PDA

View Full Version : Insecure little girl, that is how I feel about my new hair

eadwine
May 15th, 2014, 10:25 AM
I used a little less leave-in so it is less wavy/curly than it normally comes out..

I am SO used to this clean combed sleek all hair together nice and neat look that I have sported for sooo long (2nd image from the right on my signature is what I am used to). It is taking a while for me to get used to this.. I am not quitting, trust me on that.. someone just said "wow.. really wow" about this.. and I was going "really?..." as in "really.. you sure? eh..?"

:lol: *bites lip*

Forgive the cat hair, this is my cat sweater that I always wear on top of my other clothes.. for the cats, yes, and to help avoid everything else getting the cat look hehe.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/hairout.jpg

*hides*

duchess67
May 15th, 2014, 10:35 AM
eadwine, you hair is looking more thicker and nicer :) Happy to see that this method is really working for you.

eadwine
May 15th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Really?

(yeah here she goes again!)

Thanks!! :)

It does feel thicker, that is indeed true. Having the hair less compacted helps with that I'm sure.

Loviatar
May 15th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Oh I think it's cool!

I recently tried "plopping" to encourage wave myself and if you've always been a combed straightie then there is definitely a hint if 'really?!' that one says to oneself!

lapushka
May 15th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I told you so! :) I told you it looked amazing. The henna, the waves, the thickness. It's all there! :D Congratulations. And you've (almost) got the method down pat, so double congrats on that one!

eadwine
May 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks you two!

I guess I was lucky with the method *grin*

It still is very weird.. living half your life as a solid 1 and then venturing the second half as a 2.

My mother started out a 2 and lost her waves getting me. Hey ma, look at me now hmm! :) (she'll be gone from here 18 years now, come August, I am an adult again, this time without a mother)

lapushka
May 15th, 2014, 02:06 PM
My mother started out a 2 and lost her waves getting me. Hey ma, look at me now hmm! :) (she'll be gone from here 18 years now, come August, I am an adult again, this time without a mother)

I'm sorry you're reminded of your mom at this time. Wishing you lots of strength! :flower:

Your thread reminds me a lot of what I felt like when I was "confronted" with my real texture for the first time. I mean, it was easier to take care of because it's the CG method in part and it's just easier in my eyes than a straight routine would be, but the rest? The fact that all this time I thought I had straight hair, and then BAM. Wavy texture! It takes some getting used to. But you're transitioning nicely, I'd say!

And it really is a gorgeous picture! :D

eadwine
May 15th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the support.. yeah it is this year from May 13th, which was her birthday, till August 16th, the day she died which is feeling strange. Also coming closer to her age is .. weird. It's alright most days :) This year is just weird because of that 18 years. :)

Hello wavies, not to mention my spirals that do REALLY nasty crap sometimes.. but it's all part of the learning curve :D

I am just scared a bit that the other world.. *points outside* is not going to be so understanding. Ah well.. it's only hair, not like I got me a septum nose piercing or something (now THAT would go over really well.. ahem) :lol:

duchess67
May 15th, 2014, 02:26 PM
It must be hard when certain things brings back lots of memories of our lost loved ones. Sorry about that, you must be missing your mom badly. Stay strong and healthy.

eadwine
May 15th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Thank you and I will!

At least the hair wasn't the trigger ;)

browneyedsusan
May 16th, 2014, 06:32 AM
WHAT?!?

It's fantastic! Your hair is gorgeous! What is the matter with you? (I'm teasing, but not about the hair part.)

So sorry to hear about your mom. Mothers are special.

Slow chant:
"pier-cing"
"Pier-CING!"
"PIER-CING!!!"
:rollin: :run:

eadwine
May 16th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Whahahaha thank you! :D

I know.. it is something in the brain that still needs to click apparently

cat11
May 16th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Your hair looks great and thick! Props to wavies/curlies that can do the plopping/ wash n go thing without brushing through it. Personally I've never been able to get over combing through my hair even though the internets tells me not to, i feel like it's tangly when it's clumped since I cant run fingers through it. I'm just very gentle and infrequent about it... I just like the way it looks, completely different styles.

Sorry to hear about your mom :(

eadwine
May 16th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks Cat11 :)

How long did you try the no combing thing for? Because just two or three days isn't going to cut it to get used to it :)

Not combing is no longer an issue for me. The way it looks still is. ALWAYS have to check with a picture taken of it to see what others see. And even THAT is sometimes difficult. The encouragements here sure help!! :D

I will NEVER reach waist at this rate... :lol: The waves are boinging up to almost BSL now!

Not combed this morning, smooth the top a bit so it doesn't look BOOM, bun up, wear all day.
Fresh out of the bun just now, shakeshake flip, done:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/IMG_1709.jpg

And STILL I think: ratty messy. Unbelievable. BUT.. not quitting. :D

lapushka
May 16th, 2014, 03:50 PM
And STILL I think: ratty messy. Unbelievable. BUT.. not quitting. :D

It doesn't look like that at all. In my case, I still just don't look at my hair the rest of the week (after wash day), TBH. :lol: That sure helped tons in the beginning. I didn't care what it looked like. The method was easier and that's all that mattered to me.

eadwine
May 16th, 2014, 03:55 PM
:lol: Yeah.. pretty much is what I do.. I see a few big waves and go.. oh cool, picture!

check the picture and go: hmm.. ok.. yeah.

Slowly the acceptance is coming. I have to gain the confidence in myself and my hair and get accustomed to it before I even dare to let it down among people I know, afraid of them telling me it is ratty and yuck and such. If one of my clients would ask (depends who!) if they could see it down, sure. But they don't really know what it was like before, so they see this big POOF I am sporting here hahah and don't know any better.

Kaelee
May 16th, 2014, 08:07 PM
It's beautiful! I kept hoping I had a lot of waves but nope. .. only bun waves here (unless I'm at my Gram's house, she had different water and my hair gets wavy! )

eadwine
May 16th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Thank you!!

I suggest getting one of those special shower heads then that I have heard you in the USA have to get rid of the junk that apparently is in your water :)

ErinLeigh
May 17th, 2014, 01:19 AM
What does hair look like if you do brush or comb it? Do the waves re form, frizz or does it just go straight?
I have hair that can go either way, straight or wavy depending in method and I am always curious about others.

What made you realize your hair was wavy?
Also what was routine before when straight and new one if you care to share. I know it LOC now but what products?

I have so many questions! I apologize. I am trying to learn and sort out my own.

And for what its worth your hair doesn't look ratty at all and the cat sweater is an excellent idea .
I think you are just still playing with the new method as as you get used to it you will feel more confident.
When I wear curls or waves it takes me time to get used to not having sleek look too so I understand. I am right now trying to decide which way to go with it which explains all my questions.

eadwine
May 17th, 2014, 02:13 AM
In short to rattle off the answers :lol:

combing makes it go 1b or so (2nd from right signature picture), I never brush
realizing wavy (spirals actually): after showering hair always forms spirals, I wanted to try to keep those which triggered this new trial
routine before: wash condition, air dry comb
routine now: wash condition condition (WCC method), leave-in (got2b smooth operator VERY tiny bit), air dry
soon to add after leave-in: Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel (VERY tiny bit) and THEN air dry

no combing but before washing, hardly any finger combing, just to smooth out the head hair a bit up top, scrunch in products.

My blog has pictures and such :) Sorry to redirect, but all related to the new care routine is in there.

Lapushka has been my angel through all this with help and advice :D

I'd say go ahead and try a different routine to see if your wavies come out more pronounced!

ErinLeigh
May 17th, 2014, 04:29 AM
yep blog covered everything :) I always forget to read those then when I do I cant tear myself away from them.
Thanks !

eadwine
May 17th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Haha you're welcome!

That gel has come in.. and boy does that ever smell yummy! Not overpowering or anything, and very "full". Not at all like what I am used to in gel.. they usually stink. :lol: