PDA

View Full Version : My hair is changing! Thanks to you guys

CaitlinM
May 20th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to update everyone on how my hair's going. At the beginning of the month, I'd switched my shampoo to something SLS free, my conditioner to cone-free. I swore I would stop washing my hair every day and go to once a week.

So, the shampoo (Natio) and conditioner (Moo Goo) are going EXCELLENTLY. My hair is no longer "crunchy" on the ends and has waxy build-up near the scalp. In fact, my hair is amazingly soft! Yes, it's oily, but but it doesn't look "dirty".

I went out and bought a cheap boar bristle brush. Previously I'd been using a bamboo brush with very hard bristles and a plastic wide-toothed comb. I had been sceptical about boar bristle brushes but it just seems to make my hair incredibly smooth and soft.

I put it up every day for work. With the increased oil seems to come increased control and neater hair. I have reduced fly-aways. My part is straight. My hair stays up where I've put it (with the exception of a gibson tuck for ballet. That hairstyle doesn't cope with balancés.)

The texture of my hair has changed as well. From being incredibly fine, it feels like the strands are slightly more thick. It doesn't tangle as much. I would have classed my hair as "dead straight with a bit of frizz on the ends" but now it's got a lot more of a defined wave. I'm not sure whether it's twisting my hair up in various buns or just more moisture.

I've expanded my repertoire of hairstyles. Today I'm wearing my hair up in a chinese bun. I've had french twists, gibson tucks (with and without side twists) and pigtail plaits.

Most weeks I make it the full week to wash my hair. Some weeks if I've been sweating a lot, I'll wash it mid-week. Further plans include caffeine rinses, ensuring I wear my hair plaited at night and buying a horn comb.

So I'd like to thank you all! Even three weeks has been enough to see a difference in my hair. I'm not sure whether it will grow more, but I figure that feeling better and treating it better is the first step!

woodswanderer
May 20th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Congrats on your progress!:cool:

jacqueline101
May 20th, 2014, 09:34 PM
I'm happy that your hair has made good progress.

YvetteVarie
May 21st, 2014, 12:19 AM
Congrats on your progress.

MungoMania
May 21st, 2014, 12:29 AM
Congrats on all the good progress!

Lizzie_Bennet
May 21st, 2014, 09:21 AM
That's great! Congratulations on the change and progress! ;)

meteor
May 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM
Congratulations! :D Great job on updos and stretching washes from daily to weekly. And I love how you use minimalist and great quality products - less is definitely more with hair care! Way to go! :D

MINAKO
May 21st, 2014, 09:45 AM
Yay, congrats!!! (Am i the only one who finds hairstyles falling out during ballet incredibly hot?) Lol :P

AmyBeth
May 21st, 2014, 03:54 PM
I love happy hair stories! I'm happy that you're happy:).

chrissy-b
May 21st, 2014, 08:42 PM
Yay, congrats!!! (Am i the only one who finds hairstyles falling out during ballet incredibly hot?) Lol :P

Nope, you're not. :D

MINAKO
May 21st, 2014, 08:46 PM
chrissy-b :hifive: !