PDA

View Full Version : Do's and Ways to Roots and Damage for Chin-Length

Gelsomina
May 18th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, so maybe my question has already been asked and someone can point me to the right thread or threads. I've got 2-3" roots from growing out dye and have only chin length hair. My hair is damaged and is not much to look at. It's also too short for a ponytail or a bun. What do you all suggest for ways to cover it or put it back, besides a hat?

Thanks in advance! :)

Quasiquixotic
May 18th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Could you wear a headband or a scarf?

Gelsomina
May 18th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I've tried. I'm not sure I'm doing either one right. My hair's so thin and short that anything around the bottom of my head on the back doesn't go under the lengths of the hair at the back and makes a funny lump (it's not cute, and ends up negating any cuteness the front or sides might have with an accessory like that). I know I should be patient and just wait for it to grow, but figured that if anyone would have an idea, it would be someone here on LHC :)

restless
May 18th, 2014, 11:45 PM
A couple of ideas come to mind that might spice it up a little :)

*French/dutch/lace braid the fringe so it looks like a hairband across the head
*Get yourself some cute little (claw?)clips and pin up the front of the hair/the fringe with them
*Half ups held with for example a mini flexi 8, a hairpin from ficcare (they have tiny versions that looks like the maximas clips in the hair pins section) or why not a small hair stick/fork for a mini-half up-bun
*Braid the hair while damp for some braid waves, or curl it with hair friendly heatless methods

MungoMania
May 19th, 2014, 12:40 AM
A couple of ideas come to mind that might spice it up a little :)

*French/dutch/lace braid the fringe so it looks like a hairband across the head
*Get yourself some cute little (claw?)clips and pin up the front of the hair/the fringe with them
*Half ups held with for example a mini flexi 8, a hairpin from ficcare (they have tiny versions that looks like the maximas clips in the hair pins section) or why not a small hair stick/fork for a mini-half up-bun
*Braid the hair while damp for some braid waves, or curl it with hair friendly heatless methods

I like this idea if you can't wear a hairband. I wore hairbands and barrettes and hair combs when my hair was chin length. It really helped.

browneyedsusan
May 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
restless has some great ideas!
OP, I've been there, and completely understand your frustration. That first 6 or 8 months, just grit your teeth, pin it up and ride it out. :thumbsup:
I used this tutoria (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rMK_7G2yL8)l to pin back my bangs.
(Feel free to snoop through my growth album. The pics are a mess--I'm not great with technology--but you can figure it out, and have a laugh at my expense! I never, ever wore my hair "down" in public for the first 8 months. It was just too goofy looking!) :silly:

chou
May 19th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Pin back your front pieces, power through the next few months, and don't be afraid to get it trimmed into a cute bob if you feel like it's getting too shaggy. Once my grown out pixie got long enough to trim into a bob with bangs, I felt like a new person with a real, styled hairdo for the first time in a while. It made the rest of the growing out process a breeze.