PDA

View Full Version : I want my hair back!

rigato
May 17th, 2014, 12:17 PM
So, I am experimenting with many different hair products and my hair has seen better days. It is dull and oily and not good.
Anyway, I have heard that clarifying shampoo can help my hair to be as healthy and lovely as before. Is that right? Are there any differences between those shampoos, like type of hair or what? :confused:

Thank you soo much!

molljo
May 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Clarifying won't make it "healthy" but it will get rid of build-up (oils, butters, 'cones), and take your hair back to a clean slate. A clarifying shampoo has SLS and is usually very basic (so no protein, moisturizing ingredients, etc.). Hair type doesn't really play into clarifying, in terms of which one to buy (unless you count needing more for thicker hair). When you clarify, you want to wash all of your hair, not just the scalp. The goal is to clean every strand back to its default state.
Nearly every brand makes a clarifying shampoo, but I've heard the best things about Neutrogena Anti Residue Shampoo.

Johannah
May 17th, 2014, 12:38 PM
What's your hair routine, what products do you use etc.? :)

rigato
May 20th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Daily it is shampoo and conditioner, then sometimes mask for my hair and depends what kind of haircut I want to have that day :) hairspray, gel, everything, I love to experiment. that is probably why i feel like i feel.

Anyway, I took your advice and looked for Neutrogena and I have found that it is the best clarifying shampoo also on this site about best clarifying shampoo (http://www.bestclarifyingshampoohq.com/)

I read reviews on amazon, it has many satisfied customers I hope I will be among them. I will try that shmapoo and I will let you know if my hair is better :)

Thank you so much

Kherome
May 20th, 2014, 05:54 AM
You may find that clarifying isn't enough. If that is the case you'll want to chelate.