PDA

View Full Version : I need your help !

kittymallow
May 21st, 2014, 04:27 AM
Hello lovelies :) I really need your help figuring out what i should do to my hair. For the last 3 years i have been growing and trimming to get my hair all in one lenght, and now it is one lenght an for a long time i have been really happy about it. The thing now is that i am pregnant and for some strange reason (hormones?) i am in desperatly need of a change, and i am turning insane! i am a fairly light blonde, and i really would love some even lighter blonde highlights, and some face framing layers, but i am terrified that i will regret it the moment i cut my hair. I am so sorry about this rambling and i don't even make sense to myself at this point, but what do you guys think?

i am thinking in the lines of this

http://www.razorfine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/the-wolf-of-wall-street-pic-5.jpg

MINAKO
May 21st, 2014, 04:50 AM
Looks hot, nothing wrong with a change once in a while! :D
I often feel that after a long time of having thought about hair people start to think that more length and completely natural automatically leads to happyness.
But honestly, if you want lighter hair and some layers, then go for it. It's often the case that one length curtains don't complement a faceshape, but people keep it like that because they don't want to sacrifice one single hair to a pair of scissors.

florenonite
May 21st, 2014, 05:09 AM
If you're sure, and have been sure for the past couple of weeks, I'd say go for it. If it seems too much of a change all at once, you can do the highlights or the layers, then a couple weeks later do the other one.

Those layers actually look pretty good from a 'longhair' perspective. They're only around the face, so won't stick out of updos, but are long enough that they'd fit into a French braid. I actually have something similar that I got when I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. It's a gentle U-shape at the back, but there is some layering around my face, so it's kind of like an overall steep U-shape. I like it because it softens updos, but I can lace braid it out of the way if I want to.

meteor
May 21st, 2014, 09:31 AM
For the last 3 years i have been growing and trimming to get my hair all in one lenght, and now it is one lenght an for a long time i have been really happy about it. The thing now is that i am pregnant and for some strange reason (hormones?) i am in desperatly need of a change, and i am turning insane! i am a fairly light blonde, and i really would love some even lighter blonde highlights, and some face framing layers, but i am terrified that i will regret it the moment i cut my hair.
It's a beautiful look! :)
If you aren't 100% sure that that's what you want, get a wig first or apply the 2-week rule. Maybe a wig or blonde extensions will give you the desired change. This way, you'll know for sure you aren't throwing away 3 years of growing it out to one length.

If you do decide to highlight and cut, go slow (get fewer highlights and do less layering at first). Also, since bleach is undoubtedly quite damaging, do a coconut oil pre-bleach treatment, it's very protective: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495 Maybe call your hairdresser in advance and talk to her about showing up with hair slathered in coconut oil? I think it's becoming a thing in hair care, at least where I live, so she shouldn't be too surprised.

two_wheels
May 21st, 2014, 09:55 AM
It is beautiful on that wave pattern- would look different on straight hair though. I can't tell if your hair is that wavy, but if not then I would see how it looks on models with the same texture.

redredrobin
May 21st, 2014, 10:11 AM
I'm pretty certain those are extensions in the photo. Just thought I would mention it, as extensions tend to fall differently and that could affect the cut you get if you give a hairdresser this pic as inspiration :).

MismaMuerte
May 21st, 2014, 11:51 AM
Also to keep in mind, pregnancy will give you amazing growth, so whatever you choose, it will change shape quickly~

ARG
May 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM
What your hair does during pregnancy, and what post-partum shed does afterwards is something to consider, as well as how you normally style it.

I got a cut very similar to that while I was going through my post-partum shed, it looked great, then the new hairs started growing in and I had so many new, unexpected layers. And then I started bunning my hair, and the face framing layers and the post-partum new hairs made everything so much more difficult. That's just my experience, YMMV.

If you've thought about this for a while, weighed the pros/cons and still feel strongly about doing it, go for it.

kitana97
May 21st, 2014, 05:46 PM
I'd sit on it for a little bit if I were you. Maybe make your appointment a few weeks from now, just in case since you have been growing your hair out to all one length for the past 3 years. Try and remember the last time you had layers and if you liked it or not. That should be a good indication if your going to like it again.

However, it's your decision, and you have to go with your gut feeling!

Hairitic
May 22nd, 2014, 04:14 PM
In my estimation, for layers to look right, they need to be "styled", where hair that is all one length looks great left alone. Will you have time for styling those layers when baby comes along? Just some thoughts that occurred to me. :p A little face framing highlights might be enough of a change and are no big deal to grow out.