan
May 22nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Ends dry faster because generally they are less dense and more spread out than the hair closer to the scalp. More air will move through them if you leave them down and they will dry first. It's true that ends are older but it's not necessarily damage, though porous damaged hair dries faster. In the same way, if you move/ fluff the hair, the middle will dry faster than it normally would. On the other hand if you damp bun then the length will dry at a more even and slower rate as the ends are kept more condensed and wrapped with the other damp hair.

jrmviola
May 22nd, 2014, 07:14 PM
thanks guys! i dont know why that was bothering me as i've probably seen it a thousand and one times before! Sometimes I miss the obvious answer... actually... more than sometimes... ;D