PDA

View Full Version : Tangle Teezer and dishwasher?

Narya
May 16th, 2014, 06:54 AM
I have a TT (the original one, which can be opened so water is not trapped on the inside) that is refusing to stay clean. The first few years I had no problem: a sink full of soapy warm water, a comb and a hairstick to help the most rebels hair to leave their TT home, and a bit of work were all it took for it staying clean for a good while. But for a few months it just stays icky. I wash it every time I wash my hair (which is a little more often than weekly, maybe ever 4 or 5 days) and it stays clean looking for a day and then it's back to nasty. It's gotten to the point where I don't use it anymore, because bleargh. Now, I'm not really blaming the TT, it may just be my scalp going crazy with sebum production while brushed (though it doesn't really get dirtier faster than usual, it's just the brush).

So, as a last resource, I'm thinking of running the TT through the dishwasher. Have any of you done it? I don't want to ruin it, but I am at a loss as to how to clean it very thoroughly to see if there's some gunk I don't see that stays there and attracts more gunk, or I don't know what. Any brilliant ideas?

duchess67
May 16th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I don't own a TT, but I've washed my combs, brushes in the dishwasher and those have really come out sparkling clean.

florenonite
May 16th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I've run mine through the dishwasher. It didn't actually take the gunk off, but it seems to have loosened it some, because it was much easier to remove it afterwards.