PDA

View Full Version : Littlebird I was just wondering

Jamie Lynn 40
September 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Littlebird-
I am thinking of coloring my hair your hair color ( I hope you don't mind) & then putting blonde streaks/highlights in it. I just love your hair color. I am starting to get so much grey in my hair & it just doesn't look good on me. :-) Anyway, thank you again for all the information you have given me. Oh by the way, on your shampoos , conditioners & leave-in conditioners, do you go " cone - free?"
JamieLynn40

Little_Bird
September 16th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hello Jamie Lynn!

Well, I don't really agree with coloring, but as growing long hair it's a personal choice so I don't see how I could mind about it :) If you really want to do that just go for it but remember it's always bad for your hair, and you'll have to work much more with it to keep it healthy and good looking...

About my products, they have cones. My hair likes them I think, as they improove combing. (Goes to check the actual cones...)

Ok, there are Amodimethicone (in the conditioner and in the mask) and Dimethicone in the shampoo. I don't use any leave in conditioner. I saw a list once that pointed out the good cones, the mild ones and the bad. Amodimethicone is a mild one I guess and the Dimethicone was pointed as a bad one. Still, my hair seems to like these and react well to them. I think they also build my wave pattern better.

You will have to try out with cones and no-cones for a while to know how your hair reacts. I once was worried they were bad but it depends on the person, so don't worry too much :)

It's a pleasure to help! Feel free do always drop a question when you need. I wish you good luck with your colour but I do think that white hair is lovely :flower:

Gumball
September 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM
As per what Little Bird said depending on how you color your hair it won't necessarily be bad for your hair. If you utilize bleach to put in the blond bits then that will likely cause you some damage. That is a personal choice. Still, if the color you use to achieve your goal color overall doesn't involve bleach and you're simply applying the color straight to your hair then you shouldn't have much if anything to worry about sans the natural maintenance that comes with coloring hair. Good luck!

Jamie Lynn 40
September 17th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Littlebird-
Thank you so much once again for all of your help. Also, I started using jojoba oil yesterday but today I just rinsed my hair & then added some extra virgin coconut oil to it. I like both of these oils. I am hoping that my hair will be ok & not damaged after I color it this weekend because I hate to trim it again for a year ( if I can wait that long). I would like to be able to try your hair trimming plan & see how my hair does with it. I am also going to try not to wash it but once a week because my hair also tends to be on the dry side. We will see I guess. Have a great evening.
JamieLynn40