PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying too much?

Mainesongbird
May 19th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I have a question for everyone... Can one clarify too much? A few weeks ago, I was having wicked grease and oil issues. I was washing with the most astringent shampoo I had which was garnier dandruff control and it wasn't cutting it. As soon as my hair was dry it was noticeably oily. For a few weeks, I let it be and just wore out in braids and updos, but it wasn't getting better. I got some prell shampoo and the first time I used it, it took the greasiness away without making it feel dry. I used it with renpure argan oil conditioner. I only wash once a week, but I've been clarifying each week for 3 weeks. I have fine and thick hair past waist. Do you think I am clarifying too much?

kganihanova
May 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Clarify when your hair needs it, and only you can know that.

lapushka
May 20th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I have a question for everyone... Can one clarify too much? A few weeks ago, I was having wicked grease and oil issues. I was washing with the most astringent shampoo I had which was garnier dandruff control and it wasn't cutting it. As soon as my hair was dry it was noticeably oily. For a few weeks, I let it be and just wore out in braids and updos, but it wasn't getting better. I got some prell shampoo and the first time I used it, it took the greasiness away without making it feel dry. I used it with renpure argan oil conditioner. I only wash once a week, but I've been clarifying each week for 3 weeks. I have fine and thick hair past waist. Do you think I am clarifying too much?

My hair's washed weekly, and each week it *is* clarified (lengths are washed as well) with a regular, harsh, sl(e)s shampoo without silicones. No, it's not too much, if you don't think it is. It depends on the person, I guess.

queenovnight
May 20th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I think it depends on your hair. I only clarify once or twice a month. If I clarified once a week, my hair would be a dry mess. I think it just depends on your own hair texture. If it works for you, keep it up.

Mainesongbird
May 20th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Thank you all! =D