PDA

View Full Version : Hair Feels Wet Constantly?

MadeiraD
May 19th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Lately I've been having a weird problem, my hair never really feels dry. I co-wash once a week using v05 (this time I mixed it with vegetable glycerin and honey) and condition with pantene beautiful lengths. I pretreat with coconut oil overnight and use a coney serum on the ends, but lately (and maybe it's the spring humidity my hair doesn't seem to stop feeling clammy and "damp" even several days after wash day.

It doesn't feel greasy, greasy hair feels quite different from slightly wet hair... what the heck is this?

Kherome
May 19th, 2014, 05:53 PM
It's because of the glycerine. (ETA: The honey is probably contributing too)

Read this: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/ingredients/the-ultimate-guide-to-humectants-and-hair/

NaClH2O
May 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I had this issue when I was using shampoo bars. My hair was just coated and never dried, it is kind of similar to that feeling when you over oil and don't wash it out.

I think you just need a good clarifying shampoo session to reset everything.

meteor
May 19th, 2014, 06:04 PM
I bet it's too much oil and conditioner! You've probably tipped the moisture-protein balance too much to the moisture (emollience and oiliness) side due to CO-washing, pre-poo oiling and serums. Does your hair feel stretchy, gummy and lanky? If so, clarifying and using some product with protein is going to help. Also, reduce the oiling until the hair's bouncy structure is back. This problem fixes itself when you use lighter/less conditioners/oils.

ooglipoo
May 19th, 2014, 06:07 PM
My guess would be the residue from the honey and glycerin, which are both humectants, drawing moisture into your hair from the atmosphere.

Salty's idea of a clarification may not be bad, either...

MadeiraD
May 19th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Not stretchy, or gummy or lank... just wet and chilly

Weewah
May 19th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Maybe it has something to do with this "AquaCurrent Science" that P&G formulated and is in the beautiful lengths conditioner? I'm having trouble finding info on it though.

Brattina88
May 19th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I just had that same problem! Mine was from shampoo bars just like NACIH20 said, I needed to clarify (desperately) and once I did it was much, much better ;)

Theobroma
May 20th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Sounds like buildup from CO washing to me. I'd suggest you try a shampoo wash, you'll probably find that makes your hair feel normal again.

Nadine <3
May 20th, 2014, 01:13 PM
My hair does that when it's humid. It just feels wet all the time. Drives me bonkers.

stachelbeere
May 20th, 2014, 02:07 PM
when I was experimenting with glycerine a couple of years ago my hair never ever felt dry afterwards :)
I think this could be the culprint

starlamelissa
May 20th, 2014, 02:38 PM
when I was experimenting with glycerine a couple of years ago my hair never ever felt dry afterwards :)
I think this could be the culprint
Yup. My old leave on had glycerin in it. If it was humid my hair was permanently damp.

florenonite
May 21st, 2014, 05:55 AM
My hair has this problem sometimes. I checked my shampoo/condish bottles and, yup, they all contain glycerin, including my clarifying shampoo.

Well, at least this gives me the excuse I've been looking for to try out that shampoo bar I found buried in my closet ... :lol: