PDA

View Full Version : Fringe... no Fringe... That is the question :)

Allie_snowflake
May 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5200/14239317372_4eb6fd2e83.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alliewinter/14239317372/)

At work today (with slicked back 5 day greasies) I felt like I needed a few whispies in front. The shine from the oiliness was bad. My baby sprouts were all over the place and looking pretty stringy. I have old fringe growth at about chin length now so I figured it wouldn't hurt trimming a few up to my nose. I can always slick them back. I know they'll bug me in a few days (itching my forehead, etc) but I think it looks a little better with them. I've been bunning for almost two weeks straight and plan to keep it up most of the time. What do you ladies (and gents) think?

Gelsomina
May 21st, 2014, 08:20 PM
Allie_snowflake, I like it! Since you have old fringe growth at chin length, it seems like a nice way to blend in that transition. :)

Janette17
May 21st, 2014, 08:35 PM
Looks good! BTW I wash just my fringe most days in the shower :)

Crystawni
May 21st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Fringe! It brings your lovely colour over your face, highlights your eyes, and it has a softening effect as well. :D

KaleidoscopeEyz
May 21st, 2014, 08:53 PM
The bangs look good on you. They can really soften an updo, and if they bother you, you can always slick them back like you said. :) trimming them to maintain shouldn't be too bad, just go slow and trim a tiny bit at a time. When I was maintaining my bangs, I liked to do a teeny tiny trim every two weeks so they wouldn't drive me nuts. :) Your color is lovely by the way!

Amorice
May 21st, 2014, 09:10 PM
The fringe looks great!

LauraLongLocks
May 21st, 2014, 09:14 PM
The bangs look good, but do keep them wispy and not too thick. They can be washed in the sink in between wash days.

ExpectoPatronum
May 22nd, 2014, 01:18 AM
You do know how to rock a wispy fringe! I like it.

Charybdis
May 22nd, 2014, 02:14 AM
+1 on the fringe!

Wosie
May 22nd, 2014, 02:26 AM
^ Count me in, too! I also think a wispy fringe suits you well. :agree:

molljo
May 22nd, 2014, 02:37 AM
Joining the chorus on Yes to fringe! It looks great!

Selkie-
May 22nd, 2014, 02:57 AM
You rock the fringe. :D

Weewah
May 22nd, 2014, 03:22 AM
I always go by whatever makes you feel the most confident. After having this fringe are you more effective in the workplace? More outgoing and happy overall? If so, keep the fringe. If not well then you can just grow it out.

Also to echo the others, you can wash your bangs separately each day to keep them looking good. Most of us with bangs style them and treat them more harshly to make sure they look good everyday since they frame the face and all.

Allie_snowflake
May 22nd, 2014, 04:36 AM
Thank you everyone :)

I have a bunch of new growth on the sides so I can pull down a little more if I want. So far they're not bugging me too much! And I'm hoping they'll help conceal my roots a little. I end up with a white halo around my face after a few weeks!

Wildcat Diva
May 22nd, 2014, 06:03 AM
Yes! Looks great and I do see what you mean about helping with your roots. I like it.

spidermom
May 22nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
Thumbs up!

roseomalley
May 22nd, 2014, 05:27 PM
I love the fringe on you!

DarleneH
May 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I think it looks great, though I'm kind of partial to thicker bangs like the girl in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKSCUKc7Xw8

Your hair looks thick enough to be able to carry thicker bangs, but the wispies do look great on you. And probably easier to deal with on days when you get aggravated at them. ;)