PDA

View Full Version : I realized tonight just how bit my problem is.

Nadine <3
May 16th, 2014, 07:24 PM
I have to much product...

I was packing up my stuff since I'm moving in 2 days. I was putting my bathroom stuff that I don't use every day into bins and I got to my hair stuff. I gathered it...

here's all of it.
Actually I have a hoard at my SO's house...and my moms house...
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2900/14015460598_8b1d995dfc_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nmuU9o)I have a problem 002 (https://flic.kr/p/nmuU9o) by Marie Photography 92 (https://www.flickr.com/people/39901375@N02/), on Flickr

And of course Arwen needed to get involved.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/14199617572_8d24e0a528_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nCLKAC)I have a problem 005 (https://flic.kr/p/nCLKAC) by Marie Photography 92 (https://www.flickr.com/people/39901375@N02/), on Flickr

Anyways, I was shocked that I actually had THIS MUCH...What was I thinking?!

Tall Blond(ish)
May 16th, 2014, 07:31 PM
It's official: You're a goo hoarder.

Nadine <3
May 16th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Gah, I thought I might officially qualify for that now lol

jacqueline101
May 16th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I'd try the use up your stash challenge it's helped me. I've used a lot of things. I've used up my travel bottles of shampoo conditioner and half bottle of products.

kidari
May 16th, 2014, 08:31 PM
lol every time I have to move I start using up stuff or giving things away

MINAKO
May 16th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Kinda similar situation over here, nevermind... we can't be minimalist about everything. Way to go! ;)

mira-chan
May 16th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Time to go on a slight product buying freeze methinks, otherwise you'll have no place to fit your SO at your new place. :silly: Also I thing Arwen disapproves. :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 16th, 2014, 09:11 PM
My goodness me....you have more hair goo than I have.

BUT NOT MUCH MORE..... hahahahahaha!

ErinLeigh
May 16th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I have same problem. Yet somehow I feel some days I do not have enough options and others I feel I have too many!
I get bored easily. I am trying to buy only travel size from now on so I can experiment but not have a closet, under sink and shower stuffed with huge bottles that will expire before ever getting finished. I am getting so much better about it now that my routine is settling a bit.

Wildcat Diva
May 16th, 2014, 09:17 PM
That's not that bad lol.

at least you are prepped to have great hair during the impending zombie apocalypse.

Nadine <3
May 16th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I'd try the use up your stash challenge it's helped me. I've used a lot of things. I've used up my travel bottles of shampoo conditioner and half bottle of products.
I might just have to try that!

Kinda similar situation over here, nevermind... we can't be minimalist about everything. Way to go! ;)
Haha, right! I don't have a ton of clothing, so that balances it out me thinks :)

Time to go on a slight product buying freeze methinks, otherwise you'll have no place to fit your SO at your new place. :silly: Also I thing Arwen disapproves. :lol:
LOL, I was worried where I was going to put him! I'm wondering how he's going to react to my hoard. I've known him for 10 years and I've never seen more than 2 bottles in his shower at one time. Hmm...

Arwen was mad because I was playing with the stinky stuff instead of feeding her dinner. She's happy now haha

My goodness me....you have more hair goo than I have.

BUT NOT MUCH MORE..... hahahahahaha!

HAHA! I laughed really hard at this. I need to get MORE so you don't catch up!!! :p

Nadine <3
May 16th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I have same problem. Yet somehow I feel some days I do not have enough options and others I feel I have too many!
I get bored easily. I am trying to buy only travel size from now on so I can experiment but not have a closet, under sink and shower stuffed with huge bottles that will expire before ever getting finished. I am getting so much better about it now that my routine is settling a bit.

I've heard a lot about your stash and I'm curious to see it!
I always feel like I don't have enough options too, but clearly I do LOL

That's not that bad lol.

at least you are prepped to have great hair during the impending zombie apocalypse.
Yup, that's me! Always prepared for anything! I can even use the empty bottles to club the zombies...or throw them. OR I could make the bottles into bombs!:patrol:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 16th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I'll tell you my BIG secret:

If I have hair goo I don't really like on my hair, I put it in the hand soap dispenser at the bathroom sink. Then everyone uses it up and it isn't being wasted at all. It makes good soap, whether it is shampoo or conditioner. And it saves buying liquid soap.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 16th, 2014, 09:34 PM

If I have hair goo I don't really like on my hair, I put it in the hand soap dispenser at the bathroom sink. Then everyone uses it up and it isn't being wasted at all. It makes good soap, whether it is shampoo or conditioner. And it saves buying liquid soap.

And the fun part is that no-one KNOWS that they are actually using shampoo or conditioner on their hands.....

Nadine <3
May 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM

And the fun part is that no-one KNOWS that they are actually using shampoo or conditioner on their hands.....

I already do that. :) I haven't bought hand soap in a looooong time. That's what I've been using those giant bottles of tresseme for. Those things last forever. I've been shaving with the giant conditioners. The cones in that stuff makes my razor glide so nicely! lol

divinedobbie
May 16th, 2014, 09:47 PM

This is what I do except that I use it for shaving, works well!

Nadine <3 You should've seen my stash about a year ago when I was desperately trying all of the self acclaimed miracle products to try and save my hair. Aside from a bunch of salon shampoos, clarifiers, chelaters, and conditioners I probably had like 15 leave-ins/serums/creams/oils and quite a few heat protectants, split end menders, protein treatments, deep masks, etc...Once I realized that none of them really work and the power of negligence, I've gone to about having 1-2 shampoos (I buy one in advance when I'm running low), about three conditioners (still experimenting), one hair oil. hmmm that's about it...... except for the hair toys :couch:

Wildcat Diva
May 16th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Yup, that's me! Always prepared for anything! I can even use the empty bottles to club the zombies...or throw them. OR I could make the bottles into bombs!:patrol:

You are cracking me up! Thanks, I really needed to lol. :D

CurlyCap
May 16th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I have no words of wisdom.

I have a cabinet in my bathroom specifically purchased to hold my goo.

And currently I am angry because I moved into a new apartment and there isn't as much counter space in my bathroom for my oils. Madness.

Leeloo
May 16th, 2014, 10:54 PM

what an excellent idea! I didn't think about using shampoo as hand soap. Thanks for sharing. Runs off to put shampoo in the soap dispenser :hmm::bigeyes::run:

LightSabr
May 17th, 2014, 01:43 AM
So much lovely goo! I too do the shaving thing. It feels amazing with conditioner, whether it worked for hair or not. The travel sized bottles is a fab idea.

embee
May 17th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Conditioner is also good on washable woolens.... :) Makes them soooo soft!

momschicklets
May 17th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Oooh that's pretty bad.....I recommend you box it all up and mail it to me :D. I'm embarrassed to think how much money I've spent over the years on goo. I like the hand soap idea...that's brilliant.

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I might just have to try that!

Haha, right! I don't have a ton of clothing, so that balances it out me thinks :)

LOL, I was worried where I was going to put him! I'm wondering how he's going to react to my hoard. I've known him for 10 years and I've never seen more than 2 bottles in his shower at one time. Hmm...

Arwen was mad because I was playing with the stinky stuff instead of feeding her dinner. She's happy now haha

HAHA! I laughed really hard at this. I need to get MORE so you don't catch up!!! :p

You might like the use up your stash challenge. I love it. I've found ideas for my items.

lapushka
May 17th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Relax! That's nothing. You should see it here, but in my case it's part of a system of massively buying things (I like) when they're on sale.