PDA

View Full Version : Hair and exercise- extreme sweating

huckleberry
May 19th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Sorry if this has maybe been posted in the past, I'm really bad at searching etc. So I do kickboxing, 3-4 nights a week and I sweat SO much! By the end of a class my hair is a big greasy, sweaty mess. Frizz, the lot. I get a very itchy scalp and sweat pimples (I think) on my neck. I am in the process of growing out damaged hair, so washing it after every class is something I want to avoid. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do? Apart from the usual head band? I'm at a loss

florenonite
May 19th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Have you considered CO-washing or just rinsing your hair? It should help remove the sweat without drying out your hair.

Kina
May 19th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Have you considered CO-washing or just rinsing your hair? It should help remove the sweat without drying out your hair.

This. I taught group fitness and dance 6 days a week and this kept my hair nice. Also, exfoliating your neck will help w/ the sweat pimples.

Kelikea
May 19th, 2014, 05:55 AM
I would put mine in a bun, and then rinse the roots without getting the bun itself wet. It seemed to help:)

huckleberry
May 20th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Thank you so much!!

I have to try the CO method!

Kelikea, what a good idea! I never even thought of that lol Thanks!

vulgarshudder
May 20th, 2014, 12:57 AM
I too used to bun it and just rinse the roots with a blast of tepid water. I also do that in the summer when it's muggy to refresh the roots and stop itching.

LindaLocks
May 20th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Yea I would maybe try just rinsing it with just water and if your hair starts to get all tangled you could always try a leave-in conditioner on the middle to ends of the hair :)