PDA

View Full Version : Hair for Dance

melomane
May 19th, 2014, 08:17 PM
I'm doing a dance team final and my group wants to be uniform with hair. They won't stop talking about how they want to straighten or curl their hair (in ponytail form). They don't want to do just a ponytail because we're performing. I REALLY don't want to use heat. They aren't really listening and at the same time I don't want to weird them out by telling how obsessed I am with my hair. One girl has shoulder length hair, the other is at hip, I'm BSL. They can't do french or dutch braids. Any ideas of something EASY that would hold up for dance, without the aid of hair sticks or forks? They want something cool and pretty, but don't want to put a lot of effort into it.

Larki
May 19th, 2014, 08:20 PM
How about heatless curls for the ponytails? If you do cocoon curls loosely (relatively large sections of hair) they resemble curling iron curls.

Vanilla
May 19th, 2014, 08:30 PM
My mom would always put sponge rollers in my damp hair in a ponytail for figure skating competitions. I would sleep with my hair in the curlers overnight (as my hair doesn't really hold a curl well using heat).

HintOfMint
May 19th, 2014, 08:43 PM
For dance and cheerleading competitions, we did a ponytail with really tight foam curlers, and that was actually pretty standard for a lot of teams. I don't think you have to worry too much about having to use heat.

florenonite
May 20th, 2014, 06:54 AM
For dance and cheerleading competitions, we did a ponytail with really tight foam curlers, and that was actually pretty standard for a lot of teams. I don't think you have to worry too much about having to use heat.

This is what I always did for dance recitals when I was a kid. I'd put a scarf over the ponytail and sleep with it overnight.

Night_Kitten
May 20th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Another option is for you to suggest to do everyone's hair before the performance, claiming a dutch or french braid would look pretty and unique - if they agree it will add some tasks and stress for you on the day of the performance, but will also take the heat option off the table... :)